Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:56 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times

Advertisements

Iirc Beau was a National Guard officer and did a tour in Iraq. There was talk of him becoming a Delaware politician but I guess his health was a problem.

Didn't Joe Biden lose a kid when he was young too, in a car accident or something? Tough for anyone to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Iirc Beau was a National Guard officer and did a tour in Iraq. There was talk of him becoming a Delaware politician but I guess his health was a problem.

Didn't Joe Biden lose a kid when he was young too, in a car accident or something? Tough for anyone to deal with.
Yes, his wife and kid. Very sad.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:04 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Hey, dont get me started on Biden.

First of all, it is truly tragic about his son; I didn't even know he was ill with that d**n disease.

But you opened up the subject of his "facing" the tragedy of the loss of his wife and baby daughter in that accident. An accident that he ran around the country, blaming on a drunk driver, when the driver hadn't been drinking and wasn't even at fault for the accident.

He did what he does best--he lied. And recently, too. He let that poor man go to his grave with Biden lying about him for political points, and he put the man's family through hell.

Joe Biden is and always was a political opportunist with no scruples, and he doesn't care who he mows down along the way.
Sorry your life has made you so miserable that you can only find fault at every turn. When my brother died at an early age, it took the wind out of my Dad's sails. It was a brutal time. It's sad you have to prove yourself as one with no scruples.

My condolences to the Biden family.

You might want to take time away from trolling and read this.

8 Things That Only Truly Miserable People Do

1. They manage to find the worst in everything – always finding the down side.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,078,179 times
Wow...age 46?

Old 05-31-2015, 03:35 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,402 times
We can study galaxies billions of miles away and map the human genome but we still can't stop something so horrible from happening before our eyes. I wish we, as humanity, would cease all scientific research unrelated to cancer, and spend ten years putting every ounce of effort into finding a cure for cancer. It destroys too many people... From a conservative Christian, my thoughts and prayers are with the Biden family.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:40 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Loss of 2 kids and a wife is a tragedy no matter what his political affiliation.

46. Damn.

Sometimes it really seems like some families are more "tragedy prone."

Old 05-31-2015, 03:43 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Beau Biden was twice elected Attorney General of Delaware, serving from January 2007 to January of this year.

Quote:
After he was first elected to the Senate, his wife and daughter were killed in a car accident that badly injured both of his sons - weeks later, he took the oath of office in the hospital at Beau's bedside.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:48 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
Some bloggers, C-D posters, and media personalities will take any opportunity to be tasteless.
So unfortunate, and so true.

Here is a pic that Beau Biden had shared via Twitter just 6 months ago:

https://twitter.com/BeauBiden/status...631810/photo/1

That Delahanty post on this thread was utterly disrespectful to the now deceased war veteran on the left, and the grieving father and VPOTUS on the right.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:49 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
IF indeed he knew full well the driver was NOT drunk, nor responsible for the accident and continued to say or imply that he was...then that is evidence of not having scruples, not an opinion. You can be INVOLVED in an accident and NOT at fault for it.

True, that has nothing to do with his son's death. But it says a lot about the character of a person who would do that. And it's not good.
I don't think it's your place to be be judging Joe Biden's character on this point...anything and everything else, OK, fair game, but not on this point...i.e., his reaction to that unspeakable, personal tragedy, how he dealt with it, his perception of it, etc. etc.

People deal with tragedy & grief in different ways. People mourn in different ways. People deal with their pain in different ways. Grief & pain will color your judgement and reality. When my father died of cancer at 58, I did and said a lot of irrational things. I blamed a lot of people. And that was just my dad. I mean, I loved and continue to mourn my dad, but the passing of a parent can't be as painful as the passing of a child & spouse at such a young age.

I can't imagine my reaction to a spouse and baby dying so unexpectedly in such an accident, leaving me a widow and single parent of 2 (seriously injured) toddlers at age 30. Can you? You think you are so morally superior that you would deal with that tragedy in exactly the correct manner (whatever that even is)?

In his memoir, Biden wrote how he had been so filled with rage that he'd go out walking late at night, in dark & seedy neighborhoods, looking for a fight. How he had started to view suicide not only as a viable option, but as a 'rational' option. How he had had a crisis of faith and found no comfort in the church and in God.

So if he, out of blind anger, grief and pain, chooses to believe that alcohol may have played a part in that tragedy...I think I can give him a pass and a break on that.

That people would use that, at a time like this, to question Joe Biden's character and 'scruples'? That is rich.

Sometimes, this forum truly is a cesspool.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:51 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,411,149 times
RIP, Beau. Way too young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events