Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 02:02 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

He does have a point, but he's losing in the polls against Carson.

http://news.yahoo.com/world-better-p...150717855.html

Quote:
The world would be a better place if dictators such as Saddam Hussein and Moamer Kadhafi were still in power, top Republican US presidential hopeful Donald Trump said in comments aired Sunday.

The billionaire real estate tycoon also told CNN's "State of the Union" talk show that the Middle East "blew up" around US President Barack Obama and former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, his biggest Democratic rival in the race for the White House.

"100 percent," Trump said when asked if the world would be better off with Saddam and Kadhafi still at the helm in Iraq and Libya.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:25 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
He does have a point, but he's losing in the polls against Carson.

Trump says world a better place if Saddam, Kadhafi still ruled

That depends on what polls you look at. Half have him winning. The other half have Carson winning.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:33 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
I have long believed that. If Sadaam was still there Isis would never have been able to grow to the extent they have in that region.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:59 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Not a Trump fan but I agree with him on this. Muslim countries in the Middle East should be ruled by strongmen to keep the factions in line. Unfortunately, the US is unwisely determined to spread democracy and we are experiencing the consequences.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:00 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
It is easier to deal with the dictator you know then a wild card. Being in the Navy when the Soviet Union dissolved our intelligence gathering multiplied over 20 fold, instead of having to watch one set of idiots we know had to watch 20+ sets of idiots. Same thing with dictators, right or wrong they controlled their countries, once removed all these others step in and now you have multiple groups all vying for power.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:19 PM

23,642 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
That depends on what polls you look at. Half have him winning. The other half have Carson winning.
Last I heard Carson is only ahead in Iowa. If Carson doesn't watch his spending he'll probably end up having to drop out due to lack of funds. It appears that much, though not all, of his donations come from the same pool of donors and they probably aren't going to continue giving for as long it takes. Especially when they see Carson spending wildly, such as spending $9 million to bring in $12 million when he could change his strategy and spend less to achieve the same results, or maybe better. Plus he lives extravagantly while on the campaign trail, using up the funds for exclusive high end hotels and restaurants, for expensive jets to get around, etc. Spending a massive amount at one single event to hire musicians, a choir and a singer (overkill to the max), along with renting the hall, etc. He's like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of free money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I have long believed that. If Sadaam was still there Isis would never have been able to grow to the extent they have in that region.

Even though Saddam and Gadhafi were monsters I think the mid east is in worse shape then it would have been if they were still in power. I doubt ISIS would have even formed if Saddam was still in power, and even if they had they wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:32 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
I am in full agreement. Qadaffi may have been 2 beers short of a sixer but he did do great things for his country. The GMMR is an example not to mention universal healthcare and the highest standard of living on the African continent. Hell I saw a vid of a mother from some city who was visibly starving. Same thing in Syria. Saddam kept the lid on the freaks in his neighborhood too and Iraq did make progress under his rule.

US world policy reminds me of a rabid dog that was stupid to begin with. There's too many people like McInsane and Carson who need to get in touch with reality. Carson wants to make a no fly zone in Syria. Did his mother have any kids that lived? Apparently the Turks got a taste of Russian E war a few days ago and saw the light, utterly outclassed in all aspects.

We have been screwing up everything we have touched the last 30 years. Our inept use of power has cost the lives of millions either directly or indirectly. Pointless sanctions, proxy wars, coups and meddling.

The fools in our government know they will not be held accountable for their dumbassery so I'm just sitting back waiting to see what inept move they'll come up with next.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:38 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
Yeah, what's a little state sponsored terrorism if you can keep the population down under the thumb. I mean so what that Sads sons raped little girls on a regular basis? Or beat the feet of olympic runners who didn't win until they could not walk again.

And Iran is so great, hanging gays, beating women. Hey lets give them nukes!

Old 10-25-2015, 04:01 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I am in full agreement. Qadaffi may have been 2 beers short of a sixer but he did do great things for his country. The GMMR is an example not to mention universal healthcare and the highest standard of living on the African continent. Hell I saw a vid of a mother from some city who was visibly starving. Same thing in Syria. Saddam kept the lid on the freaks in his neighborhood too and Iraq did make progress under his rule.

US world policy reminds me of a rabid dog that was stupid to begin with. There's too many people like McInsane and Carson who need to get in touch with reality. Carson wants to make a no fly zone in Syria. Did his mother have any kids that lived? Apparently the Turks got a taste of Russian E war a few days ago and saw the light, utterly outclassed in all aspects.

We have been screwing up everything we have touched the last 30 years.
Our inept use of power has cost the lives of millions either directly or indirectly. Pointless sanctions, proxy wars, coups and meddling.

The fools in our government know they will not be held accountable for their dumbassery so I'm just sitting back waiting to see what inept move they'll come up with next.
Exactly! We were the ones who installed Sadaam in the first place. It's like a bunch of grown men playing Stratego on a global scale, and playing rather poorly at that.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Only two polls have Carson winning in Iowa. Trump destroys him everywhere else.

I do absolutely agree that Saddam should have never been attacked. He hated the islamic terrorists as much as we do, and he was much better equipped to keep them at bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events