Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 09:45 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As a Non-White immigrant to US, I am aware of the existence of White Supremacists, but I am also aware that there are enough good White people to deal with the issue within their community.

I cannot say the same about the Muslim community.

having been living in the deep south the last fifty years, I have never witness a white supremacist events in the local area. yes they was talk about klan recruitment in the 60's but even then the neighborhood consider them crackpot and gave them no attention.

but now there all this talk about white supremacist, which i considered just made up talk to stir an hornets nest. I really dont think its out there. what i see, people just going to work trying to make a living. kinda like the carpet baggers of the civil war era, somebody from outside trying to stir up trouble, but then time instead of travel, they use the media. kinda like all these uprising are the same people going from town to town, the new jesse jackson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 11:22 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
As a Non-White immigrant to US, I am aware of the existence of White Supremacists, but I am also aware that there are enough good White people to deal with the issue within their community.

I cannot say the same about the Muslim community.
Whether there's enough or not is subjective. Voting rights is under attack, affirmative action has been under attack since day one, and there is indifference when black people are gunned down in the streets by law enforcement. I see what many people in the conservative movement are fighting against so I'll be taking in your opinion with a grain of salt...

Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Nobody said the opposite but they don’t have to be all criminals to be watched. Did everybody in East Africa come down with Ebola last year? Why then travel from that part of the world was receiving extra scrutiny? Did anybody complain?
Now you’re mixing up screening terrorist threats with outbreak prevention. Two very different things…

Old 11-28-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I don't know how accurate your statement about the Majority of American Muslims being Law Abiding citizens is. I do know one thing: The majority of my neighbors own weapons and if an incident should happen in my area that killed a few "Infidels" by MUSLIM Jihadists their Mosque would NOT be a safe place to hide. Some of us are White and a few are even Muslim but we are ALL Americans and Jihadist behavior will NOT be tolerated.
Your statement is subjective while mine is objective. According to crime statistics there isn't one religion where the majority of participants have been convicted of a crime. I thought this was common knowledge but I was wrong. Feel free to look up crime stats if you want...

Old 11-28-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
having been living in the deep south the last fifty years, I have never witness a white supremacist events in the local area. yes they was talk about klan recruitment in the 60's but even then the neighborhood consider them crackpot and gave them no attention.

but now there all this talk about white supremacist, which i considered just made up talk to stir an hornets nest. I really dont think its out there. what i see, people just going to work trying to make a living. kinda like the carpet baggers of the civil war era, somebody from outside trying to stir up trouble, but then time instead of travel, they use the media. kinda like all these uprising are the same people going from town to town, the new jesse jackson
Sympathizers and believers of radical ideology never see problems. Even when those problems are right in front of their face! Over the last 50 years there have been many documented cases of white supremacist events and gatherings. There have also been some this very year.. Facts are facts! Are there as many cases of “white supremacist events” in the deep south today as there were in the 60s? No! But they’re happening non-the-less…

Second point.. You can really gage the value of someone’s character by reading their opinions on the civil rights movement. You have the crowd of people that think progress was made and you have the crowd of people that think “carpet baggers” and “outside agitators” ruined their perfectly good way of life by focusing on problems that were blown out of proportion by the media. Yes, it’s sad that some people lack the aptitude, attitude and ability to progress in their thoughts and let prejudice go…

People that want Mosques monitored are opening up a can of worms... A can that my turn on them because of their radical views...

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 11-28-2015 at 12:43 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 09:37 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
voting rights are not under attack, in fact its made easier

Old 11-29-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
voting rights are not under attack, in fact its made easier
When you ask Republicans this is the response party line non-thinkers give. Voter suppression have been in the courts.. But if you don't follow the actual issues you won't know...

Old 11-29-2015, 07:01 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
More than a handful and enough to spread far right wing propaganda..

The Church's Role in Keeping White Supremacy Alive*|*Rev. Dr. Susan K. Smith
You have a very unusual definition of the word many:

man·y
menē/

a large number of.

the majority of people.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:19 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Everybody is up in arms over closure of “mosques”. What if, like in Iraq, they are used to stash weapons and plot crimes? Should they still remain open? BTW, this in today’s news.

Italy plans to close clandestine mosques: minister
This is where you actually see the assistance the "majority of peaceful Muslims" comes into play. When the "Minority of violent Muslims" use mosques to attack from or hide in and are attacked all of the peaceful ones come to the aid of the violent Muslims and declare that whoever is fighting the bad guys are attacking all Muslims. It does not seem unusual for Muslims to attack Mosques at all

This is when you see the truth. This is how they help.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:47 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Many mosques in the Western world preach hatred towards Infidels and Western civilization.
If they don't then they're not following the teachings of the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events