Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:29 PM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Yeah. THIS is some screw ball crap.

Right about soon . . . in say . . . 10 to 15 minutes . . . the bottom chunk of Germany is going to say enough of THIS Crap, and kick the Top End in the butt, and boot out about 1.2 Million Refugees. But who is counting?
I may sound to CD posters like a broken record. But if governments persist in the airy pursuit of doing what feels good to them and what they "think is right" they may get a nasty surprise. When the government loses control of situations the ordinary people take matters into their own hands. While I am certainly no Nazi sympathizer (I am proudly Jewish) basically this is what happened before in Germany. Events spun out of control and the Weimar government lost touch with events. Instead they were focused on the fine details of parliamentary coalition building which the Communists and Nazis fought in the streets. We all know what happened next.

I repped this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 09:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Not really. We don't know where the half million visa overstays are.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I would like to know why the German government (Merkel's people) are so interested in bringing refugees in large quantities and not screening them. This did not happen by accident. I want to know what interest it serves. What is Merkel and her staff getting out of doing this to Germany?
Votes. Why do you think we "suddenly" ended up with 50 million Hispanics here?

Old 01-23-2016, 10:38 PM

7,679 posts, read 5,524,010 times
I don't know if this an explanation, but last July Merkel was receiving a lot of criticism over her handling of the Greek financial crisis:

Quote:
Germany knows a thing or two about being punished for bad deeds, but in recent weeks the country has been the poster child for the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished.

There is no other way to describe the reputational black eye Germans received as a result of the drawn-out Greek bailout negotiations that culminated last week in the approval of a deal struck with other eurozone countries.
Europe: Don't Blame Germany for Greece's Debt Crisis

and

Quote:
For now, with no successor waiting in the wings, Ms. Merkel’s dominance over the German domestic political scene still seems to be assured in the near term. But Gero Neugebauer, a Berlin political scientist, warned that her domestic reputation as a flawless first responder to international crises now risks being damaged for good.

“Merkel is no longer in a position to win” in the Greece crisis, Mr. Neugebauer said. “Ms. Merkel is now in danger of losing her reputation as a crisis manager.”
Angela Merkel Facing Criticism Over Handling of Greek Crisis - WSJ

Then later in the year Merkel and Germany received a lot of favourable publicity over the decision to let the migrants in.

Coincidence? I did casually wonder at the time.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Britain is seriously out of Europe next year, trust me.
What about the growing Islamist / muslim population in the UK? And the "no go zones" http://www.barenakedislam.com/2015/1...nes-in-london/

Old 01-23-2016, 11:20 PM

450 posts, read 549,784 times
one big difference is the immigrants legal or illegal from Latin America are mostly Catholic...and from personal experience seem far more willing to integrate into society here than the 'refugee's overwhelming Germany and Europe.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:39 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,106,905 times
Just last week Muslims wanted to halt Britains entire education exam schedule to accommodate Islamic Rammadan, this was rejected by the Conservative govt, mosques are now not granted planning permission despite heavy funding from Saudi Arabia . EU membership hinders Britain by wanting to add more Muslims ( Germany has screwed up and cannot be trusted as you cannot trust the French) We have a large Sunni mainly Pakistani , Bangladeshi and now Nigerian and Somali population who seem to want to push their agendas not all Muslims are bad, Shias seem more level headed but hopefully are go t won't keep eroding our democracy that includes denying more benefits to polygamous families . Calais should be shut immediately

Old 01-24-2016, 01:00 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,106,905 times
Britain is fighting a rearguard action with Muslim extremism and Islamist ideology, Islam has such a negative name now and after the sex attacks in Germany too, it is now too late in the UK for Islam to be respected. If I were Shia I would distance myself from Salafist Sunni asap. Everyone I speak to do not rate eu Union especially in a global economy and that is why I am. Confident of an exit

Old 01-24-2016, 01:13 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,060,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Britain is seriously out of Europe next year, trust me.
Yep, goodbye EU - it wasn't nice knowing you.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:09 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,328 times
These men are not asylum seekers, they are an invading army. Long before the migrant crisis, Europe already had many issues with the Muslim community not integrating into the native culture. While all these "asylum seekers" flood Europe, this is going on:

Amid Muslim Refugee Crisis, Saudi Arabia Vows To Build 200 Mosques In Germany

One can assume that these 200 or so Mosques will be teaching the Saudi brand of Islam, the peaceful and tolerant Salafism version. The version ISIS use. You send a million disillusioned young Muslim men into Europe, then radicalize on European soil. This whole affair is only going to get worse and worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events