Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 02:16 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times

Advertisements

Protesters flip off NYPD days after cop slay | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 02:23 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,628,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
When I see this it makes me so glad I retired. On one of the pages I belong to on facebook they had a black cop. He was so hurt by the way people cursed and screamed at him. The whole thing is sad!
I guess you're also glad you don't have to work with whiny cops who go on Facebook every time they feel they have been slighted.

Oh the mean blonde girl at Starbucks didn't let me use the restroom.

What's that about? Acting like a 15 year old girl whose mother said no to a Lady Ga Ga concert. So she goes on FB to tell the world what an evil mom she has.

You don't see something wrong with a cop crying on FB because someone said something mean?

Old 10-25-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I guess you're also glad you don't have to work with whiny cops who go on Facebook every time they feel they have been slighted.

What's that about? Acting like a 15 year old girl whose mother said no to a Lady Ga Ga concert. So she goes on FB to tell the world what an evil mom she has.

You don't see something wrong with a cop crying on FB because someone said something mean?
When you have a cop who loves the city of NY. A cop that would bleed for the citizens. A cop who is well intentioned. He is cursed and belittled. I guess maybe you can see how he would feel disheartened. Yeah I know you will then rip apart this cop for being a baby and all sorts of other garbage. Have your fun.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
When you have a cop who loves the city of NY. A cop that would bleed for the citizens. A cop who is well intentioned. He is cursed and belittled. I guess maybe you can see how he would feel disheartened. Yeah I know you will then rip apart this cop for being a baby and all sorts of other garbage. Have your fun.

How about he keeps it to himself or just tell immediate friends and coworkers, and not whine about like a teenage girl on Facebook?

Guess what? There are teachers who love teaching, who have to deal with angry parents and rebellious students.

Nurses, who love nursing, who have to deal with difficult patients.

Servers, who enjoy waiting tables, but sometimes get bad tips for great service.

Yes, I can understand how he would feel disheartened, but the trend nowadays is every time someone "wrongs us" we have to tell the whole world.

This is what we have today in the world because nobody ever loses, everyone gets a ribbon.

If he can't handle that not everyone is going to like cops, he is really in the wrong job.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
How about he keeps it to himself or just tell immediate friends and coworkers, and not whine about like a teenage girl on Facebook?

Guess what? There are teachers who love teaching, who have to deal with angry parents and rebellious students.

Nurses, who love nursing, who have to deal with difficult patients.

Servers, who enjoy waiting tables, but sometimes get bad tips for great service.

Yes, I can understand how he would feel disheartened, but the trend nowadays is every time someone "wrongs us" we have to tell the whole world.

This is what we have today in the world because nobody ever loses, everyone gets a ribbon.

If he can't handle that not everyone is going to like cops, he is really in the wrong job.
Thanks for your input.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your input.
Can't just admit I have a valid point?

Old 10-25-2015, 04:03 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:

Speaking of whining like a little girl. Didn't that happen months ago? Let it go.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:08 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
That will NEVER happen.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
They have a right to scream and curse at him. He has the right to say how he feels. Who are you to decide that he cant say something? Your statement is your opinion. You are entitled to it, He is entitled to his.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:36 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,072,821 times
Where were all the topless painted women while this was going on? What did they think of the mindless morons taking over their space? Or are they gone because of chilly temps at Times Sq. these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events