Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:13 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I can definitely see why dogs react the way they do towards Tickyuls.
Well guess what, as far as I'm concerned, he is spot on.

"Body language"--exactly correct, I should not have to expend the required mental energy reading some dog's "body language." It isn't my dog and so it isn't my job. This isn't an episode of "The Dog Whisperer," I'm a person living my own life minding my own business not wanting any trouble from anyone or anybody. I have the RIGHT to not be harassed by someone else's dog in any manner whatsoever, leash laws or no leash laws I don't care. The problem is easily solved--KEEP YOUR DOGS UNDER YOUR CONTROL, period.

He is right about "selfish dog owners," there are so many of them it's ridiculous. I encountered one whose dog kept harassing me on a public road while I was bicycling, and they had the nerve to tell me "if you would go through the area faster they wouldn't be able to do anything." My response was along the lines of "excuse me, this is a public road, and I will go through here just as slowly as I darned well feel like it, and if your dog ever bothers me again I'm going to spray him in the face with mace. Consider yourself warned." It's funny, that dog was fenced up real good from that point forward and I've since had no problems at all.

That goes double when I'm on my property. I am absolutely entitled to not be subjected to someone's dog trespassing onto my property harassing me OR having their noise from excessive barking trespassing onto my space bothering my peaceful existence. Children are one thing, last time I checked a child's life was more important than any pet's life (at least to people with a brain anyway) so don't even compare the noise of a child playing outside to the noise of a dog barking at the same person for the 339th time who has lived there for the past 10 years and is merely on their own property trying to cut the grass or such. Children need what they need, a dog's "needs" or "instincts"--who cares, they're just a dog. Learn to adapt to the human world or get off the planet, or stay inside where you won't bother anybody.

Look, I'm cool with "civilized" dogs and their civilized owners, those who train their dogs to mind in terms of not trespassing onto someone else's property and to not yap at everything from A to Zinc. People like that, they can live next to me with 93 dogs and I would be OK with them. However, people are like the ones whom the poster is referring to, they're some of the most inconsiderate jerks on the planet. They're the ones who think that the solution to a dog bothering people is that the people being bothered should spend their weekends and thousands of dollars erecting a fence to keep dogs out vs the dog owners erecting a fence to keep their dogs IN.

That 83 year old man was minding his own business not bothering anybody. If certain dog owners would get a clue, things like this wouldn't be occurring. As far as I'm concerned, the dog owner is a murderer and should be charged as one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 08:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Well guess what, as far as I'm concerned, he is spot on.

"Body language"--exactly correct, I should not have to expend the required mental energy reading some dog's "body language." It isn't my dog and so it isn't my job. This isn't an episode of "The Dog Whisperer," I'm a person living my own life minding my own business not wanting any trouble from anyone or anybody. I have the RIGHT to not be harassed by someone else's dog in any manner whatsoever, leash laws or no leash laws I don't care. The problem is easily solved--KEEP YOUR DOGS UNDER YOUR CONTROL, period.

He is right about "selfish dog owners," there are so many of them it's ridiculous. I encountered one whose dog kept harassing me on a public road while I was bicycling, and they had the nerve to tell me "if you would go through the area faster they wouldn't be able to do anything." My response was along the lines of "excuse me, this is a public road, and I will go through here just as slowly as I darned well feel like it, and if your dog ever bothers me again I'm going to spray him in the face with mace. Consider yourself warned." It's funny, that dog was fenced up real good from that point forward and I've since had no problems at all.

That goes double when I'm on my property. I am absolutely entitled to not be subjected to someone's dog trespassing onto my property harassing me OR having their noise from excessive barking trespassing onto my space bothering my peaceful existence. Children are one thing, last time I checked a child's life was more important than any pet's life (at least to people with a brain anyway) so don't even compare the noise of a child playing outside to the noise of a dog barking at the same person for the 339th time who has lived there for the past 10 years and is merely on their own property trying to cut the grass or such. Children need what they need, a dog's "needs" or "instincts"--who cares, they're just a dog. Learn to adapt to the human world or get off the planet, or stay inside where you won't bother anybody.

