Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 07:58 AM

5,804 posts, read 5,133,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah, I read some stuff online that said differently. Some people were complaining of itchy eyes. One gal from somewhere in Europe ( I forget which nation ) was reluctant to even dive into it. One of them said she felt it gave her an advantage. The commentators on this Olympics suck in my opinion. Half the time I wish they'd just shut up, and half the time, I wish they'd tell me who is actually ahead instead of screaming. (Swimming, etc.) Idiots.
I just put them on mute and watch the display at the turn for who is in the top three position. Better than getting annoyed by their loud and obnoxious distractions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 08:32 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,313,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Well, they did manage to lose the keys to the venue before opening ceremony and had to use bolt cutters.

I almost fell off my chair when I read that one.

Who exactly do we have running this thing?
Lowest bidder???

Old 08-15-2016, 03:30 PM

5,804 posts, read 5,133,729 times
This Rio Olympics is the crappiest games ever. The only good thing about it is the natural beauty of the surrounding mountains and beaches. And many of which the Brazilians are polluting and destroying with their garbage. Total incompetence. And Brazil doesn't seem to be reaping the host country medal bump either from the pathetic numbers of medals it has won so far.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:59 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,132,679 times
Well as a sailor who has been involved in a couple of the Olympic classes for years, had a go at qualifing for 92, and who has a couple of acquaintances sailing in Rio I would say it has turned out to be a spectacular event with awesome sailing despite the icky water.
I do feel bad for Evi, I believe she is the only one who got really sick. She was one of my favorites and it defiantly hurt her chances.

some pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/finnclassphotos/page4

Old 08-19-2016, 07:22 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,313,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
This Rio Olympics is the crappiest games ever. The only good thing about it is the natural beauty of the surrounding mountains and beaches. And many of which the Brazilians are polluting and destroying with their garbage. Total incompetence. And Brazil doesn't seem to be reaping the host country medal bump either from the pathetic numbers of medals it has won so far.
We are doing the same thing in the USA, we just hide it better...

Old 08-19-2016, 07:38 AM

5,493 posts, read 8,229,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
.......I believe she is the only one who got really sick. .....
If she is the only one who got sick, it means that she probably got sick from something other than the sailing waters.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:31 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,132,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
If she is the only one who got sick, it means that she probably got sick from something other than the sailing waters.
The worst was the water in the launching area, out on the course it was a bit better but still pretty sure it was the water. Others were affected during training, she seems to be the only one to have gotten it during the racing.

They had all been there training for months so I guess a bit of immunity has been built up as well whatever medical procautions were taken.

Anyways it ended up a brilliant event.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,165,104 times
Huge explosion rocks Olympic Park: kills 2 and injures more than 100! ....oh wait, never mind...that was in 1996 in Atlanta, USA

but how about all them pick-up trucks! HOT DANG!

Old 08-19-2016, 10:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,132,066 times
I gotta admit...after the media spent months hyping the health scares and safety concerns, the Rio Olympics have gone on without a hitch for the most part. Other than the green diving pool LOL

Lots and lots of empty seats, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events