Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 02:54 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Maybe you need to find a better class of dopers...

I didn't mind the dopers when I was younger, as I did not see the damage they would eventually bring upon themselves. Frankly I liked hanging with the girls who smoked pot and did 714's because they were much easier to bed. However I insisted that none of them had any dope on them when we were traveling together for obvious reasons.
The point is that most everyone who was a doper vs. the ones who were not, didn't turn out well in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
That is odd, most of the pot smokers I know are successful creative people, I suspect you are hanging out with the wrong crowd
I went to private schools and many of the kids who were into dope were very smart with bright futures. Yet either by gradution or within a decade, most were lucky to be getting by, rather than having achieved anywhere near their full potential.
Sure I can think of a rare exception, but by and large pot led to harder drugs for most of them, and their lives were ruined (directly or indirectly) as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
"dopers" huh

stereotype much?

you must be friends with notmeofficer....

BTW - your ignorant is showing
"your ignorant is showing"

Is this something like McDonalds slogan "i'm lovin it" ?

I've seen that poster on the boards, and much of what he has to say as it relates to LE and dope I agree with.
Dope is aptly named as you have to be a dope to even start doing any type of drug, including pot. It along with the harder stuff will also turn otherwise normal people into dopes.

Sure the glamorized liberal Hollywood version of life shows old college buddies who are successful looking for a chance to light up with their fellow classmates. In reality no one that I know who is successful by my definition is a doper. The few that are happy, but apathetic toward life have certainly lost something along the way. This does not make them bad people (other than contributing to drug war violence), but not fulfilling your full potential is certainly a waste.
I also find that they would rather stay at home and watch the idiot box than get out and participate in things like church, charities, etc.

For the most part I have chosen to cut them loose from my life because we have little in common. That is also true of booze hounds who have also screwed up their lives. I am dealing with one now who keeps falling off the wagon, and I am about at my wits end.
BTW - He is one of Obama's so called "Dreamers" who gets to stay in the country even though he has been arrested several times for DUI and the like.
He has no marketable skills, thus unemployed, and does virtually nothing to contribute to society. The other day I called him up to donate blood at a drive, but "he was too busy". When I pressed him, he said he "didn't like needles and why should he donate blood anyway".

Great addition to the country Obama.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:03 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I didn't mind the dopers when I was younger, as I did not see the damage they would eventually bring upon themselves. Frankly I liked hanging with the girls who smoked pot and did 714's because they were much easier to bed.
WOW... just WOW.
Anyone taking sexual advantage of someone under the influence of a substance or is in any way impaired is in no position to pass moral judgements on anything.
You sir should probably be in jail.
Excuse me while I go take a shower having just corresponded with you.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:38 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The kid appears to just be talking about what he saw as opposed to releasing documents or copying files.

I don't know for sure but I suspect that keeps him from violating several laws and he did it on purpose for that very reason.

Anyone know for sure?
Actually, he released the names, addresses and phone numbers for about 20 of the Director's list of contacts. The one similarity among them was they were all on Obama's campaign team to get him elected in 2008. Which is also where the Director worked - at the time.

He also got Jeh Johnson's account. He's the Secretary of DHS.

The hacker has been giving interviews to the NYC media, (Times et al, I think I heard) and they have been reporting what he's been saying. The media are the ones who contacted the..., er, contacts, and figured out what the common thread was.

AOL? Really? How many times has that place been hacked? And these guys still had accounts there?

Sheesh!

Old 10-20-2015, 07:33 PM

346 posts, read 464,007 times
If smoking pot makes one intelligent, creative, and resourceful enough to be able to hack into a heavily encrypted/protected resource, why are we complaining?

It beats watching Dr. Phil or Oprah, no?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:01 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Lol. There's no proof this guy is a high school burnout who eats cheetos all day with mediocre hacking skills. I think, hes giving everybody the runaround.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Is this the Hacker?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:43 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Is this the Hacker?
Thats him! Spicoli 0101010101

Old 10-20-2015, 10:29 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It's barely mentioned, but he has help from two others.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...ed-13-year-old

Perhaps, this was intentional on their part to disclose who did it in order to raise the alarm level.
He's now backing off his claims. Some of the contact information didn't pan out.

CIA Director John Brennan's alleged hacker distances himself from claims

It looks and smells like a partial hoax. He's trying too hard to make believe he's a kid out for laughs and a political cause. No info on Palestine and Gaza as I would've expected.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:28 AM

307 posts, read 245,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

"your ignorant is showing"

Is this something like McDonalds slogan "i'm lovin it" ?

`
LOL... I don't even know where to start...but anyway, thanks for proving my point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events