Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,377,233 times

Advertisements

as a taxpayer, I do not want to drop $400,000 + on this prick to house and feed him for 11 years. Plus probably parole.

Does the lock 'em all up and throw away the key crowd ever think about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 09:19 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,178,495 times
This guy is a P.O.S. Punching a 78-year old for something trivial like this is as bad as punching a little kid - sickening.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:21 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
He faces 11 years in prison if convicted of the assault. (There were witnesses.) Maybe an 11 year sentence would stop others in the future from assaulting people over such trivial things---think so?
I think the ticket here is restitution, and perhaps two weekends in jail, coupled with some sort of public shaming.

But people must learn civility and adult behavior. At my tennis club the other day, a woman pulled into a parking space that a man was signalling for. The two came into the clubhouse and the man was, in a loud voice, calling the woman a "fat, ugly b****."

Old 09-22-2015, 09:26 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,638,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
OMG, its like a feeding frenzy. People bring their whole family and hover over each sample station like vultures. Ive had people slam their carts in front of me, blocking my path when they thought I was trying to get in fron of them for samples when all I was trying to do was get through to the next aisle.
I had someone do that exact same thing to me once at Costco, except she didn't use her cart. She just stepped sideways into the aisle in front of my cart to block me.

I just kept going, and plowed right into her fat ass. Didn't even slow down. She didn't seem to be expecting that at all!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,508,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I can't imagine anyone getting punched over Nutella.
I love Nutella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:59 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,008,833 times
Poor guy. That is so sad. My heart breaks a little more to hear stories like this where older people are the victims.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:19 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
As further proof that people have no filters to their behavior, consider the 24 year old in Burbank, California who punched a 78 year old man Sunday morning at Costco because the older man complained that the younger was helping himself to multiple samples and not leaving any for him:

Costco shopper, 78, punched in fight over free Nutella waffle sample, police say - LA Times

He faces 11 years in prison if convicted of the assault. (There were witnesses.) Maybe an 11 year sentence would stop others in the future from assaulting people over such trivial things---think so?
I think he deserves to go to prison, but it won't deter anyone else from committing a crime- that's not how it works. People who do things like he did are sociopaths and part of that includes extreme narcissism. They have no empathy, imagine themselves to be the victim and usually are completely shocked when they get prosecuted for their crimes.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Would be a slice of Pumpkin pie for me.
I could see knocking someone out for some bread pudding - if it had rum sauce poured over it.

And no raisins.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,672,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Another case of someone who apparently thinks that his wants takes precedence over anyone else's.

Absolutely disgusting and outrageous.

(However, I do think that 11 years imprisonment is too long for the offense, which resulted in "just" a cut above the eye. I think that 11 weeks would be sufficient to get the point across that what he did was wrong and will not be tolerated.)
Not this guy. With as many arrests as he's had, it's obvoius that he just doesn't get the point.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:45 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,672,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think the ticket here is restitution, and perhaps two weekends in jail, coupled with some sort of public shaming.

But people must learn civility and adult behavior. At my tennis club the other day, a woman pulled into a parking space that a man was signalling for. The two came into the clubhouse and the man was, in a loud voice, calling the woman a "fat, ugly b****."
Well, sounds like they were both classless . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events