Look, I'm cool with "civilized" dogs and their civilized owners, those who train their dogs to mind in terms of not trespassing onto someone else's property and to not yap at everything from A to Zinc. People like that, they can live next to me with 93 dogs and I would be OK with them. However, people are like the ones whom the poster is referring to, they're some of the most inconsiderate jerks on the planet. They're the ones who think that the solution to a dog bothering people is that the people being bothered should spend their weekends and thousands of dollars erecting a fence to keep dogs out vs the dog owners erecting a fence to keep their dogs IN.

That 83 year old man was minding his own business not bothering anybody. If certain dog owners would get a clue, things like this wouldn't be occurring. As far as I'm concerned, the dog owner is a murderer and should be charged as one.
I don't disagree that pet owners need to be responsible, kept their pets from roaming the neighborhood, kept them from harassing the public and realize not everyone on the planet likes their pet. As well I have been disgusted by pet owners who anthropomorphize their pets and pet owners who do not properly train them. I also agree the owner in the OP should be charged.

Apparently you have encountered more than your share of "bad" pet owners. I'm sorry. I have not had many of those encounters. Most people I know are considerate of others.

Of course I still stand by my opinion that one can not particularly like dogs, be disgusted with bad pet owners and not be so filled with vile and misinformation concerning the animals.

As far as throwing the narcissist accusation around it seems only logical that one having the ability would only benefit oneself by extending some mental energy to understand the language of other beings around them that they would interact with. I find this true for not only dogs but other creatures and humans as well, for example those with disabilities. I find it narcissistic to feel you are above all and all should bend to your will.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:40 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Dogs are just dumdums, that react in a moronic manner, whenever their gravel-sized brain tells them to.

Tell that to our police officers who are DOGS. How many "dumdum" dogs have saved kids and adults lives from fires, criminals, gotten help when someone is having a seizure, sniffing out bombs, etc.

Some are dopey, some are uber intelligent. Sounds a lot like humans imo. Regardless, you have to blame the owners not the dogs, every time.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:20 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Quote:
I don't disagree that pet owners need to be responsible, kept their pets from roaming the neighborhood, kept them from harassing the public and realize not everyone on the planet likes their pet. As well I have been disgusted by pet owners who anthropomorphize their pets and pet owners who do not properly train them. I also agree the owner in the OP should be charged.

Apparently you have encountered more than your share of "bad" pet owners. I'm sorry. I have not had many of those encounters. Most people I know are considerate of others.

Of course I still stand by my opinion that one can not particularly like dogs, be disgusted with bad pet owners and not be so filled with vile and misinformation concerning the animals.

As far as throwing the narcissist accusation around it seems only logical that one having the ability would only benefit oneself by extending some mental energy to understand the language of other beings around them that they would interact with. I find this true for not only dogs but other creatures and humans as well, for example those with disabilities. I find it narcissistic to feel you are above all and all should bend to your will.
Yes, I am afraid I've had more than my share of inconsiderate pet owners, and ones who "anthropomorphize" them and think they have the same rights etc as humans, and it's ridiculous. I have no problem making reasonable efforts to understand non-verbal cues from persons such as the disabled or children etc, but not from a dog, I'm not making any effort to "understand" a common animal. I'll make reasonable efforts towards such with humans, but not animals.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Yes, I am afraid I've had more than my share of inconsiderate pet owners, and ones who "anthropomorphize" them and think they have the same rights etc as humans, and it's ridiculous. I have no problem making reasonable efforts to understand non-verbal cues from persons such as the disabled or children etc, but not from a dog, I'm not making any effort to "understand" a common animal. I'll make reasonable efforts towards such with humans, but not animals.
To each their own. I am an animal lover and have a hobby farm so I am around dogs, horses, goats, pigs and various other animals and it is important for me to learn and understand as much as possible about the language of each species if for no other reason than my safety and the safety of others.

