Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Well, we're trying, but you're not making it any easier by being so secretive. All you've let slip about your movement, at least in this thread, is that it has something to do with Millennials and police brutality. If you want to debate, you've got to give us something to work with!
I can't give you certain information, and it is very secretive. But I can give you some details.

It's non-violent. It's intellectual and cultural. It IS addressing inner city problems. Crime as well as Economy. It is NOT racist. And it was started by blacks and whites from across the aisle.

If the Boomers could form their own strong Movement, we might have a break from the current power structure and finally start to get some things done.

Let's put it this way. (Guessing your Conservative). The 'Liberal' media does NOT want us heard from. Anything said will be used against The Movement. So I don't make it easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 AM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Because you have no intention of helping. And I'm not about to help out "your side"

You'll just have to wait for it. Or follow along yourself.

When I started raising awareness about the Police issue I was called every name in the book. Ridiculed. Threatened. Everything. But look what we have now. A Movement to stop Police Corruption.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ke-slaves.html

Keep betting against me.
You have NO idea what I would help or not help. But no, I won't support some super secret, shady back door agenda to take over the world. "Your side"? WTF does that mean. You actually believe that there is a conspiracy to hold a specific demographic back from being law abiding, successful human beings. Yeah, go ahead and point that finger everywhere except inward. Guess what? I and all of my squeaky clean fellow 1%er white friends would love for everyone to live a higher standard. Morally, ethically and financially. It is not OUR fault that instead of fixing the problems within those communities that prevent them from doing so, they choose to blame everyone and everything else and expect "MY SIDE" to roll over, apologize for something we have no control over and pay to fix it. The one or two percent of police that are at the very least sub-standard at their job are not to blame for the what is it an 85%? single parent families in the hood rate that is the biggest issue in the area. Who cares if there is a "Movement to stop Police Corruption?" What exactly is it going to fix in your neck of the woods. Will it stop the 50 black on black murders in Chicago next month? The 5 of you in "#TheMovement" can go ahead and take "credit" if you want to look at it this way for causing more issues between the Authorities and the hood if you want. Good job. VERY helpful.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:33 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Perhaps but I'm willing to guess that the majority of those rioting don't pay any taxes to begin with so they will gladly vote yes to have that happen. The people who will end up paying the taxes are the ones with had nothing to do with it and had insurance to cover the damage so they won't need the funds. It's like rewarding bad behavior.

The White House has been rewarding their bad behavior for years now. Why do tax payers put up with it?

Elections do matter, so I hope the "dumbed down" voters have experienced enough to wake up!

Also, very well said SSPistol - many are so very tired of the endless whine that we don't even hear it anymore as it doesn't exist.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:37 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
You have NO idea what I would help or not help. But no, I won't support some super secret, shady back door agenda to take over the world. "Your side"? WTF does that mean. You actually believe that there is a conspiracy to hold a specific demographic back from being law abiding, successful human beings. Yeah, go ahead and point that finger everywhere except inward. Guess what? I and all of my squeaky clean fellow 1%er white friends would love for everyone to live a higher standard. Morally, ethically and financially. It is not OUR fault that instead of fixing the problems within those communities that prevent them from doing so, they choose to blame everyone and everything else and expect "MY SIDE" to roll over, apologize for something we have no control over and pay to fix it. The one or two percent of police that are at the very least sub-standard at their job are not to blame for the what is it an 85%? single parent families in the hood rate that is the biggest issue in the area. Who cares if there is a "Movement to stop Police Corruption?" What exactly is it going to fix in your neck of the woods. Will it stop the 50 black on black murders in Chicago next month? The 5 of you in "#TheMovement" can go ahead and take "credit" if you want to look at it this way for causing more issues between the Authorities and the hood if you want. Good job. VERY helpful.

Thanks for proving my point.

If I wanted your help, or you to join, I wouldn't keep it secret from you.

I've proven in these threads, primarily the Politics and Controversy's section, that I can efficiently problem solve, research, and create policy that has a positive change on society.

I've proved it to the world. I don't need to prove it to you. The ones who are really pulling the strings, they know.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:41 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
#noonecaresaboutyoursillymovement

No federal $ for city endorsed destruction of property

Old 05-29-2015, 10:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
More like your scared to debate. Let's be real here. Is the Police Corruption/Brutality issue not a 'Movement?'
Logical fallacy. Issues are not "movements".

Old 05-29-2015, 10:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.

If I wanted your help, or you to join, I wouldn't keep it secret from you.

I've proven in these threads, primarily the Politics and Controversy's section, that I can efficiently problem solve, research, and create policy that has a positive change on society.

I've proved it to the world. I don't need to prove it to you. The ones who are really pulling the strings, they know.
If you actually changed any policy you would be posting it and screaming it from the rooftops. Your delusions of being the next MLK are just that......delusions. The best part is you think you are this great debater, but in reality you are just another person crying like the proverbial victim and pulling out your race card.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:43 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
You need to create some Or innovate. Is that all your type jumps to when you don't have an argument? It doesn't work on me. I don't fit your stereotype. And all your doing is showing that you don't have the intellectual capacity to go toe to toe, so you throw out insults, and have temper tantrums. Now do you want to debate about something?
Yet another logical fallacy argument. You pass insult to create false authority for yourself. You "movement" is fake and you have done absolutely nothing to raise any issues. (well beyond the fact that you have issues and your subscription isn't up yet)

Old 05-29-2015, 10:45 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Since not everyone rioted and most people who live there are innocent victims, I'd say they should get relief. It's not going to the rioters anyway. It will go to rebuild the city and help business owners/victims get their lives back.
They already got LOTS of money from the government, and it didn't help at all.

Maybe the Clinton Foundation could pony up the money, instead of sending it off to foreign countries.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:46 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This was not a natural disaster, it was a mess created by ineptitude and pandering. The mayor wanted to give the protesters their space and make sure they were heard (ahem), now her city can pay for it.
Soros needs to pay for it. He hired the goons that protested and caused damage, didn't he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events