Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 03:11 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You assume much. Actually it is just your general attitude evidenced by your posts. Your hostility would be painfully evident to any canine even without a spoken word.

If you would like to go teat for tat I could post horrendous articles about attacks, fatalities and just ignorance by humans resulting in harm to other humans all day long.

It amazes me how loopy you sound when it comes to deifying Fecalivores.

You cannot understand English??? I am minding my own business in a public-place that has something called leash-laws .....and dogs that are uncontrolled menace me.......and I am somehow to blame???? Well, according to Fecalivore-owners, Fecalivores are SO SMART, they sense how bad I am and prevent me from doing future bad-deeds by attacking me............THIS IS THE MENTALITY OF MOST ULTRA-SELFISH Fecalivore-owners.........SMFH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humans attack Humans......so that means the utterly-irresponsible Fecalivore-owners are off the hook when their dimwitted DumDumanimals attack an innocent person. The previous mentality is why I put
most Fecalivore-owners in the category of self-centered, entitled, above laws regarding their idiot-animal and irresponsible Fecalivore-owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 07:21 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It amazes me how loopy you sound when it comes to deifying Fecalivores.

You cannot understand English??? I am minding my own business in a public-place that has something called leash-laws .....and dogs that are uncontrolled menace me.......and I am somehow to blame???? Well, according to Fecalivore-owners, Fecalivores are SO SMART, they sense how bad I am and prevent me from doing future bad-deeds by attacking me............THIS IS THE MENTALITY OF MOST ULTRA-SELFISH Fecalivore-owners.........SMFH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humans attack Humans......so that means the utterly-irresponsible Fecalivore-owners are off the hook when their dimwitted DumDumanimals attack an innocent person. The previous mentality is why I put
most Fecalivore-owners in the category of self-centered, entitled, above laws regarding their idiot-animal and irresponsible Fecalivore-owners.
I have already said how I feel about being responsible pet owners. Perhaps you are the one having a problem with English. None of which has anything to do with your apparent general hostility. Just saying animals, dogs in particular, pick up on that as they do many human emotions.

No humans attack humans show how irrelevant your link to the article was. Yes there are irresponsible dog owners who create situations where innocent people are attacked and killed. There are humans who attack and kill, there are irresponsible humans that create situations that injure of kill people. What is your point in showing an article about another irresponsible pet owner.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
I wish people would stop quoting posters that I have on my ignore list. If I wanted to read their drivel, they wouldn't be on my ignore list.

Back to topic, the owner of these animals needs to spend some time in jail. He clearly does not understand the responsibility involved in owning a large dog. Maybe 30 days behind bars and a promise of more to come if he gets another dog would cure him.

Sure sucks for the victim. What a way to go.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:31 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,890,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I wish people would stop quoting posters that I have on my ignore list. If I wanted to read their drivel, they wouldn't be on my ignore list.

Back to topic, the owner of these animals needs to spend some time in jail. He clearly does not understand the responsibility involved in owning a large dog. Maybe 30 days behind bars and a promise of more to come if he gets another dog would cure him.

Sure sucks for the victim. What a way to go.
I agree, he was negligent. And to a criminal degree. It wasn't like it was a one time incident, there is a ton of lead up to this awful thing happening. I'd give him more then 30 days, if they could get the evidence that he knew his dogs were dangerous. If you know your dogs are dangerous and you keep your fence in disrepair, that is negligent in itself.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:39 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I agree, he was negligent. And to a criminal degree. It wasn't like it was a one time incident, there is a ton of lead up to this awful thing happening. I'd give him more then 30 days, if they could get the evidence that he knew his dogs were dangerous. If you know your dogs are dangerous and you keep your fence in disrepair, that is negligent in itself.
Agreed, but I read they were considering giving the dogs back to him at one point.

That's insanity.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:28 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,890,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Agreed, but I read they were considering giving the dogs back to him at one point.

That's insanity.
That is insane. I remember a couple years back there was a stray dog pack attack on a woman and they killed the entire pack. Even the ones who weren't there, even the puppies. While its sad, I understand that reaction.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:13 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,494 times
Quote:
...Yes there are irresponsible dog owners who create situations where innocent people are attacked and killed. There are humans who attack and kill, there are irresponsible humans that create situations that injure of kill people. What is your point in showing an article about another irresponsible pet owner.

The discussion of the initial topic (a man being killed and partially consumed by domestic dogs) has evolved into a discussion about irresponsible pet owners. His (her?) links are relevant. Bringing up humans directly killing other humans, whether intentionally or though negligence, is deflection away from the topic.

