Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:49 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times

Advertisements

#Blacklivesmatter
Thugs are owning this City. Shouldn't there be some overt public outcry? Where are the protests?

Violent Weekend: 49 People Shot in Chicago - JetMag.com

49 shooting incidents took place throughout the city between Friday and early Monday, reports the Chicago Tribune.
A 24-year-old man became the city’s 49th victim after sustaining gunshot wounds to his abdomen and leg around 3 a.m. in Chicago’s South Shore neighborhood. About 2 hours earlier, mourners gathered at the crime scene of a homicide near 78th and South Shore after a man had been found dead.
An 81-year-old woman also fell victim to the violent shootings.
As Iola Burress mourned the death of her daughter sat on a South Side Auburn Gresham porch with her grandson, the two were shot on Friday night after a white SUV pulled up and people inside began firing shots.
The incident happened at about 5 p.m. in the 7800 block of South Carpenter. Buress was struck four times in the wrist, lower belly and arm, her great-grandson told NBC Chicago. Her grandson, Sylvester Burress was struck near his buttocks.
Both were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in stable condition as of Saturday morning.
Twenty-two people were shot Friday night into early Saturday and another 18 were shot late Saturday morning into Sunday. Two of those shootings resulted in fatalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 10:54 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,465 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...-9-people.html

I can see right through your false outrage bull$h*t.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post

I have no outrage... I'm wondering why the #BlackLivesMatter movement is not outraged

Old 05-18-2015, 11:04 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
#Blacklivesmatter
Thugs are owning this City. Shouldn't there be some overt public outcry? Where are the protests?

Violent Weekend: 49 People Shot in Chicago - JetMag.com

49 shooting incidents took place throughout the city between Friday and early Monday, reports the Chicago Tribune.
A 24-year-old man became the city’s 49th victim after sustaining gunshot wounds to his abdomen and leg around 3 a.m. in Chicago’s South Shore neighborhood. About 2 hours earlier, mourners gathered at the crime scene of a homicide near 78th and South Shore after a man had been found dead.
An 81-year-old woman also fell victim to the violent shootings.
As Iola Burress mourned the death of her daughter sat on a South Side Auburn Gresham porch with her grandson, the two were shot on Friday night after a white SUV pulled up and people inside began firing shots.
The incident happened at about 5 p.m. in the 7800 block of South Carpenter. Buress was struck four times in the wrist, lower belly and arm, her great-grandson told NBC Chicago. Her grandson, Sylvester Burress was struck near his buttocks.
Both were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in stable condition as of Saturday morning.
Twenty-two people were shot Friday night into early Saturday and another 18 were shot late Saturday morning into Sunday. Two of those shootings resulted in fatalities.
Non of them were killed by cops...not to worry.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Non of them were killed by cops...not to worry.
Either #BlackLivesMatter or #BlackLivesMatterOnlyIfTheyAreKilledByCops

Old 05-18-2015, 11:18 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
The Movement, who started 'The Movement' was not Black Lives Matter and were addressing various issues, including inner city crime.

So basically, your asking why a front group backed by a wealthy Democrat isn't addressing an issue on their agenda. While ignoring the fact that the group who brought the issue to light, wasn't just focusing on Police issues and never made the Mike Brown case about race.

Your the one being fooled. And now your playing up the division.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The Movement, who started 'The Movement' was not Black Lives Matter and were addressing various issues, including inner city crime.

So basically, your asking why a front group backed by a wealthy Democrat isn't addressing an issue on their agenda. While ignoring the fact that the group who brought the issue to light, wasn't just focusing on Police issues and never made the Mike Brown case about race.

Your the one being fooled. And now your playing up the division.
I know nothing about the founders of #BlackLivesMatter
I only Know that I see no outrage or national news coverage about 49 people shot in a weekend, but I see marches and riots when it is 1 life that has died in police custody. Neither is acceptable, but shouldn't both deserve similar reactions?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I know nothing about the founders of #BlackLivesMatter
I only Know that I see no outrage or national news coverage about 49 people shot in a weekend, but I see marches and riots when it is 1 life that has died in police custody. Neither is acceptable, but shouldn't both deserve similar reactions?
That's the point I'm making.

The REAL Movement never singled out people by race and was NEVER focused on JUST Police Corruption. They were fighting various issues. And it was not just an effort by Liberals, or Dems, or anything like that.

That's the part that everybody keeps missing.

Divide and conquer worked for Round 1. People think BlackLivesMatter actually started something. Hell anything.

They didn't.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:51 AM

BlackLivesMatter was a co-opt of The Movement started by Taking Back the Radio.

Notice in Empire who got the shout out and endorsement from Hollywood? Notice Jay-Z launching on the same launch date of Taking Back the Radio and claiming that its a service "For the artists" and that its "Revolutionary?"

It's all by design. They don't want certain messages getting out. Particularly ones of empowerment instead of being a victim.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:55 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,654,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Should it be acceptable for 49 people to be shot in one city? Just a typical weekend in paradise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events