Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
If you want to bring a liter of liquid onto a plane, label it 'breast milk' or 'contact lens solution' and you can bring it on the plane regardless of what it actually is. Or you can put it in 10 100ml bottles in two zip lock bags, and you can bring it on the plane.
Good luck getting those 10 bottles into a quart bag...

And like I said before, they test the breast milk. Contact lens solution is not exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. You can buy travel size contact lens solution. The stuff I buy often comes with a small travel size freebie.

Quote:
If you want to go through the metal detector and not the body scanner, travel with a young child. If you are on the no-fly list, buy your ticket with a pre-paid credit card, and print a phony boarding pass for the TSA agent with your real name. If you want to get a gun through a body scanner, sew it into your clothes away from your body, it will appear black on black to the scanner.

Need I go on.....
Most people go through the metal detectors, how is that a security hole?

How would you get through security with a fake ticket? They scan your ticket before you enter the security check point.

How would the gun get through the metal detectors? There is not guarantee you'll be picked for the body scanner.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:47 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,972 times
Is this the normal form of patdown? from some of the comment it seems normal. I fly often and I have often gotten 10 sec path down. It was never a minute or this long & I never had to move to another spot to get it done. So maybe I didn't get the real deal.

If this is the normal protocol that million others have gotten then I wouldn't think anything. I did find it weird that her breast was outlined/traced. As a female I can say, I have used my bra to hold cellphone & things can be hidden there but as a female I can also say I will be very very uncomfortable if a TSA security touched there. But again if it is the norm its fine

Old 01-08-2016, 01:52 PM

497 posts, read 427,874 times
Actually, contact lens solution (or at least a bottle labeled as such) is a medically necessary liquid and is exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. And no they don't test breast milk, they MAY swab the outside of the bottle and put that into an ion mobility spectrometer, but if you clean the outside of the bottle well, it won't show anything.

Those 10 bottles would go in 2 quart bags. At a busy airport the TSA has no idea which bin belongs to which person, if you put each bag in a separate bin it will go through just fine (I have done this).

If you would like to carry explosives or ceramic weapons onto a plane, metal detectors are a huge security hole - they can't detect either.

The no fly and extra screening lists are checked when you purchase your ticket, based on the name you give. If you are on the no fly list, you buy your ticket with someone else's credit card, or a prepaid credit card with a fake name. The only time your ID is checked is by TSA, and they only check that it matches your boarding pass. So you change the name on your boarding pass (using photoshop for example) to your real name, which matches your ID. You show these to the TSA guy, who waves you through because they match. You then use your real boarding pass (with the fake name) to actually board the plane. Walla! You just defeated the entire no fly list.

The point is, if you are willing to blow yourself up for a cause, you can probably spend half an hour on the internet figuring out how to get around TSA security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Good luck getting those 10 bottles into a quart bag...

And like I said before, they test the breast milk. Contact lens solution is not exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. You can buy travel size contact lens solution. The stuff I buy often comes with a small travel size freebie.

Most people go through the metal detectors, how is that a security hole?

How would you get through security with a fake ticket? They scan your ticket before you enter the security check point.

How would the gun get through the metal detectors? There is not guarantee you'll be picked for the body scanner.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:09 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,924,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The threats aren't from non-muslims so profile the muslims. Do the usual security checks on all passengers but do enhanced security checks on muslims. For the record, Islam is not a race. Whites, blacks, arabs, latinos, and Asians can be muslim.

Well, yes, exactly. So how do you go about identifying them?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
Actually, contact lens solution (or at least a bottle labeled as such) is a medically necessary liquid and is exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. And no they don't test breast milk, they MAY swab the outside of the bottle and put that into an ion mobility spectrometer, but if you clean the outside of the bottle well, it won't show anything.
I'm just going by the TSA website, and what they say. They do say they test the breastmilk and formula. I don't see anywhere that says contact lens solution is exempt. I don't see why it would be considered a medically necessary liquid.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-p...eling-children

Quote:
Those 10 bottles would go in 2 quart bags. At a busy airport the TSA has no idea which bin belongs to which person, if you put each bag in a separate bin it will go through just fine (I have done this).
Good for you? Do you feel like a rebel getting your 2 quart bags past TSA?

Quote:
The no fly and extra screening lists are checked when you purchase your ticket, based on the name you give. If you are on the no fly list, you buy your ticket with someone else's credit card, or a prepaid credit card with a fake name. The only time your ID is checked is by TSA, and they only check that it matches your boarding pass. So you change the name on your boarding pass (using photoshop for example) to your real name, which matches your ID. You show these to the TSA guy, who waves you through because they match. You then use your real boarding pass (with the fake name) to actually board the plane. Walla! You just defeated the entire no fly list.
You can't just "photoshop" your information into your ticket. When they scan it at the security check point they're going to realize its a fake as either it doesn't scan or the information doesn't match up.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:29 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,968,610 times
I have often said that if i ever have to fly again I will go get a flight suit, a pair of Speedo swim trunks, and a pair of slippers.
I will ship everything to my destination via UPS or Fedex, and report to Security in the flight suit and slippers, with the Speedo trunks underneath. At the security counter, the flight suit and the slippers go on the belt for inspection, and I go through the Security Check Station wearing nothing but the Speedo trunks.
Rather than go through all that, I simply refuse to fly. If I can't get there by car, train, bus, or boat, I just ain't going!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm no fan of the TSA, but the agent was doing her job. Dad was so outraged by this *violation* of his daughter that he posted the video online for everyone to view.

He's sending the wrong message to his daughter by acting like a brat himself.

And as Suburban Guy said, they all left the juice box in her luggage, so what do they expect?
It was clear she was being very methodical and following a set procedure. It was not "groping", as the dad has claimed. It seems the dad has a dirty mind. And if he found it so inappropriate, why would he video it and show it to the world? Apparently they had to do a hands-on check because their x-ray machine had broken down.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:33 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
The TSA hasn't been able to show that any of this security it really doing anything to help. It's all just for show at the expense of passengers...and somebody is making money from it, of course.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:36 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have often said that if i ever have to fly again I will go get a flight suit, a pair of Speedo swim trunks, and a pair of slippers.
I will ship everything to my destination via UPS or Fedex, and report to Security in the flight suit and slippers, with the Speedo trunks underneath. At the security counter, the flight suit and the slippers go on the belt for inspection, and I go through the Security Check Station wearing nothing but the Speedo trunks.
Rather than go through all that, I simply refuse to fly. If I can't get there by car, train, bus, or boat, I just ain't going!
Hilarious! Yeah, I haven't flown in years, mainly to avoid long lines at the TSA, though the airports in my state (all 2 of them, haha!) aren't bad at all. But the destinations I'd normally fly to are very busy, with very long, intimidating lines.

They used to use hand-held magnetic sensors on people, instead of pat-downs. Whatever happened to that procedure?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:36 PM

325 posts, read 336,470 times
That's one reason---what the TSA did to that girl--is why I rather drive cross country than to fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events