Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This was just a convenient excuse, who caused the accident doesn't matter. Per the article, the shooter had expressed a desire to be "shot by police" and told people she was going to do something violent. This poor girl just provided her the opportunity she was looking for.
Just as I suspected, mental illness. Too bad she didn't think about just waiting for the police to show up and pointing a gun at them. They would have taken her out quickly, without anyone else being a victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 12:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just as I suspected, mental illness. Too bad she didn't think about just waiting for the police to show up and pointing a gun at them. They would have taken her out quickly, without anyone else being a victim.
Or better yet, just use the gun on herself & save everyone else the trouble.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
What an awful story. Young lady is here to pursue her dreams and goals, only to have her life cut short like this.

This is why I don't honk at people, get mad or even look at people in their cars when I'm driving, because you just never know what could happen with someone in another car.

Even with all of that, this young lady did nothing wrong, and lost her life.

Last edited by ATG5; 01-20-2016 at 01:26 PM..

Old 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
What an awful story. Young lady is here to pursue her dreams and goals, only to have her life cut short like this.

This is why I don't honk at people, get mad or even look at people in their cars when I'm driving, because you just never know who what could happen with someone in another car.

Especially the bolded.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:31 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

This is why I don't honk at people, get mad or even look at people in their cars when I'm driving, because you just never know what could happen with someone in another car.

I never confront anyone who honks at me. I had a guy cut me off and flick me the bird. He did the same to a car in front of me. The other guy flicked him off and they started swerving closer and closer to each other. Mind you, this was on I-95. I am not sure how it ended as I fell behind but going 75+ on an interstate and acting like a couple of fools is a recipe for disaster.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
This is an awful story. What the hell is going on in Tempe? Violent crime has been on the rise. I used to live there and it is a nice city to live in... but the problem is that drug consumption is on the rise in the metro Phoenix area. There are more and more homeless people and many of them are on the streets due to addiction. Now you have this tweeker with a gun and this is the result...
I'm sorry for the victim's friends and family. May they somehow find the strength to heal from this. This is truly a sad, sad situation.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:09 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,072 times
A bright future ended by a crackhead.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:00 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Or better yet, just use the gun on herself & save everyone else the trouble.
That takes courage, and some people really want to die but are afraid of it. I only know this because I have a family member who is a paranoid schizophrenic and has periods of time where he really just can't stand it anymore. Luckily, he seems to be afraid to kill himself. He has threatened to do something to make a cop take him out, but his mom makes sure he has no access to guns or the ability to get one. It's actually sad to watch. I wouldn't wish that illness on anyone. It's the cruelest affliction.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:01 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
that is one harsh looking 32 year old. Oxycodone is one hell of a drug.
I believe it is a totally legal drug as well just need a prescription for it. Thank God no drug store clerk is corrupt. Thank god no doctor just writes the prescription without even thinking because he gets a "special speaker fee of thousands of dollars" for giving bunch of prescriptions then being inviting to drug maker HQs to give a 30min speech, then gets $10,000 wired into his account.

Thank god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Arizona

Old 01-20-2016, 03:12 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The woman is a clear thug, but you have to question the wisdom of goving a DL to an exchange student. They should have a command of the law, the language, customs, and roads.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events