Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 12:35 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Where in the world did you get such info?
As I said "talk". Clearly, there is no sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoceanbeach View Post
Is Silicon Valley the center of our country's economy now?
Did I say it was? No. But there's no denying the amount of money going into startups there that if interest rates do go up, will then dry up because better return can be made elsewhere. Lack of funds = no need to employ so many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 12:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Unless he know's something nobody else knows, I vote crazy.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:37 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Threats of economic colapse have been looming since the last bubble a few years ago .
If you fallow the world news and not just local stuff you get a lot more information.
I was keeping touch on a survivalist board for a while where a lot more information is being shared from around the world.
Actually I look at all news -not daily- but watch financials, Chinese, Spanish and the Brits- then run through all our cables channels - and CSPAN and local recorded live channels -I read all kinds of stuff from all over so - no--I only see one group that lives in the fear factor

Old 06-05-2015, 07:38 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Exclamation *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansea
Just saw a tv ad by Ron Paul predicting financial doom on the horizon.
Yup and its coming!!!!!!!!

QUITE S00N!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Greece has already announced that they're going to default on their loans and that's going to affect things. They're trying to work with them to stave off the change in currency valuation but if it happens they'll be out of the eurozone. This has been put off for several years now with temporary band-aids and another month isn't going to make a bit of difference. Once it occurs it will be a domino affect.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Greece has already announced that they're going to default on their loans and that's going to affect things. They're trying to work with them to stave off the change in currency valuation but if it happens they'll be out of the eurozone. This has been put off for several years now with temporary band-aids and another month isn't going to make a bit of difference. Once it occurs it will be a domino affect.
So you figure that Greece is going to bring down the entire world economy? Better put everything in gold, right now.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:43 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
I don't care how crazy it seems, how preposterous, how unlikely......

When Ron Paul talks, I pay attention

Old 06-05-2015, 08:44 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So you figure that Greece is going to bring down the entire world economy? Better put everything in gold, right now.
I'm not saying it will bring down the entire world economy. More like Greece will be voted out with maybe one country standing by it trying to work with them as everyone else walks away. The result in the US will be mixed but the effect will be felt globally as everyone shifts around in their seats to the new arrangement.

Personally, I feel they should all sit down and hit the reset button on the national debts.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:45 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansea View Post

Is this crazy?
It's anything to do with Ron Paul, so, yes.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I think most conservatives are full of it. They don't want less government. They want less of the government programs they don't like.
yep, they're happy to feed from the gov't trough when it's them getting the benefit. If the benefit is for someone else, they are against it all of a sudden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events