Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:49 AM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm always amazed by the people who don't know the difference between BBQ and grilling.

Friend, "Hey, want to come to my BBQ?"

Me, "Yeah, that sounds great."

Friend, "I'll be doing burgers and hot dogs, but there will also be chicken breasts for those who don't like burgers or dogs."

I BBQ because I have a Weber which uses Charcoal. Grilling is on a gas grill. People are probably objecting to the charcoal BBQ because it smokes more when the coals burn and from the meat fats.

Smokers, (which also can be done on either a BBQ or Grill) make even more smoke, and takes hours and hours for meats. My guess is that if they do not like Charcoal BBQ, they would really hate Smokers.

Having lived through the aftermath of a hurricane without any power for days, BBQ was the only way to cook. I even made breakfast and coffee on it. lol Hello, Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 11:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
I live in a condo, in which we're all attached. Many of us have grills on the patio (myself included with a gas grill, and a Weber charcoal grill). We have our share of busy bodies in the neighborhood, but I can't think of ONE person EVER complaining about another neighbor cooking out! In fact, what person doesn't like the smell of a BBQ or a cookout? My neighbors have a chiminea and in the colder months make a fire so that sitting outside is more tolerable! Again, what person doesn't like the smell of a campfire? I didn't necessarily grow up in the sticks, and am for the most part a suburbanite, but I could never get sick of any of those 2 smells! It's probably because I did a lot of camping growing up. My wife on the other hand didn't but her dad did grill a lot, and she loves a good campfire too. Some folks just have to b*** and moan about everything, I guess.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:56 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Ok ms. lady get yourself a huge fan to send smoke away from your property- not the neighbors problem you are ill and you do what you have to make SELF healthy

Old 07-28-2015, 02:29 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,263 times
Can we apply this to light pollution? If we are going down that road....

Old 07-29-2015, 05:34 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well in this case, I'd say feed the complaining neighbor, lol.

It does depend though...a standard home grill should be no problem, but if he's using one of the big kind that they use at festivals, and thick black smoke is traveling I can see the person's point. It really shouldn't be that difficult to place the grill where the wind won't carry it into that neighbor's yard.

If you've got black smoke, you don't have a BBQ. You have a fire.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
what the ****?? that city worker might as well cite half the county while he's at it. There are probably less people who don't bbq in the summer than those that do. And you can smell a charcoal grill from a good 300 feet as the wind blows.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:34 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Did any of you see the video of how much smoke is coming off his property??? Seriously I'd be pissed off if all I wanted to do was sit in my own yard to enjoy the day and had to get smoked out to death by my disrespectful idiot neighbor

Old 07-29-2015, 12:06 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Cities have started Banning people from smoking in public outdoor places. This should not be a surprise.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
I would negotiate with BBQ man, and try to get free lifetime BBQ.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:09 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
The lawsuit claims they are using a commercial smoker for catering. In the video, at the end of the conversation the county official asks Chris Matt if he has any questions to which he replies "yeah, could you go over there and shoot that *****?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events