Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
EXACTLY.

I will state with a fairly high level of certainty that the vast majority, if not all of, the "ER visits" are unwarranted.

Yes they are. Some chill music, and relaxing goes a long way in minimizing those effects of paranoia which are generally short lived.

Secondly, I can smoke all weekend long and then have a traffic accident Tuesday afternoon and test positive. It is in no way indicative that I was driving under the influence. That is very sketchy data.

It is indeed ridiculous. If we're being logical here, then we know that the intoxicating effects of cannabis last 1-3 hours, maybe longer depending on the strain or how much ingested. So, if I smoke weed on Saturday for example, and get tested on Tuesday, there is NO FREAKIN' WAY that I am under the influence, or impaired! It's just more BS hyperbole! Having the THC molecule in your system which not as soluable as other substances is NOT indicative of intoxication, or being impaired!

You might scare some uninformed people who don't know any better, but most people know that the gov't has a pretty long track record of lying to the people when it comes to marijuana.

Gee! Ya think! When your pockets are being lined by special interests to keep it illegal, go figure! Thankfully, more and more people are waking up to the lies surrounding cannabis, and the failures of prohibition!

Here's a great blast from the past:

What a silly movie! My wife and I (she doesn't smoke BTW) laughed our a**es off at the cheesiness of the propaganda this movie spews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 08:25 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well then, following this argument we should allow heroin,cocaine,meth etc,etc,etc right?
Here's the thing, why add more issues when we've already got plenty going on with Alcohol and prescription drug abuse?
Sure. Making them illegal sure doesn't seem to be working so well. I dont care what a private person does in their private home. What business is it of mine?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Sure. Making them illegal sure doesn't seem to be working so well. I dont care what a private person does in their private home. What business is it of mine?
So, if an adult was giving their young kids pot in their own home that's ok?
I get what you're saying but the problem is if/when things go bad in their "private home" it becomes a public issue real quick and the public generally carries the costs/burden of fixing it. That means you as well as you're part of the "public" right?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:41 AM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Just saw today that they got more tax $ from weed than alcohol.

This article does highlight the fact that alcohol is much more dangerous than marijuana. All the problems mentioned are much worse with alcohol.

Just as usual the opponents of MJ legalization really have to grasp at straws and still look like idiots. Just look at the first sentence of that article and how it conveys the obvious bias of the writer.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Where's the link to this article? Did the OP neglect to share it because it's a pile of dog-sh*t website?
probably came from a blog put together at some doughnut shop

Old 09-16-2015, 09:12 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
I'd like to see the statistics that show that cops kill more people than MJ does.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:29 AM

590 posts, read 714,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Where's the link to this article? Did the OP neglect to share it because it's a pile of dog-sh*t website?
I laughed so hard reading your post! "pile of dog-sh*t website?" LMFAO!!!!

Old 09-16-2015, 09:33 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, if an adult was giving their young kids pot in their own home that's ok?
I get what you're saying but the problem is if/when things go bad in their "private home" it becomes a public issue real quick and the public generally carries the costs/burden of fixing it. That means you as well as you're part of the "public" right?
Individual is no longer an individual when another individual is involved. So not necessarily is the answer, I would tho view it as less harmful that a parent giving their teenager a beer with dinner perfectly legal in many states.

Is making drugs illegal doing anything to prevent the problem from going public?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:43 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
It is utterly ridiculous to allow tobacco and alcohol but ban marijuana.

Regulate for quality and apply a user tax, and move on.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
As with polls, one can always find at least one "report" that provides the results desired.

The OP and others are entitled to their opinions but the fact of the matter is that legalization is here to stay in CO.
Tax revenues are so high that the state declared today effectively a tax-free day for marijuana sales.

And...
New Schools, Less Crime: Colorado Sees Benefits Of Marijuana Legalization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events