Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:28 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Nope! Home of the free. A terrorist would last about 2 min. tops in our mall. It just gets hard to know who the one is with the gun that is bad and who all the people with guns are that are good. lol We have so many.

When I'm grocery shopping I see at least 4 or 5 holsters. I know there are many more concealed. If a terrorist ran in it would be a war in an instant.
So why is joe calling out more and more? As you said the WON'T HAVE A CHANCE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 09:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Sure are. You know, the law abiding people who take a CCW class, fill out 4473's to buy guns, pay the fees and go through all the proper legal channels are the terrorists while the good guys is homie carrying a hi-point in his sweatpants.

It's just ridiculous how the anti-gun crowd likes to use names and call us gun nuts, etc. With accusations like that and talk of wild west-type shootouts, who are the real nuts?

The nuts are those who think that banning guns, and/or doing away with the 2nd Amendment will stop criminals from getting them. Kind of like the war on drugs. Prohibition sure is a smashing success, ain't it? As for Hi-Points... absolute crappy gun!

Old 12-01-2015, 09:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
most in-house are-- yes

I would equate wanna be gangstas in the hood to terrorists than someone with a CCW.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:09 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
I dont carry to save your behind. I carry to keep myself and my family safe, if we are not in immediate danger we are running. You will find this thought process is not unusual.
I think you're reasoning is correct.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Nope! Home of the free. A terrorist would last about 2 min. tops in our mall. It just gets hard to know who the one is with the gun that is bad and who all the people with guns are that are good. lol We have so many.

When I'm grocery shopping I see at least 4 or 5 holsters. I know there are many more concealed. If a terrorist ran in it would be a war in an instant.

Yes, a terrorist would last about 2 minutes. After he/she blows themselves up and those around them when they detonate the bomb/bombs strapped to their bodies in a crowded shopping mall or event.

That's what we will see next in this country.

Very naïve to think that won't happen, they're already here.

So it really won't matter how many holsters you see. There will be no shootout, when there is no shooter, just horrible carnage.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Just what we need. Granting more domestic terrorists a platform to display their talent. Smdh

People with a permit to carry a concealed weapon are not "domestic terrorists". Statistically they are involved in FEWER crimes than people who do not carry a weapon.

Your statement is nonsense.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:43 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

I'm sure they will go to the Barney Fife Deputy school for two days and be good to go.
No, the Posse members attend the regular academy and are fully trained. As for ccw holders, many at therir cost attend advanced training.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:46 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Let's give the general public free reign to shoot anyone if they see something they don't like. What could possibly go wrong.

What is this, a Clint Eastwood old western movie?
Yes, of course, this is Arizona, we wear cowboy pistols in the shower and have daily gunfights in malls everyday, don't you read the paper? The blood runs knee deep in the streets and there's no room in left in boot hill.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:46 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, a terrorist would last about 2 minutes. After he/she blows themselves up and those around them when they detonate the bomb/bombs strapped to their bodies in a crowded shopping mall or event.

That's what we will see next in this country.

Very naïve to think that won't happen, they're already here.

So it really won't matter how many holsters you see. There will be no shootout, when there is no shooter, just horrible carnage.
Bombs combined with rifles are far more effective than just bombs. We saw evidence of such in Paris.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Bombs combined with rifles are far more effective than just bombs. We saw evidence of such in Paris.

You're missing the point. The mindset that a "terrorist" is just going to show up and start shooting in a mall needs to be expanded. In fact if this is supposed to make people feel safe in AZ, it could in fact make them more of a target. These people are already here, just like they were in France. All it takes is one or two them strapped with bombs on their bodies, and they're you go. They don't care, they believe they're doing it for the cause and will be rewarded in the after life.

You honestly think they're going to draw attention to themselves with a rifle?

Fortunately we haven't seen like other countries have suicide bombers walk into a crowded place(like a shopping mall) and blow themselves up and kill others.

Unfortunately we will. It's only a matter of time.

The idea that the only method of violence and death is going to be a shooter is naïve at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events