Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:20 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,421,271 times

Advertisements

My daughter is a student at NAU - leaving work in a minute to take her to lunch and for the opportunity to give her a BIG HUG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 12:20 PM

32,020 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Parking lot fight.
Not the same as other school shootings.
Similar to bar fight except a gun is added.
Not planned shootings of innocents.
When people fight, situation is escalated and someone gets hurt.
No need to put in the same category as school/university shootings.
Motive, you hit me, I hit you.
You are stronger than me so I use weapon...
Happens everywhere.
This is exactly what the Second amendment was designed for.

In this country if you get into a fight and you happen to have superior firepower, there is no rule that says you have to stand there like a sitting duck.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:25 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
The Gun Nut culture shows no signs of change ..
The gun control nuts have changed, they are getting nuttier all the time.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:31 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Again …

Heartfelt thanks, NRA ...
The NRA doesn't produce weapons nor sell them. Try Ruger and Walmart.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just asking for "common sense" regulation is a big fat lie.

Chicago gun ban of decades? Other cities as well.
Literally thousands of attempts to put prohibitive taxes and licensing fees on guns\ammo to act like the old jim crow poll taxes.
Seattle being the latest to do this unconstitutionally.

Frankly, I really wish we could put a little more regulation\checks in place but to portray your side of the argument as being fair and the others as being unreasonable is a complete crock of poop.

The anti-gun folks have consistently and repeatedly looked for ways to circumvent the constitution, the pro-gun folks have every right to distrust that a "common sense law" is just more of the same.

I wish that weren't the case but let's be honest about it.
Seriously. Like banning a weapon on the way it looks, not the way it functions.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Referring to either side as nuts or fetishists does nothing to bring forth a true two-sided discussion about anything. While the anti-gun crowd says the "gun nuts" have yet to change, I have to point out that the anti-gun crowd seems to be advancing towards less civility and honesty.

Seeing as how the "gun fetishist" title was dragged out shortly after my first post in this thread, I have to take exception to it. Look through my posts on the 2nd Amendment. You'll hardly see me as a fetishist or nut of any type. I'd bet you'll see the majority of those who post in support of the 2nd Amendment to be pretty reasonable people.

Furthermore, many of the supporters have simply stopped posting on such topics because they are immediately insulted for no real good reason.

The anti-gun crowd says "let's have a conversation." That really means shut up and listen to me because my opinion is the important one. I'm sure someone will be along to correct (and insult) me very shortly.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4kids View Post
My daughter is a student at NAU - leaving work in a minute to take her to lunch and for the opportunity to give her a BIG HUG.
Too bad it takes an event for that to happen.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Too bad it takes an event for that to happen.
Ouch. Jeez.

Mick

Old 10-09-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Referring to either side as nuts or fetishists does nothing to bring forth a true two-sided discussion about anything. While the anti-gun crowd says the "gun nuts" have yet to change, I have to point out that the anti-gun crowd seems to be advancing towards less civility and honesty.

Seeing as how the "gun fetishist" title was dragged out shortly after my first post in this thread, I have to take exception to it. Look through my posts on the 2nd Amendment. You'll hardly see me as a fetishist or nut of any type. I'd bet you'll see the majority of those who post in support of the 2nd Amendment to be pretty reasonable people.

Furthermore, many of the supporters have simply stopped posting on such topics because they are immediately insulted for no real good reason.

The anti-gun crowd says "let's have a conversation." That really means shut up and listen to me because my opinion is the important one. I'm sure someone will be along to correct (and insult) me very shortly.
Start with the gun control people, they coined the term gun nuts. There is no equal here, the gun control people started name calling since their inception.

They are first in line to pass laws that people can kill themselves, the unborn and sell the about to be born but they have problems with guns?

If guns were used for abortions there would be no gun laws.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Ouch. Jeez.

Mick
Well, why bring that up here? They want to tell complete strangers they are taking off work or something to hug their daughter?

Why inject that here when there is no evidence she was involved or even within proximity. It wasn't someone who went to go shoot students there.

Follow this. Someone shoots someone. Parent wants to go to hug their child. Fine, bravo, good job at parenting.

Then run to the computer to post it on CD? REALLY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events