Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 03:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

So many recalls due to E. coli.

There's poop in our food making us sick.
And when you have mass recalls it's not just one person we're talking about here.

And the source of the Chipotle outbreak still hasn't been found. More poop in the food.

Number of people in latest E. coli outbreak expected to grow
The number of people sickened in an E. coli outbreak linked to Costco chicken salad will likely grow over the next few weeks, even though the product has been removed from store shelves, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.
Six people got sick in Montana, five in Utah, four in Colorado, and one each in California, Missouri, Virginia and Washington state. The CDC said the illness reports began on Oct. 6 and involved people from age 5 to 84.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 01:06 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,851 times
Who eats store bought chicken salad, gross

Old 11-26-2015, 01:11 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,559,268 times
^ Both of you are right.
This is the exact reason we wash and rinse all our veggies, and buy meat in solid form.
We do not buy hamburger or sausage, we make our own from whole cuts. My wife makes our mayonnaise from scratch (super easy) etc...you guys get the picture.

Whenever one of these recalls/outbreaks occur, we feel so bad for the people who have been affected, but are happy we already know we will not be among the victims.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:45 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,061,361 times
The outbreaks at restaurants/deli's don't worry me that much, as I love to cook, and only eat out at restaurants when I travel, which is not often.

But when this cucumber scare came along last month, then there's worries. And since that scare, I have excluded cukes from my salads.

I've always maintained that if any food is cooked thoroughly, best overcooked, it reduces the worries.

When I was traveling around the world, I never got sick eating street food in Latin America, China, or even India, but I made sure whatever I ate was cooked thoroughly, and no salads while traveling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events