As an individual you have no obligation to make an effort but I believe all dogs owners have a responsibility to do so although many don't. From watching a video of the owner of these dogs he obviously does not understand the capacity dogs have to do what his did. I don't believe he made any effort to understand the reaction the dogs had to people in the area "aggravating them at his fence" as he said or what the dogs reactions could manifest into.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:53 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Florida again. Damn. Nice place to visit.......
I agree and put certain California cities in there too.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:06 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Dogs really do know what you’re saying | New York Post

Old 08-30-2016, 11:39 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Just WOW at Tickyuls comments.

You know if I substituted "humans" in place of dogs in all your comments they would be a lot more accurate.

And FYI, dogs don't usually just attack children. Have you ever seen the videos posted on YouTube of "parents" allowing their little Sneauflakkes to torment the family dog because they think it's just so cute ? Smh A dog will only take so much abuse before it snaps.

People are horrible anymore and that's one of the reasons people are being dog "worshippers".

Now if you don't like that fact then your only option is to campaign your fellow precious human beings to be better people. And if you don't like dogs defending themselves against unruly mini sociopaths, then you should go teach classes for children on how to treat animals since their "parents" obviously aren't capable of the job.

I get it, you value Poopeaterivores much more than you value Human children.............BRILLIANT!!!!!

2014 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org
4-years old, was attacked and killed by at least two of her family's three pit bulls on her 4th birthday. The attack occurred at her home in the 2000 block of Parker Avenue in Bloomington.

2014 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org
Je'vaeh Mayes, 2-years old, was severely mauled by a chained pit bull that her family was watching for a friend. She was pronounced dead at Scott & White Hospital about two hours later.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:01 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
I can definitely see why dogs react the way they do towards Tickyuls.

See, your "strange" comments reinforce the idea that Poopeaterivore-owners are selfish, narcissistic people who don't care about their fellow humans or laws.....they put their unpredictable, dimwitted,
possible-dangerous Beast above society and decency.

Ah yeah, there is another huge POOP-LOG left by a lazy, irresponsible Dog-owner.

If I walk in the park and mind my own business....it should not matter what a Poopeaterivore "thinks" of me. I mean, if their dimwitted and selfish owners would obey something called leash-laws......then I would never have to worry about how their utterly-dimwitted animal reacts to me. And every time a Poopeaterivore has came after me.......the STUPID dog-owner has either acted like it was my fault or would never take responsibility for their Dumdumivore.................dog-owners are selfish, selfish and self-centered Jerks, not all, but most.

Here is another RESPONSIBLE dog-owner in action:

NC boy mauled by dogs in April returns to school | WNCN

Nine-year-old Jonathan Robero was attacked by two pit bulls at Archdale Park back in April. The attack left him with ligament damage in one leg, fractures in the other, and skin missing from each arm and parts of his head.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
See, your "strange" comments reinforce the idea that Poopeaterivore-owners are selfish, narcissistic people who don't care about their fellow humans or laws.....they put their unpredictable, dimwitted,
possible-dangerous Beast above society and decency.

Ah yeah, there is another huge POOP-LOG left by a lazy, irresponsible Dog-owner.

If I walk in the park and mind my own business....it should not matter what a Poopeaterivore "thinks" of me. I mean, if their dimwitted and selfish owners would obey something called leash-laws......then I would never have to worry about how their utterly-dimwitted animal reacts to me. And every time a Poopeaterivore has came after me.......the STUPID dog-owner has either acted like it was my fault or would never take responsibility for their Dumdumivore.................dog-owners are selfish, selfish and self-centered Jerks, not all, but most.

Here is another RESPONSIBLE dog-owner in action:

NC boy mauled by dogs in April returns to school | WNCN

Nine-year-old Jonathan Robero was attacked by two pit bulls at Archdale Park back in April. The attack left him with ligament damage in one leg, fractures in the other, and skin missing from each arm and parts of his head.
You assume much. Actually it is just your general attitude evidenced by your posts. Your hostility would be painfully evident to any canine even without a spoken word.

If you would like to go teat for tat I could post horrendous articles about attacks, fatalities and just ignorance by humans resulting in harm to other humans all day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events