Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:55 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times

Advertisements

The Border Patrol's Unconstitutional Drug Dragnet - Reason.com

The truth is that BP checkpoints are not for controlling intrusion of illegal aliens. It is for the purpose of conducting unconstitutional drug searches of American citizens as is now known.

According to the article, only 2% of illegal apprehensions are accomplished by these checkpoints, while 14% of marijuana seizures are credited to BP checkpoints. In the case highlighted by the article, the woman targeted was clearly being detained solely for the purpose of doing a drug search, a practice already deemed unconstitutional by the Appeals Court in CITY OF INDIANAPOLIS et al. v. EDMOND.

This time though, the BP violated the rights of a law school graduate who knows fully what the law is and will most likely take this as far up the legal ladder as necessary to set a legal president.

It is only by standing up to tyranny that freedom is maintained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 09:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Wish her the best of luck. Time to take back our country.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:41 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The Border Patrol's Unconstitutional Drug Dragnet - Reason.com

The truth is that BP checkpoints are not for controlling intrusion of illegal aliens. It is for the purpose of conducting unconstitutional drug searches of American citizens as is now known.

According to the article, only 2% of illegal apprehensions are accomplished by these checkpoints, while 14% of marijuana seizures are credited to BP checkpoints. In the case highlighted by the article, the woman targeted was clearly being detained solely for the purpose of doing a drug search, a practice already deemed unconstitutional by the Appeals Court in CITY OF INDIANAPOLIS et al. v. EDMOND.

This time though, the BP violated the rights of a law school graduate who knows fully what the law is and will most likely take this as far up the legal ladder as necessary to set a legal president.

It is only by standing up to tyranny that freedom is maintained.

Actually.... if you read the article the author only provides a story and an allegation.. and "if true" conclusion

I have no problems with being stopped by BP and you living on San Diego shouldnt either.. California has been turned into a ****hole third world country in many places because of illegals. Drugs are flying across our porous borders... heck I would think local drug users would want to support the local trade and would support drug seizures from other countries

In reading this story it smacks of BS in many places... having a camera record.. getting tazed for doing nothing ..yada yada same story... of the Im innocent as driven snow...

Show me the arrest report
Show me the court proceeding
Show me the successful civil suit in Federal court

Old 05-27-2015, 01:48 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Actually.... if you read the article the author only provides a story and an allegation.. and "if true" conclusion

I have no problems with being stopped by BP and you living on San Diego shouldnt either.. California has been turned into a ****hole third world country in many places because of illegals. Drugs are flying across our porous borders... heck I would think local drug users would want to support the local trade and would support drug seizures from other countries

In reading this story it smacks of BS in many places... having a camera record.. getting tazed for doing nothing ..yada yada same story... of the Im innocent as driven snow...

You can watch it live on YouTube if you are so inclined... it is pretty hard to refute video, although law enforcement does its best.
The purpose of the BP is to patrol the Border and that is where they belong, not hassling citizens.
The real truth of the matter though is that the Federal Government does not want to stop border traffic of illegal immigration or drug trafficking because it is making a ton of money off of both.
As a cop you are very aware of the game of Asset Forfeiture as a source of income. Cops in America have become as corrupt as any third world country in running drug searches for the purpose of asset forfeiture.

The cops and the criminals are now indistinguishable.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
I have an issue with the BP checkpoints that are not on the actual border or entry points.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

You don't need news stories when some of us have real life horror stories.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:27 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have an issue with the BP checkpoints that are not on the actual border or entry points.
The checkpoints are at the border, but the authority given to the Border Patrol at the checkpoint is extended beyond it. I agree that this poses a problem, as it invites civil rights violations basically at the discretion of the BP -- how far from the border is it reasonable to extend the relaxed standards for search and seizure? Apparently, they get to decide.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:38 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The checkpoints are at the border, but the authority given to the Border Patrol at the checkpoint is extended beyond it. I agree that this poses a problem, as it invites civil rights violations basically at the discretion of the BP -- how far from the border is it reasonable to extend the relaxed standards for search and seizure? Apparently, they get to decide.
100 Miles from the "Border" US supreme court has told them,

Include all "Coastal" also, and if they would to push it, they could say each airport that has a custom presents is a border and cover probably 99.999% of the US

Old 05-27-2015, 11:21 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
[quote=jimhcom;39782382]You can watch it live on YouTube if you are so inclined... it is pretty hard to refute video, although law enforcement does its best.
The purpose of the BP is to patrol the Border and that is where they belong, not hassling citizens.
The real truth of the matter though is that the Federal Government does not want to stop border traffic of illegal immigration or drug trafficking because it is making a ton of money off of both.
As a cop you are very aware of the game of Asset Forfeiture as a source of income. Cops in America have become as corrupt as any third world country in running drug searches for the purpose of asset forfeiture.

The cops and the criminals are now indistinguishable.

Are you discussing border patrol checkpoints or asset forfieture?
Because you know Holder has restricted asset forfeitures... and local law are even more restrictive.

When you use throw away lines like the above if tells me you are either ignorant or indoctrinated

Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
I would like a 50 foot steel wall build on the border with laser cannons every 10 feet. That should stop the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events