Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 11:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,383,523 times

Advertisements

Someone td me that Donald Trump apologized to Megan Kelly. I never saw that on the news. Anybody hear about this. I can't believe this can be true. Narcissists NEVER apologize
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 11:32 PM

44,645 posts, read 61,677,004 times
Donald Trump refuses to apologize to Megyn Kelly | New York Post

No change.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:09 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Narcissists NEVER apologize
Indeed. Hillary continues to refuse to apologize for conducting USA State Department business on a private email server.

This of course is much more serious than a silly dust up with a TV teleprompter money.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:32 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
He has nothing to apologize for, anyway.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:32 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,829,319 times
Narcissists do not apologize. They simply cannot comprehend the notion that anything they ever do is wrong, and so to them there never logically a need to apologize.

Here's an interview with Donald Trump:

Quote:
Q: You're getting a ton of criticism. Does any of it actually ring true?

A: People say, "He won't apologize for anything" — well, I was right on illegal immigration. [John] McCain blew it because he's done a poor job of taking care of the veterans. And then the third element so far, you had Megyn Kelly, and I think you've seen what happened with that. I feel quite confident in my position. At the same time, I believe in apologizing. But to apologize for me is very difficult. I definitely would apologize if I were wrong on something.

Q: What was the last thing you apologized for?

A: It was too many years ago to remember. I have one of the great memories of all time, but it was too long ago.
Donald Trump on Murdoch, Ailes, NBC and the Rush of Being TV's "Ratings Machine" - Hollywood Reporter

On a side note, this profoundly disturbing character trait is revered by those sorts of people who are prone to fall for cults of personality. This partly explains Trump's popularity with people who are not seeking a President but rather an idol.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:18 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,753 times
The Donald is a fighter. Not to make excuses for his comments but Megyn attacked him personally on his comments in a debate about issues and I mean way bigger issues.

Trump should not be calling anyone a pig or make fun of someone's appearance end of story. That's just disrespectful. You can't be calling people names like a 3 year old just because they **** you off. He didn't;t handle this like an adult.

Megyn asked everyone else questions about the issues facing this country but with Trump decides to pull a nasty move and ask him about an item not related to anything.

the first debate was Fox's way of trying to get Trump out of the presidential run to favor their boy Jeb but they failed.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:28 AM

2,022 posts, read 3,200,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
The Donald is a fighter. Not to make excuses for his comments but Megyn attacked him personally on his comments in a debate about issues and I mean way bigger issues.

Trump should not be calling anyone a pig or make fun of someone's appearance end of story. That's just disrespectful. You can't be calling people names like a 3 year old just because they **** you off. He didn't;t handle this like an adult.

Megyn asked everyone else questions about the issues facing this country but with Trump decides to pull a nasty move and ask him about an item not related to anything.

the first debate was Fox's way of trying to get Trump out of the presidential run to favor their boy Jeb but they failed.
So true ... and now we move on to Carly Fiornia's face ... what a pathetic jerk Trump is

Donald Trump: I was talking Carly Fiorina's leadership - CNNPolitics.com

Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,416,143 times
Hi OP,

Nice try dude, I'd rather have a lion as a leader then well,....

Trumpians ! on the ground floor running and there's nothing you can do to stop it, try as you may, but the people have had enough of discourse and divide, of lies, IRS scandals, congress being useless, of not having a voice only a party, the days of walking with our head is the sand are over, the country is sick and tired of apologizing for being Americans, the Arab spring set the world on fire and now look, who got fired at the IRS? Americans being left to die in the middle of a fire fight and gave twelve hours notice? yet no ownership or no apology? guns on the border and our AG says he has nothing to apologize about to Officer Terry's parents? yet we have to apologize to the world for being American, the red line in the sand over in Syria? yet nothing done, Christians being killed and beheaded again nothing done, I can go on and on, The Donald 2016 can't be any worse then the sheep we have now, just the way that we feel, it's funny, I hoped and prayed that the President would have been great and succeed only to be greatly disappointed.

I will always respect our President for getting OBL without showing the packies our hand, for that I will always be grateful, time for a cool change and that times is now. The word is traveling fast from the VFW to Fire House, this all everyone is talking about on the ground floor, and I mean everyone, look how many people are posting on Facebook, look how hard people are trying to put a lid on things, why? because the Donald has them shaking in their boots. both parties, and why is that? for the first we have a voice.

There it is...

Thank you
IMHO..

Last edited by Knightly Knight; 09-10-2015 at 12:12 PM..

Old 09-10-2015, 12:23 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,405,464 times
I'm a pretty firm believer in the concept that you should never apologize for something you said if it was what you meant to say. If you later discover that the thing you said was incorrect, then you say "I was wrong", but you still don't apologize for saying it because it was still how you felt at the time you said it.

Apologies are 99% of the time, completely fake. The only way to spot a real apology is when it comes with no motivation other than the apology itself, which is something you'll never see in politics.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that whether or not a politician says "I'm sorry", they're not sorry. No need to lie to the people by apologizing, just say "I said it" and move on. Toss in "well, it turns out that I was wrong" if you're feeling truthful, but don't placate the masses with an empty apology.

I respect Trump's refusal to apologize, because it means he's not lying to us. He knows he's a douche and he owns it. That's why I like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events