Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:15 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times

Advertisements

In seeking refugee status before Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board in Vancouver, Kyle Lydell Canty argued that belongs to a vulnerable minority that is “being exterminated at an alarming rate” in his homeland.

That part is true, but it is by other black men, not police.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:16 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I seriously doubt he will be granted asylum. It's possible, but I doubt it.

If so, then why can't the remaining whites in Detroit stream across the Bridge to Canada, claiming they're afraid of the blacks?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
This man will be returned to the US, to face the outstanding arrest warrants that exist for him.

Just to be clear, Canada and the USA have a long standing mutual agreement, that neither country will accept refugee claimants from the other country.

Jim B.

You sure kept all our draft dodgers though..............

Old 10-30-2015, 10:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 941,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
You keep insisting that Canada does "not accept US citizens as refugees period" but that's not what it says in the link below.

Please read what it says about US citizens applying for refugee status from within Canadian borders.

Whether this particular fellow qualifies is irrelevant to your assertion. If the link is wrong- please post a link that says otherwise.

Canadian Immigration FAQ - Answers to Canadian Refugee Status Questions
If you mean this:

As of December 2004, refugees entering Canada by land from the United States are no longer allowed to make their refugee claims at the Canadian Port of Entry. However, this does not apply to refugees who make their refugee claim from inside of Canada, regardless of how they arrived. It does not apply to people arriving at Canadian airports even if they first passed through the U.S. Even in claims made at the U.S. - Canada border, exceptions apply for children under 18, and for refugees who have extended family members in Canada including parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, uncles and aunts.

---------------
Entering by land from the US is not the same as being a US Citizen.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Ahhhh, there you are. The regular troll who likes to pretend to be Canadian and stir the pot.

Huh? I'm not Canadian, and never presented myself as such......I'm from Detroit, which is right across the Detroit River from Windsor, Canada. That's why I said "...streaming across the Bridge" There's a tunnel, too, if that's your preference....

Old 10-30-2015, 11:45 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
We who?? Are you the ultimate authority who says who can live in Canada? I wouldn't live in Canada if you paid me. And speak for yourself.
Yeah there is a reason why we have 10 times the population of Canada and despite this, 2.5 times more Canadians emigrate to the USA than vice versa. They can talk all they want, feet moving don't lie.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Huh? I'm not Canadian, and never presented myself as such......I'm from Detroit, which is right across the Detroit River from Windsor, Canada. That's why I said "...streaming across the Bridge" There's a tunnel, too, if that's your preference....

I was talking to another poster. I thought that was obvious what with the separate quotes and all.

Detroit? Windsor? Hmm....let me grab a map and get back to you. I'm not familiar with either of those places.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:14 AM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
"During his hearing, Canty also discussed his outstanding criminal charges in the U.S., including ones for disorderly conduct, issuing threats, and resisting arrest."

Well then. Canada I'm sure will welcome him with open arms...

OT: Visited Vancouver few weeks ago for the first time. Biked Stanley Park, ate Ukrainian food and also drove up and stayed in Whistler Creek a couple of nights. Drove up past Pemberton and went on a few amazing hikes in the area. Nice place Canada

Old 10-31-2015, 04:24 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Oh, littlemissracist, why didn't you put that in your OP?
Non-blacks, especially whites, will look for any reason to justify their anti-black racism.

As on the subject. Canada is not the answer, nor anywhere in the Anglosphere.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:17 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Non-blacks, especially whites, will look for any reason to justify their anti-black racism.

As on the subject. Canada is not the answer, nor anywhere in the Anglosphere.
Most of the time, all the justification we need is handed to us on a silver platter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events