Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:52 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times

Advertisements

Now let me see if I have this right...

There's no guidance or discipline in the home. The family situation is so unstable, 'Junior' doesn't even know where or to whom to send a Father's Day card. Junior gets dumped into the education system where he is socially promoted because the overwhelmed school district can't deal with the undisciplined whelp. Junior's major formative influences are 'gangsta' rap videos and a corresponding peer group of gangsta wannabes.

At age 18, Junior is turned loose on society carrying a bad attitude, a broken compass, little respect for authority, and maybe even a gun. Junior then gets himself in big trouble with the law and meets dire consequences. And the situation diagnosis is that the police need more training and understanding?

Pardon me for asking, but do you really believe this BS ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 AM

178 posts, read 232,375 times
Yes, I think criminals and their family members do actually believe this.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:19 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
I think your both clueless if you think that's the problem. It just shows how out of touch some Americans are of real problems.

If you don't understand, don't act like you do. Just embrace your ignorance as a learning opportunity.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:21 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,554 times
Stereotyping much?

Painted with a broad brush is not how all families are.

Seems to me, some just don't get it.

SMH

Old 05-30-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Stereotyping much?

Painted with a broad brush is not how all families are.

Seems to me, some just don't get it.

SMH
And to claim the 'other' parents can't reason.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:17 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,554 times
moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 06-07-2015 at 02:36 AM..

Old 05-30-2015, 12:19 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Now let me see if I have this right...

There's no guidance or discipline in the home. The family situation is so unstable, 'Junior' doesn't even know where or to whom to send a Father's Day card. Junior gets dumped into the education system where he is socially promoted because the overwhelmed school district can't deal with the undisciplined whelp. Junior's major formative influences are 'gangsta' rap videos and a corresponding peer group of gangsta wannabes.

At age 18, Junior is turned loose on society carrying a bad attitude, a broken compass, little respect for authority, and maybe even a gun. Junior then gets himself in big trouble with the law and meets dire consequences. And the situation diagnosis is that the police need more training and understanding?

Pardon me for asking, but do you really believe this BS ?

I think that sums up many of the problems we are now seeing from out of control kids of any colour.

People love to pass the blame to the schools, the streets, the cops, Obama.... When what it comes down to is the individual.

A kid has choices to make everyday as do adults. Do I go to school and try my hardest to learn? Do I stand on the corner dealing drugs? Do I take drugs or drink booze? Do I steal this item? If I'm stopped by the Cops do I Run? Do I give them an attitude? Do I resist arrest or fight if it comes to that?

As an adult we are faced with choices everyday that can get us into trouble. Do I speed through this school zone? I'm late should do I run this red light? Do I steal from my workplace? Should I cheat on my wife? Can I have another drink and drive home?

There are rules and standards in society that we all need to adhere to and if we don't then we should expect the LAW to come down on us.

Being "good and responsible is a personal decision and kids need ot hold themselves to a higher standard if their parents won't.
The Cops are only the ones to stop Junior and actually might save his life.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I'm sorry to report that there's a lot more "Juniors" in our K-12 system than many here would like to admit.
I work in the poor Title 1 schools. There are some schools where I will not go back they are so bad.

There's way too much denial both by society, parents and even school administrators.

And yes, they are socially promoted because repeating a grade will do absolutely nothing.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:24 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
WHY do you automatically assume Junior is not white??? There ARE WAY TO MANY JUNIORS in this world today as family units have broken completely apart. Junior comes in EVERY color, religion, creed these days! In 2 generations it has gone from if you became pregnant without being married you were shipped off to "visit your aunt" to save your "reputation" to now more than 44% of the children born in the US are to single mothers.

Gangsta wannabes come in ALL colors!!! Fact is, lack of family units and involved parenting IS the issue! Kids these days listen to gangster rap condoning sex/mistreatment of women/glamorizing anger and violence. Quick drug money with fast cars and LOTS of bad-ass attitudes.

Social promoting in school vs failing the kid is NOW acceptable....why do you want to make this a RACIAL issue??? Bad parents, like bad kids, come in EVERY color! Maybe the most recent "issues" in mostly black concentrations of population have been in the national news, but trust me I live in TEXAS and you see SOME parent whining about how "the police did little Johnny or Junior or Juan" wrong EVERY week. Never mind little Johnny's track record, just because he has HAD multiple arrests, this time he was TOTALLY innocent.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
WHY do you automatically assume Junior is not white??? There ARE WAY TO MANY JUNIORS in this world today as family units have broken completely apart. Junior comes in EVERY color, religion, creed these days! In 2 generations it has gone from if you became pregnant without being married you were shipped off to "visit your aunt" to save your "reputation" to now more than 44% of the children born in the US are to single mothers.

Gangsta wannabes come in ALL colors as well!!! Fact is, lack of family units and involved parenting IS the issue!

Social promoting in school vs failing the kid is NOW acceptable....why do you want to make this a RACIAL issue??? Bad parents, like bad kids, come in EVERY color! Maybe the most recent "issues" in mostly black concentrations of population have been in the national news, but trust me I live in TEXAS and you see SOME parent whining about how "the police did little Johnny or Junior or Juan" wrong EVERY week. Never mind little Johnny's track record, just because he has HAD multiple arrests, this time he was TOTALLY innocent.
Gangsters come in all colors and some wear badges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events