Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:20 AM

444 posts, read 324,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Very sad. Now we need to ban buses to protect our people. (sarcasm).
Dont give New Jersey any ideas. They are trying to ban coffee while driving. No, thats not a joke. I say again: Dont give The State - at least that wanna-be Massachusetts state, heh, again is debatable about if thats good or bad - ANY ideas.

And. To the sarcastic and smarmy folks.. it was two BUSES, kinda surprised the 59 was supposed to be empty if they said right (the bus with the bus in the side of it was the 13, both major lines, also Broad and Marketing is the pinnacle of that city) It would be like a semi running a red light into 6 or so cars in gridlock traffic in NYC. That, and as pointed out how buses are very different, that whole row of people got ejected into the opposite window.. several rows based on how it was configured. So.. to those folks I would say: Take a chill pill, and go hug your dog or cat or kid.

Im not a bus rider, but I was. And may to be again. Im still trying to figure out how the bus got all that speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 12:13 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No, it's an accident. They happen, and every sort of vehicle has them.

What?

That multiple vehicles on a road would run into each other?

How prescient...

Actually, over 30,000 people die annually on American roads. That's over 80 people per day, on average. But the secret behind those numbers? They've been steadily dropping for years. Ten years ago, the number was over 40,000 - even though we've gained over 30 million people as a country since then. Forty years ago, the number was over 50,000. Again, we've added over 150 million people in population since then, which means that while the number of fatalities has been dropping, the fatality rate has been dropping even more precipitously.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_U.S._by_year
This. It cracks me up how people say, I am not taking a bus because of something like this. Um, 30,000 die a year in the US in automobile wrecks. Geez.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This. It cracks me up how people say, I am not taking a bus because of something like this. Um, 30,000 die a year in the US in automobile wrecks. Geez.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:18 PM

Does anyone think the area will see increased police presence next rush hour morning?

Or... No. Business as usual..

Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 PM

88,563 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
Does anyone think the area will see increased police presence next rush hour morning?

Or... No. Business as usual..
It's NEWARK. In some sections of town mothers fire a couple of bullets into their kids' bedrooms to wake them up for school.. Why would an accident bring on increased police presence?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey
These idiot nj transit buses drive like they are the only ones on the road..
Yes and its quite sad and scary!!

Arent they trained how to properly drive a bus??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events