Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 06:09 PM

13,445 posts, read 9,968,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
First off, before you go off and say i am defending the Police officer....i am not. I do not know what happened. it is a tragedy that a person had to die over what seemed like a minor traffic infraction. i do not know if he tried to drag the cop, i dont know if it was a rogue cop. I am guessing that will come out. In the articles i have read, it seemed there was some sort of disagreement/apprehension with the shooting victim supplying the officer with his drivers license/registration/identification....here is how this works, and it is NOT open for debate. You pull over, hands on the steering wheel. Once the cop approaches the car, he/she will ask 999 times out of a 1000...."license, registration, insurance card"....the only response to that ORDER is giving the officer what he/she wants with a "yes sir/maam"....if you are arguing that point, you lose the argument....no debate, no negotiation (at that point)....like Nike says, JUST DO IT
That's fair enough and of course that's what most people will do. But there are some that won't. For whatever reason. Cops know this they're cops. They deal with distressed, angry, scared, uncompliant people for whatever reason all the time.

That's their job. The answer can't be to shoot them in the street.

They, as whole, need to figure something out.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

And let's get real here - if I was a black man the LAST thing I would want to do is get out of a car when a cop is ordering me to do so.
You forgot to add "especially if I were drunk and driving without a license."

Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,960,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly. By the way some people talk, you'd think everyone everywhere got stopped by the police for no reason at all.

Not. Most people, including Blacks never get stopped by the police. Why? Because most people, including Blacks, don't break the laws and thus have no contact with the police.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:17 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
I just saw the video in slow motion.

The cop is claiming he reached in to try to get the keys.

Not true.

His left hand was grasping the seat belt, which the driver still had on, while his right hand already had the gun out.

It looked as though the cop was holding him down in order to shoot him.

It's very clear.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,635,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't know if the man was drunk. Either do you. And driving without your license isn't punishable by death.

Regardless of whether or not I was committing a crime, I'd be very apprehensive to get out of the car if I was black. If you don't understand why, you haven't been watching the news.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just saw the video in slow motion.

The cop is claiming he reached in to try to get the keys.

Not true.

His left hand was grasping the seat belt, which the driver still had on, while his right hand already had the gun out.

It looked as though the cop was holding him down in order to shoot him.

It's very clear.

I'll have to watch it again, but it was obvious he lied about being run over, just as he lied in the second video of the same cop that someone posted today.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:25 PM

1,069 posts, read 713,582 times
Quote:
I don't know if the man was drunk. Either do you. And driving without your license isn't punishable by death.

Regardless of whether or not I was committing a crime, I'd be very apprehensive to get out of the car if I was black. If you don't understand why, you haven't been watching the news.
then you deserve getting hauled out thru the drivers side window....problem solved

Old 07-30-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
then you deserve getting hauled out thru the drivers side window....problem solved
You sound like a cop.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:29 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
I'll have to watch it again, but it was obvious he lied about being run over, just as he lied in the second video of the same cop that someone posted today.
It really has to be seen in slow motion; everything happens very fast.

Nancy Grace is showing the video in slo-mo now.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:31 PM

1,069 posts, read 713,582 times
Quote:
You sound like a cop.
You sound like someone who has an issue with authority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events