Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:03 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Oh boy just what we need another incident involving an apparent beating by law.

Use of force under investigation after Target arrest caught on camera | 7online.com

Quote:
The NYPD is investigating the use of force used by officers during an arrest at a Target store in Brooklyn that was caught on camera.

The video shows several punches being thrown, including two by a male officer and two by a female officer, as a crowd instantly gathers around the officers from the 70th Precinct who are attempting to arrest Alando Brisset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yXgFoz2O0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
n internal investigation has been triggered after video surfaced showing NYPD cops punching a man. The man, Alando Brissett, was under arrest at a Target store in Brooklyn, NY. Brissett reportedly refused to leave the store after dropping off bottles for recycling because the store did not give out the receipts he requested.

Well, that would warrant 50 cops with four of them punching the guy.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:39 PM

431 posts, read 449,781 times
where do they all come from? was the cop shop across the street?

why did it take 45 minutes for ONE cop to show up after I got mugged at gunpoint? but if there's a guy at target already getting beat up by 8 cops, 42 other cops somehow materialize immediately to join the fun?

Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post

why did it take 45 minutes for ONE cop to show up after I got mugged at gunpoint? but if there's a guy at target already getting beat up by 8 cops, 42 other cops somehow materialize immediately to join the fun?

I think there were fewer cops when there were nuts shooting into crowds. And I love the way they all stood around doing nothing once outside. Get in your damn cars and get back to work.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:01 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,130 times
Are you sure that was America?

Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post

Officer needs assistance = 50 cop response.

You getting mugged = We'll send a car when one becomes available.

The police are not there to protect you. They are there to protect themselves. If you believe otherwise, you are fooling yourself.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think there were fewer cops when there were nuts shooting into crowds. And I love the way they all stood around doing nothing once outside. Get in your damn cars and get back to work.
Get back to work? Don't you mean get back to the doughnut shop?

Old 07-29-2015, 03:08 AM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
If you resist arrest, you should expect and deserve a beat-down.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:07 PM

Another one from NYPD. It's looks like the NYPD is back and wants to have a riot. They sure are trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aQrHAsMdXM

Old 07-29-2015, 03:24 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Officer needs assistance = 50 cop response.

You getting mugged = We'll send a car when one becomes available.

The police are not there to protect you. They are there to protect themselves. If you believe otherwise, you are fooling yourself.
Off Topic...

I've unfortunately have been around when two police officers were murdered, I say unfortunately because these were good cops... but if you've ever been anywhere near where a cop gets killed, you would think that you were watching a remake of the invasion of Normandy! There are cops EVERYWHERE, there are cops closing streets, there are cops stopping every car, there are cops bracing up every possible suspect or anyone that might look like someone who looks like someone who looks like someone who the cops think might look like someone that knows who killed the cop.

And, I have no problem with that except...

I asked a friend, who is a cop, to think what the effect of such a full court press might have on inner city violence if they responded to a street shooting like they respond to a cop shooting. After several moments of silence, he turned to me and simply acknowledged the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events