Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 06:37 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

The latest salvo from the Trump in the growing controversy.

Exclusive: Trump Bans Univision Employees From His Properties

Quote:
Donald Trump has banned any employee of Univision from stepping foot on one of his properties after the Spanish-language network cancelled the Miss USA telecast.

The billionaire real estate baron, who is now running for president, sent a signed letter to the company's CEO and made threats about future policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 06:41 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
I believe this guy would learn some hard lessons if he became president, and we would all suffer greatly as a result.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
I believe this guy would learn some hard lessons if he became president, and we would all suffer greatly as a result.
He'll never ever be a US president. He's nothing but an attention pandering joke who wants the publicity to grow more of his money making schemes. While I am independent and no lover of the radical left, it's also enlightening and concerning to see that so many of the republican voting base support this man....It says a lot about the republicans.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:36 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Christie
Trump
Clinton

If this is all this country can muster up for talked about candidates we’re in pretty bad shape.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:37 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
People underestimate Trump. I think he's got a good shot at the prize, but only if he's seriously running, which is yet to be seen. Americans are sick of politicians who promise one thing and don't deliver. None of the republicans defy the left the way Trump is doing. Trump doesn't need the money from "special interest" groups. If he's being as real as I think he is, nobody will be able to pay him off, not now, not in the future.

Trump also doesn't care who he pisses off. He's blunt. He doesn't pander. He doesn't bend. Let's not be so quick to dismiss him.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:40 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Trump is an even worse bully than Chrisite.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:40 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
People underestimate Trump. I think he's got a good shot at the prize, but only if he's seriously running, which is yet to be seen. Americans are sick of politicians who promise one thing and don't deliver. None of the republicans defy the left the way Trump is doing. Trump doesn't need the money from "special interest" groups. If he's being as real as I think he is, nobody will be able to pay him off, not now, not in the future.

Trump also doesn't care who he pisses off. He's blunt. He doesn't pander. He doesn't bend. Let's not be so quick to dismiss him.
The problem is that you can't run a country like that. The president has to work with Congress and foreign leaders. Feel good bravado doesn't equate with real world practicality.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The problem is that you can't run a country like that. The president has to work with Congress and foreign leaders. Feel good bravado doesn't equate with real world practicality.
The man is very successful because he knows it takes more than bravado to broker deals in NYC, as well as other parts of the world. I'm confident he would be able to work with both sides of the aisle as well as negotiate with heads of other countries. I'm sure he has more international savvy than most of the candidates, plus I like the idea that he's not beholden to lobbyists or special interest groups.

To all the empty nay-sayers, you don't have to like his hair, or his decorating taste, or even his personality, in order to be convinced he'd make a great president.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Go Trump!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
I 100% agree. While I agree that simply running for President requires a fairly big ego - Trump's ego is just too big to allow him to be effective in running a country. That, and what he knows about foreign policy would fit into a thimble.

He's ALREADY embroiled in a lawsuit over his words and he's only been a candidate for how long . . ?

He's a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
BINGO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events