Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 09:31 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times

Advertisements

This is a losing battle trying to convince people who think it's disgusting. They were taught at an early age that breasts are sexual and nothing else so they get all worked up and grossed out when they see them being used for anything but sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 09:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
She had someone across the table with a camera photographing her as she shot her death rays at an unknown person purportedly staring at her. Yet every person in the background of the picture is minding their own business and eating their food.

Faux outrage over what may very well have been a faux 'incident'.

Breastfeeding is legal everywhere, and actual reported incidents of mothers being asked to cover up or leave are few and far-between these days. There will always be the outlier who purses their lips or shakes their head. Some people are just aholes. But what exactly do these militant breastfeeding mothers want? 100% adoration from every member of the public in order to feel comfortable? Smiles and thumbs up? Pats on the back for doing what mothers have done since the beginning of time?

Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
It hasn't shut down any shamers; if anything, it stirs them up even more. She's just another idiot looking for attention.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:04 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
Usual case of a woman expecting society to give her a pass, when a man can't even wear a proper swimmer's suit to the beach or pool, without being rediculed constantly. I have to drape my body in a calf length baggy pair of shorts because I wouldn't want the world to notice my larger than average apparatus, so I think she needs to cover her lovely, big old boobies while feeding her baby in public.

Double standards not allowed in 2016.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:04 AM

12,842 posts, read 867,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
She had someone across the table with a camera photographing her as she shot her death rays at an unknown person purportedly staring at her. Yet every person in the background of the picture is minding their own business and eating their food.

Faux outrage over what may very well have been a faux 'incident'.

Breastfeeding is legal everywhere, and actual reported incidents of mothers being asked to cover up or leave are few and far-between these days. There will always be the outlier who purses their lips or shakes their head. Some people are just aholes. But what exactly do these militant breastfeeding mothers want? 100% adoration from every member of the public in order to feel comfortable? Smiles and thumbs up? Pats on the back for doing what mothers have done since the beginning of time?
Exactly and good point about the patrons in the background, also.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Exactly and good point about the patrons in the background, also.
It just seems rather contrived and also pretty narcissistic to photograph YOURSELF, and not the alleged rude person making you uncomfortable. At least to me, anyway. Between that photo, her manifesto, and the additional threads seen on her FB page about how happy she is to see her story spreading, I think she's nothing more than an attention-seeking young woman.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:19 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
This really should be a non-issue. Those trying to make it one could better spend their time on .... pretty much anything else.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:24 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
It is a stupid fight, Sence I was a kid mothers have been feeding their kids in public , it's only the prudish and sexually guilty that make it something more than it is .
There are a lot of other errogionous zones on a woman that are never covered up ever, and no one makes a big deal out of it.
Breast feeding should be as normal as eating in a resturant .
It's what mothers and babies do.
Besides , the more naturally the event occurs, the less of an attratcion or distraction it will become . Children shoud know what their anatomy is designed for not shamed into hiding. that produces a double standard and confusion.
IMO the breasts were never ment to be smothered ,but to move naturally with the body ,at least some professionals believe this is so.
Some also believe that breast cancer is due to bras ,because fluids are not disturbed there ,and create new problems.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:29 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
also...i forgot to add...

if guys didn't act like horndogs every time they see a breast maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. maybe if seeing a breast was more natural and normal to them instead of more for turning them on every single time they see one or two. maybe i would feel a little differently. maybe. i don't know.
yeah well you cant change the behavior of males. their behavior is motivated by their sex drives in many circumstances.

as a male myself, if I see a woman breastfeeding in public with their business out, I am going to notice. it's stimuli. I don't really have an issue with their feminazi activist agenda, but don't get mad if you see me and a group of other creepy guys noticing them with their boobs out. deal with the consequences of your actions if you're going to make a statement.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:30 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Usual case of a woman expecting society to give her a pass, when a man can't even wear a proper swimmer's suit to the beach or pool, without being rediculed constantly. I have to drape my body in a calf length baggy pair of shorts because I wouldn't want the world to notice my larger than average apparatus, so I think she needs to cover her lovely, big old boobies while feeding her baby in public.

Double standards not allowed in 2016.
Cry me a river, and an erroneous river at that. Where can a woman go topless at beaches? Very few in the United States. Where can a man go topless at beaches? 100%. Now that's a double standard. Breasts are breasts. It's just that men's are usually smaller than women's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events