Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 10:37 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times

Advertisements

Put more Blacks in TV commercials and have them portray the person in charge, the one explaining to others or the one that wins or comes out on top.

Its been going on for a while but has recently become so obvious. Just watch some TV commercials and you'll see yourself. This is how to pacify the population into thinking the problem is going away.

Anyone else notice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 11:49 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,537 times
I think companies in general are trying to show themselves as more all-inclusive. Not just with blacks, but all races.

Except for Mentos...

Old 07-24-2015, 08:36 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
And don't forget about the dimwitted, nancyish, lobotomized White guy!

Old 07-24-2015, 10:31 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,130 times
Why not just dip all white people in henna, and black people in bleach? Yeah the mexicans get off easy on this solution

Old 07-24-2015, 10:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I would love to see more representations of people who look like me doing normal stuff. Just like my daily life. Contrary to popular belief, black people have professional jobs, do homework with their kids, eat dinner with their family, have brunch with their friends.......

Old 07-24-2015, 11:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Reminds me of this 30 Rock scene (video's not great quality so you might need to turn it up):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bowPKnS4Ypk

Old 07-24-2015, 11:42 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I would love to see more representations of people who look like me doing normal stuff. Just like my daily life. Contrary to popular belief, black people have professional jobs, do homework with their kids, eat dinner with their family, have brunch with their friends.......
or become president?

Racism is embedded in a culture of misconceptions and stereotypes about others. How many nations across the world are as multi cultural and as varied as the US?
If one lives in a homogenous culture the tendency for racism against others is fruit for the picking.
Racism isn't something you are born with but learned.

There will always be racism in America and sadly the loudest ones are always heard.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:57 PM

431 posts, read 449,720 times
Quote:
British TV is much better about this. People of all backgrounds have all sorts of jobs. Plus British actors are generally of middling attractiveness so it's even more realistic.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:10 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
British TV is much better about this. People of all backgrounds have all sorts of jobs. Plus British actors are generally of middling attractiveness so it's even more realistic.
British shows are so much better about this. It is so odd that when an american movie takes place in London it is all white people. I ask myself um what London is that?

One of my fave shows of all time is Girlfriends. It was a Kelsey Grammar produced show. Basically it was a group of 4 black women with jobs like lawyer, realtor, housewife, and of course someone who was underemployed. And basically it showed them hanging out, having work drama, having relationship drama and all sorts of normal stuff. It was great and relatable.

And you know, Hey Dude on Nickelodeon was pretty mixed too.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:17 AM

431 posts, read 449,720 times
Quote:
British shows are so much better about this. It is so odd that when an american movie takes place in London it is all white people. I ask myself um what London is that?

One of my fave shows of all time is Girlfriends. It was a Kelsey Grammar produced show. Basically it was a group of 4 black women with jobs like lawyer, realtor, housewife, and of course someone who was underemployed. And basically it showed them hanging out, having work drama, having relationship drama and all sorts of normal stuff. It was great and relatable.

And you know, Hey Dude on Nickelodeon was pretty mixed too.
haha, my sister always made fun of me for watching Girlfriends. I watched because I thought they were hot, though. not cuz they had regular jobs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events