Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:35 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
SeaWorld consumes too much water, anyway.
So if they dump it back in the ocean we can feel better?

Sarcasm mode on here ..... saw a documentary last night about whales in the wild (where so many seem to think the Orcas should be.) After seeing what they did to a baby humpback whale, I say a case could be made to keep as many as possible locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 09:39 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Very sad, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Revenue is steady and attendance didnt take much of a hit, which means expenses went up. They probably had to spend a lot on counter-propaganda. I watched blackfin and it was just a bunch of disgruntled former employees complaining about their former employer. They even tried to blame whale attacks in different parks on Seaworld. Anyone who works with wild or even domesticated animals is taking a risk. I hope Seaworld is back on its feet soon. It is bad enough that PETA already ruined the best shows.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:37 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
I hope they go out of business permanently. NO sea mammals should be in captivity, period. No large sea creatures should be in captivity, period. They have taken these animals out of the ocean and put them in the equivalent of a bathtub, taken their varied diet and reduced them to performing for thawed fish. How many of you would be happy and mentally healthy if you had to live the rest of your life in a closet eating frozen peas?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:49 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
I think people are being hypocritical. Zoos do the same thing but because it's a big cute orca, we take exception. You can't selectively vilify Seaworld and then endorse zoos as if they are okay. Do you think keeping apes behind glass is normal or lions and large cats in limited space is benign? What about aquariums that keep sharks in tiny encased glass spaces. This is politically correct nonsense. I love Seaworld and will continue to attend it. I saw Blackfish. The documentary was really more of a horror film/Jaws-like tale of a disturbed killer whale who kept killing and was ignored as it was about killer whales being abused at Sea World.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Public aquariums over the world also keep fish in captivity. Do the hypocritical idiots ever cry for them?

Me I think all animals should be left alone in their natural habitats. They should not be caged and imprisoned in zoo, aquariums, etc.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:54 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think people are being hypocritical. Zoos do the same thing but because it's a big cute orca, we take exception. You can't selectively vilify Seaworld and then endorse zoos as if they are okay. Do you think keeping apes behind glass is normal or lions and large cats in limited space is benign? What about aquariums that keep sharks in tiny encased glass spaces. This is politically correct nonsense. I love Seaworld and will continue to attend it. I saw Blackfish. The documentary was really more of a horror film/Jaws-like tale of a disturbed killer whale who kept killing and was ignored as it was about killer whales being abused at Sea World.
No, keeping intelligent primates behind glass is not a good thing either, nor sharks, nor big cats, etc. But this thread is about Seaworld so let's keep it on topic.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:56 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I hope they go out of business permanently. NO sea mammals should be in captivity, period. No large sea creatures should be in captivity, period. They have taken these animals out of the ocean and put them in the equivalent of a bathtub, taken their varied diet and reduced them to performing for thawed fish. How many of you would be happy and mentally healthy if you had to live the rest of your life in a closet eating frozen peas?

They haven't taken an Orca from the wild in over 35 years.
Do we still collect whales? No we do not.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:13 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
There are quite a few animals or sea creatures that if they were not in a place like a zoo or aquarium type place woudl eb extinct... Think Pierre David's deer for one....

And all you bleeding heart animal lovers or savers are too stupid to know what happens when the animal can't take care of itself or can't be taken in by others.. PETA euthanize s all those animals they "rescue" if they cannot find anywhere else for them..

AND NOT everything you see or hear or read is the truth.. There is Perception management (PM) which means that things are fake and made to disrupt or intercede or move in another direction, peoples thoughts and actions... PM is an international concern and their are govts, companies and individuals that use this to alter or change peoples perspectives of situations....

Blackfish is one of those PM things... BUT the people that this is written to make aware are the very ones who will not read it or pass it by because they think they know everything...

Old 08-08-2015, 01:15 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Could not tell it from the crowds at Sea World San Antonio! We live near there and the lines of cars on the expressway access road into Sea World is L-O-N-G all summer long. Our daughter took her kids this past weekend and said it was VERY crowded.

PS...the kiddos LOVED being able to see and interact with the animals and really were excited to learn about them. I think it does a lot to spark interest in children to be able to see and learn, no different than the zoo where they become interested in wildlife and the areas of the world they come from.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:18 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Just curious---did you watch Blackfish?
I saw it and I feel bad for the orcas, but I still want to visit SeaWorld one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events