Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 09:37 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you know, I've been wondering what really is the difference b/t Chipolte and Qdoba? their menus, all the offerings are almost exactly the same, right down to choice of

pinto or black beans
rice
fajita toppings
salsas: verde, roja, pico de gallo etc.

the only thing I can think of is Chipolte has Sofritos which is tofu marinated in a sauce

the restaurants look the same on the inside, you order the same way as well

chipotle seems to have a better rep based on 'fresh, wholesome,' but I think it's just marketing.

I've eaten at both and to me they are nearly identical in look and taste.
I am with you. They are the same basic food so I will eat at either. To me it is like KFC VS Popeye's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I've had both also, from my Qdoba experiences I got way more rice that other stuff. At Chipotle I had a better balance of rice to other stuff. That was the main difference to me. I haven't had Qdoba in years though. Moe's is a third option, my wife likes them best for some reason, but they are harder to find.

It's just like Burger King and McDonalds. Same general food, slight differences.
This is where I am at. I like both but there is nothing that sets one apart from the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Why did you eat at Chipotle, Chipotle is an insult to Mexicans and good Mexican food.
When I eat it I eat it because it tastes good. I actually have local Taco trucks that are more authentic and I can get the burrito's there and they are yummy. But sometimes I like to change it up.

You are splitting hairs where none have to be split. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 09:41 AM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Because it's better than Taco Bell or McDonalds. Chiplotle is NOT a restaurant and doesn't compete with them. It competes with standard fast food restaurants.
I actually prefer McDonald's over Chipotle. I cannot stand Chipotle, or any of these other imitation-Mexican places. Maybe I'm spoiled with the abundance of real Mexican fare in my area.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:42 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
Only decent fast food chain in this country is Chick Fil A and they have good customer service and Christian Values. I like In and Out as well but they only have it out West.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:59 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,807,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
I'm simple. Chipotle's menu is simpler. Meat tastes fresher. I don't like beans so that is a non-factor for me (I know, mexican food without beans? )
Chipotle's meat was tasteless to me. Even the bone fragment I chomped down on didn't help. I wouldn't step foot in another of their locations if they paid me.

At least I can smother the Qdoba burrito in queso and it has some flavor.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:19 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
I've tried Chipotle a couple of times. I much prefer Qdoba. Chipotles beef was chewy and tasteless.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:20 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Love Chipotle ... ate there at least once a week for 5 years or so while living in Cincinnati.
They opened in North Charleston, SC & what a disappointment! Food was all salt as others have said. Went to the downtown Charleston Chipotle and I was back in love.
Each location seasons differently though the company has standards. And no, never been sick from it. Lucky me!

Old 12-10-2015, 10:26 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's probably a physically sick food handler where the meals are processed...or it's a mentally sick food handler who's purposely poisoning the food under Allah's instructions. Let's not pretend they aren't out there in every walk of life.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:43 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Don't have one here so I've never eating at one of those. I don't understand what the big deal is. It's Mexican fast food like taco bell isn't it?
Not at all, no.

It's more like Baja Fresh or any other taqueria. It's all right if you like extremely salty food. Price is a bit high and it's nothing remarkable other than the saltiness. I've definitely had better burritos but they're also edible and you know what you're getting.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:00 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Never liked Chipotle, and it may have gotten me sick a few years ago one of the few times I did eat it. Either that or my gym. Either way, I don't eat Chioptle ever anymore (been 3 years this month and I barely ever ate it prior) and I obsessively clean workout equipment before and after use now.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:15 PM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Never liked Chipotle, and it may have gotten me sick a few years ago one of the few times I did eat it. Either that or my gym. Either way, I don't eat Chioptle ever anymore (been 3 years this month and I barely ever ate it prior) and I obsessively clean workout equipment before and after use now.
Yes. I especially do after witnessing several guys take a **** in the locker room and return to workout without washing their hands. WTF?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events