Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 PM

308 posts, read 366,814 times

Advertisements

All kidding and tomfoolery aside... It's popular to be black these days... it got her some benefits... and she pulled it off quite well for a long while. She played a scam to a certain degree, but she identifies with the image... that's the bottom line. People play scams every day. Calling her crazy for wanting to be black sounds a bit racist... it implies there's something negative about another race. It would be more accurate to call her a liar... but then are we going to call Caitlin Jenner a liar and insist she's a man? Instead, the world has proclaimed that "courage".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 AM

59 posts, read 49,724 times
Jesus Christ, woman, you're white.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:30 AM

1,110 posts, read 895,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I agree she used deception to get her position of power.
I am not sure that her original intent was to deceive. She is a "wanna-be," and has identified very strongly with black culture, etc. Part of the reason may have been that her parents adopted several black children. You only need to think about the family dynamics on that one- she wanted to be like her siblings, on some level. I am not excusing her behavior, but she also did work on behalf of African Americans in addition to any deceit on her part- it was not exactly "getting over."

Old 07-21-2015, 05:31 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,036,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think she should get detained by authorities and get horse whipped or an ass-kicking in jail just so she understands the 'black experience' she claims.
Lot of black people getting horse whipped these days huh...

Old 07-21-2015, 06:06 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Why are people still talking about this nitwit?
Because CNN is still giving her press coverage.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:11 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
This woman befuddles and fascinates me...it would be interesting to know if there are many people who do this.

I've read some articles here and there written by black folks about her and there seems to be some that are okay with what she did and some that are not. That's not unusual in itself, every has their own opinions.

This whole thing is just weird!

Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
She sued a black college for discrimination and then decided that it would be more profitable to pretend to be black in her pursuit of power/money/fame. It almost worked!

Old 07-21-2015, 06:25 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go09 View Post
All kidding and tomfoolery aside... It's popular to be black these days... it got her some benefits... and she pulled it off quite well for a long while. She played a scam to a certain degree, but she identifies with the image... that's the bottom line. People play scams every day. Calling her crazy for wanting to be black sounds a bit racist... it implies there's something negative about another race. It would be more accurate to call her a liar... but then are we going to call Caitlin Jenner a liar and insist she's a man? Instead, the world has proclaimed that "courage".
What kind of benefits do get from being black?
She lied to everyone in her life. She hired a guy to be her dad.She was working with children . What kind of example she is setting?

Old 07-21-2015, 06:39 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Instead of dissing her the White people in America should be thanking her.
She paved the way for all of us to be Black should the need arise.
That's why I think that phrase "I identify as X" is total PC crap. An individual is either a certain characteristic or he/she is not, and a person's claiming to be this or that is irrelevant to the objective facts. I can identify myself as a unicorn, but that sure doesn't make a horn and two extra legs magically appear on my body

Old 07-21-2015, 06:45 AM

774 posts, read 744,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
She made the NAACP look even more ridiculous.
And that's a hell of a feat in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events