Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:04 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,587,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If I were the attorneys/people in charge at Whole Foods, I wouldn't drop the counter suit.

You don't get to do something like this, drag it on for some time and through the media, then randomly apologize one day/essentially admit it was a lie and act like everything's fine and nothing happened. This guy should face real consequences. He attempted to damage the reputation of a company and a specific employee. Had Whole Foods not done a simple little investigation into security tapes and whatever else they looked into to attempt to verify this story/prove the guy wrong, and if they didn't trust their employee and stand by him, the poor guy could have been fired - wouldn't be the first time someone was fired or got into trouble over a customer's lies. He set up the scenario himself and wrote the slur himself, pretending it was the guy in the bakery. WF should keep their lawsuit if they can.

As a student I worked as a server at a busy ice cream chain for years and customers lied to my boss about us employees and what we apparently did or said countless times. My boss could often prove it by simply looking back at our cameras to see if what the customer claimed happened actually happened. People are scumbags.

I'm not moved or swayed by this apology.
Suing this loser would be fruitless waste of expensive lawyers' time. The "reverend" truly doesn't have a pot to pee in. He doesn't even actually have a church. He was using a public room in his apartment complex without permission is my understanding -- for the whole 1/2 dozen or so of his flock. Criminal charges, are more appropriate IMHO.

There are certainly consequences. I don't think this "reverend" has credibility with a single person here in Austin. Best bet for him would be to move FAR FAR AWAY and change his name.

I think it was actually a lesbian in the bakery who decorated the cake. Lots of positive publicity for Whole Foods in the end.

Don in Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Absolutely. Whole Foods needs to proceed with their countersuit.

There are too many of these incidents where people make up stories these days just to "stir the pot".

Besides, he isn't sorry at all. He is just sorry he got caught in a hoax.

Let Whole Foods get a wage garnishment against him and it will make others think twice before pulling this nonsense.
He is pretty much judgment proof, I am sure.

Don in Austin

Old 05-16-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Absolutely. Whole Foods needs to proceed with their countersuit.

There are too many of these incidents where people make up stories these days just to "stir the pot".

Besides, he isn't sorry at all. He is just sorry he got caught in a hoax.

Let Whole Foods get a wage garnishment against him and it will make others think twice before pulling this nonsense.
Wage garnishment is not going to happen in Texas. Texas Wage Garnishment Laws | DebtSettlementLawyers.com

Don in Austin

Old 05-16-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Unfortunately this is true.

Very disappointing. Terrible as it is, I kind of hope this guy's life suffers in other ways due to his actions - maybe loses his job, church popularity falls, etc. Nothing too drastic, just enough for him to know that what he did was wrong and he does suffer consequences for his actions. He needs to learn a lesson. Sounds like I'm talking about a small child here but his actions weren't too far off.
He has no real job and his church has (HAD) less than 10 or so members.

Don in Austin

Old 05-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
So was he trying to win a lawsuit to get money for his new church? Whole Foods better run this guy through the ringer for this.
He is in default 27k$ in student loans.

Don in Austin

Old 05-16-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
They dropped the suit. I see why they did as they don't want to be the bully but, yeah, an apology isn't enough. Hopefully the members of his church ask for his resignation. Even for someone with a very low opinion of organized religion it's appalling behavior and I imagine church that allows gay pastors is under greater pressures to not behave immorally than a regular church is.
His church was an internet site, a Facebook page and maybe half a dozen people meeting at the rec room in his apartment complex -- without the permission of apartment management according to a statement I read.

This is a sub-pathetic specimen.

Don in Austin

Old 05-16-2016, 09:21 PM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
Suing this loser would be fruitless waste of expensive lawyers' time. The "reverend" truly doesn't have a pot to pee in. He doesn't even actually have a church. He was using a public room in his apartment complex without permission is my understanding -- for the whole 1/2 dozen or so of his flock. Criminal charges, are more appropriate IMHO.

There are certainly consequences. I don't think this "reverend" has credibility with a single person here in Austin. Best bet for him would be to move FAR FAR AWAY and change his name.

I think it was actually a lesbian in the bakery who decorated the cake. Lots of positive publicity for Whole Foods in the end.

Don in Austin
Actually, yeah. There's an unfortunately named Open Door Church in Austin that appears to not have anything to do with him. Address is a PO Box and there's a beggars website:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...aiser#/updates

From the reporting I figured he was an actual pastor, although I suppose the license makes you that. I guess he figured this was a good way to gain publicity given that it's been three years and the church he's a "pastor" of doesn't really exist.

edit:
http://kxan.com/2016/04/20/pastor-su...ds-cake-claim/
Student loans and meeting at his apartment rec room.

I'm not sure no such thing as bad publicity applies in this case, although hey he's certainly getting publicity.

Last edited by Malloric; 05-16-2016 at 09:37 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 07:02 AM

8,051 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Why isn't he in jail right now for extortion?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:16 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Congratulations, Pastor Brown. You have been added on the list of many Texas embarrassments...as if they didn't have enough already.

Jesus Christ, humans will do anything for green strips of paper.
As much as Mississippi is ridiculed for a host of stereotypes I'm surprised you'd be taking swipes at Texas in similar fashion.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
What he did is as much a HATE crime as what he falsely accused them of. I hope they take him to the cleaners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events