Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 05:45 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Probably, yes, people's lives would be about the same.

Black immigrants from Africa and the Carribean have a tiny fraction of the crime rate of native-born black citizens, and have much better educational and economic outcomes.

That points to the strong probability that, while there is certainly racism, there are also cultural reasons why certain groups have problems advancing in society.
Yeah but they didn't have to endure slavery. Oh that's right they did & they're over it now. What a coincidence.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:54 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Yeah but they didn't have to endure slavery. Oh that's right they did & they're over it now. What a coincidence.
Well, Blacks in those countries are also responsible for their own countries. That is the major difference between Blacks from abroad and Blacks here in this country. Blacks in those countries might have endured slavery. On the other and, how many nations in the Caribbean had anything like Jim Crow like in the USA?

Furthermore, something else I want to point out. If there is one way to look at how many Blacks in the USA see themselves, it is this. One can point out "immigrants don't complain and they've been through alot". However, there is a reason it is seen as a cop out by many. The persons many are measuring themselves against are not immigrants who choose to come here. It is the group that is the majority in the USA that many measure themselves against. Many don't worry about what goes on overseas, but rather, what goes on here,in this country.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:06 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
If you want to hear someone talk about how lazy and violent black Americans are talk to a black person from the Caribbean or Africa who lives in America now.

(No, I don't feel this way but a LOT of black immigrants do. As a native born American I know that our social history is a lot more complicated than it seems to an immigrant)

Old 08-16-2015, 04:28 PM

This is my assessment. It isn't a surprise to see no riots with Black on Black murders. People riot when they perceive someone who isn't them oppressing them. People rarely riot when they know that it is their own people murdering them. I also might add this. It is easier for someone to leave a crime infested neighborhood than to avoid a police officer who might have a bias against you.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:23 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is my assessment. It isn't a surprise to see no riots with Black on Black murders. People riot when they perceive someone who isn't them oppressing them. People rarely riot when they know that it is their own people murdering them. I also might add this.

It is easier for someone to leave a crime infested neighborhood than to avoid a police officer who might have a bias against you.

That's clearly not true. The vast, vast majority of people don't encounter cops at all, or do so rarely in uneventful encounters. OTOH, the vast majority who live in crime infested neighborhoods would move if they could. Whether it's no $$$ to leave, or having family there, whatever, how many normal people of any race or ethnicity would choose to stay if they could leave.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:50 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Probably, yes, people's lives would be about the same.

Black immigrants from Africa and the Carribean have a tiny fraction of the crime rate of native-born black citizens, and have much better educational and economic outcomes.

That points to the strong probability that, while there is certainly racism, there are also cultural reasons why certain groups have problems advancing in society.

I have been chopping at the bit to answer this mystery that so many anti African American posters
just love to use. I know many Black Men and Women from over sea's and all of them are the UPPER
CLASS people from theirs countries.

I have lived in the apartments of aspiring Airline Pilots being trained at Spartan School of Aureonuautics
in Tulsa Oklahoma all from Nigeria Africa ( all from rich UPPER CLASS parents )...

I know people from the Island Countries which are now proud Black Nations , and the poor struggling
people just aren't the ones coming over here to the United State. And as a matter of fact you can
also take this SOUTH OF THE BORDER the Latinos coming into the United States are the MOST DRIVEN
people down in SOUTH America.

The Black that are native born here in America causing all of the problem are mainly The Under Class
that America Won't Give JOBS to...........

Old 08-16-2015, 05:53 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
I get along better with West Indian and African blacks why more than most AA. I feel I have more in common with them than AA, they tend to be more down to earth and more relaxed and chill.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
That's clearly not true. The vast, vast majority of people don't encounter cops at all, or do so rarely in uneventful encounters. OTOH, the vast majority who live in crime infested neighborhoods would move if they could. Whether it's no $$$ to leave, or having family there, whatever, how many normal people of any race or ethnicity would choose to stay if they could leave.
If one has the resources to leave a bad neighborhood, one can leave. However, one can run into an officer who is biased anywhere, in a bad neighborhood or a good one. No amount of money will keep one from that. I was speaking in relative terms.

Anyway, what about the rest of my post?

Old 08-16-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I get along better with West Indian and African blacks why more than most AA. I feel I have more in common with them than AA, they tend to be more down to earth and more relaxed and chill.
Well, there is nothing I can do about that. All I can do is be me.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I have been chopping at the bit to answer this mystery that so many anti African American posters
just love to use. I know many Black Men and Women from over sea's and all of them are the UPPER
CLASS people from theirs countries.

I have lived in the apartments of aspiring Airline Pilots being trained at Spartan School of Aureonuautics
in Tulsa Oklahoma all from Nigeria Africa ( all from rich UPPER CLASS parents )...

I know people from the Island Countries which are now proud Black Nations , and the poor struggling
people just aren't the ones coming over here to the United State. And as a matter of fact you can
also take this SOUTH OF THE BORDER the Latinos coming into the United States are the MOST DRIVEN
people down in SOUTH America.

The Black that are native born here in America causing all of the problem are mainly The Under Class
that America Won't Give JOBS to...........
One thing about discussing crime and Blacks is this. Few people will point out that the Blacks causing the most trouble is indeed the underclass. It is looked at in general terms, rather than terms of the underclass causing so much trouble.

And with the African immigrants who come here, I notice many have a more middle class upbringing. That is one part of it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events