Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 03:05 AM

898 posts, read 1,218,520 times

Advertisements

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2337442

no, you actually weren't, mr. ceo. your business did what business owners around the world does to any rowdy crowd. you don't stand up for proper etiquette, you are going to get more of this ghetto nonsense in a sophisticated environment. this isn't a local projects building stoop down at pitkin avenue in east new york.

it's always someone else's fault. it takes two hands to clap. do you ever ask yourself what you have done to ask for being kicked off a train? or what you could have done differently? this behavior would NOT fly outside of America where there is no politically correct crowd. i visit asia often and they would be embarassed in public for exactly how they behaved. in america, you get an apology for behaving like a child. unbelievable.

what does this apology teach these women and society? that you can do what you like and the other party will always be wrong? obviously that's what they have learned. it's bad enough that blacks want handouts and everything politically correct but at some point you have to stop and question your own behavior as an adult. it's not about affirmative action or rights anymore. it's really about being a mature adult.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:19 AM

231 posts, read 213,245 times
I'll bet my next paycheck that ridership in the Napa Wine Train drops because of this and now more groups of people will get obnoxious on trains and elsewhere to see if they can get kicked out and possibly have a lawsuit.

These women have received their 15 Minutes of fame - FOR BEING OBNOXIOUS!!
They should be embarrassed - instead they are proud.
And I bet they haven't shut up about it yet.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:33 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
WHAT?

You mean they're stilling wining about it?

Old 08-26-2015, 05:29 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
So they let themselves be bullied. If Trump has taught us anything it's that the apology can make you look worse than the alleged transgression itself did, and people will respect you if you show a spine. The apologies never help anyway, they just show people that you cave to pressure easily and they end up making you look bad to people sympathetic to both sides of the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose as many customers over the apology as they fear they would have over the initial incident.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:07 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times
This is the world we live in now. The CEO should not have apologized. It doesn't matter one bit what the color is, if there was a group of people being more than just loud and disrupting other people on the tour they should be warned once , if they act up again then out they go.

Now I'm sure this next comment is going to come across as racist as can be, and I really don't care it isn't my intention, but an observation. I live in the Metro Detroit area, so one can say there are many areas that are diverse. One thing that seems to be consistent is when groups of black people (is it okay to use that term now) get together they are loud, laughing , talking , carrying on , etc. and they don't give a damn about where they are. And when people, regardless of color can see they can get away with it they will continue to do it more and more.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:37 AM

203 posts, read 172,628 times
"cultural diversity and sensitivity training for employees"

Why?

Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times
"it's bad enough that blacks want handouts and everything politically correct" Here we go again...

The thread on this incident yesterday was closed for a reason, you didn't need to make another one.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:59 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2337442

no, you actually weren't, mr. ceo. your business did what business owners around the world does to any rowdy crowd. you don't stand up for proper etiquette, you are going to get more of this ghetto nonsense in a sophisticated environment. this isn't a local projects building stoop down at pitkin avenue in east new york.

it's always someone else's fault. it takes two hands to clap. do you ever ask yourself what you have done to ask for being kicked off a train? or what you could have done differently? this behavior would NOT fly outside of America where there is no politically correct crowd. i visit asia often and they would be embarassed in public for exactly how they behaved. in america, you get an apology for behaving like a child. unbelievable.

what does this apology teach these women and society? that you can do what you like and the other party will always be wrong? obviously that's what they have learned. it's bad enough that blacks want handouts and everything politically correct but at some point you have to stop and question your own behavior as an adult. it's not about affirmative action or rights anymore. it's really about being a mature adult.
Congratulations, at this point you have successfully out-whined the original complainants.

I saw the ladies' spokesperson speaking about this, there's nothing "ghetto" or "projects" about her whatsoever. I don't know if whomever made the decision to remove the group was racially biased or not. But ironically, all these posts like yours do is prove that racism is alive and well and lends a good deal of validity to their argument.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:07 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
How about this fact: The women were treated incorrectly, they were not making any more noise than anyone else on the train, they rightfully felt singled out by being marched off a train into the company of a security force, and had these women been white instead of black, train management would not have taken action in any way similar to what they did with this group? Is the above scenario possible?

Yes, people can overreact, yes, people can harbor prejudices in largely white 'wine country', and yes, social commentary can make those who were wrong realize the extent of their mistakes and issue apologies for them. Sounds like all of the above have taken place.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:22 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTex View Post
I'll bet my next paycheck that ridership in the Napa Wine Train drops because of this and now more groups of people will get obnoxious on trains and elsewhere to see if they can get kicked out and possibly have a lawsuit.

These women have received their 15 Minutes of fame - FOR BEING OBNOXIOUS!!
They should be embarrassed - instead they are proud.
And I bet they haven't shut up about it yet.
Or accept they were wrong and move on. They probably admitted they were wrong because they've had similar incidents happen in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events