You stated several times that you agree with the sentiments about irresponsible pet owners, and even offered excellent ideas for consequences regarding irresponsibility. Yet at the same time you don't seem to want to commit to admitting that it's an issue when it comes to the experiences that Tickyul describes, and even blame him for his body language and reaction. Fear is not a controllable response to an aggressive dog. While I wouldn't take the same grammatical approaches as Tickyul, and I certainly don't have as low of an opinion of dogs in general, I am giving Tickyul the benefit of the doubt that what he is saying as far as bad experiences with irresponsible dog owners is true, and I am a life-long (responsible) dog owner and dog lover. Some of the irresponsibility with dogs that I've personally witnessed is reprehensible, in my opinion. This type of irresponsibility is what breeds sentiments like the one expressed by Tickyul and others who echo what he said. I see a lot of common ground between your posts about what should be done with irresponsible dog owners and what Tickyul is saying about his experiences, but I can't understand why you deny someone who has had bad experiences the dignity of giving credence to what they are saying, or even better, empathizing with them.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:56 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
The discussion of the initial topic (a man being killed and partially consumed by domestic dogs) has evolved into a discussion about irresponsible pet owners. His (her?) links are relevant. Bringing up humans directly killing other humans, whether intentionally or though negligence, is deflection away from the topic.

You stated several times that you agree with the sentiments about irresponsible pet owners, and even offered excellent ideas for consequences regarding irresponsibility. Yet at the same time you don't seem to want to commit to admitting that it's an issue when it comes to the experiences that Tickyul describes, and even blame him for his body language and reaction. Fear is not a controllable response to an aggressive dog. While I wouldn't take the same grammatical approaches as Tickyul, and I certainly don't have as low of an opinion of dogs in general, I am giving Tickyul the benefit of the doubt that what he is saying as far as bad experiences with irresponsible dog owners is true, and I am a life-long (responsible) dog owner and dog lover. Some of the irresponsibility with dogs that I've personally witnessed is reprehensible, in my opinion. This type of irresponsibility is what breeds sentiments like the one expressed by Tickyul and others who echo what he said. I see a lot of common ground between your posts about what should be done with irresponsible dog owners and what Tickyul is saying about his experiences, but I can't understand why you deny someone who has had bad experiences the dignity of giving credence to what they are saying, or even better, empathizing with them.
And what possible contribution to the discussion would siting various newspaper articles about dog attacks be? No one has disputed this dog owner is irresponsible and that his type of behavior as well as other irresponsible dog owners is a problem.

My statement was that dogs have the ability to read human body language and that perhaps if he is constantly having dog issues (dogs coming after him in an aggressive manner) it could be dogs are reacting to his obvious hostility. I don't recall him saying he was fearful. Preparing to bash in ones head does not translate to fear IMO. I stand by that but it is not to say he doesn't have legitimate complaints about irresponsible dog owners.

Sorry, but I have a hard time empathizing with one who continually spouts insults at others much less giving credence to their argument presented in such a manner. A personal character flaw of mine I know but that just how I roll.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:18 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,494 times
Quote:
My statement was that dogs have the ability to read human body language and that perhaps if he is constantly having dog issues (dogs coming after him in an aggressive manner) it could be dogs are reacting to his obvious hostility. I don't recall him saying he was fearful. Preparing to bash in ones head does not translate to fear IMO. I stand by that but it is not to say he doesn't have legitimate complaints about irresponsible dog owners.

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the root of his hostility toward dogs was his fear of being attacked, at least that is the only logical reason that I can find. And as far as the last part of your sentence "but it is not to say he doesn't have legitimate complaints about irresponsible dog owners" is what I was getting at in my first post to you. Although I disagree with a lot of what he said, irresponsible dog owners make a bad name (and sometimes a bad time) for we who are responsible with our pets. It's a problem for all of us.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:11 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Let me say this! I walk in parks, that have leash-laws......and have had an unleashed-dog come very-aggressively at me, from the other side of the park. And guess what, many times the
dog-owners arrogantly blame me for their Dog coming after me........yes, that happens and I have read other people saying the exact same thing when menaced/attacked by a dog. This is not just a one-off experience, similar has happened on numerous occasional. I know for a fact that this happens to others, it is not a rare occurrence....you can read daily about innocent people getting attacked by Man's-best-friend.

I do not hate dogs. The biggest problem I have with dogs, is actually most dog-owners, who, when it comes to their dogs, are some of the most selfish, prickish, entitled, arrogant, idiotic ***holes I have ever come across. The place I live at now has a lot of dogs.......and in the 5 years I have lived here I have NEVER seen a dog-owner pick-up their dog's poop........so there is dogpoop everywhere.........how irresponsible, typical of most dog-owners.

Do people really think dogs are reading these posts???? I mean, when I use a pejorative like "Fecalivore".....do you think it hurts the feeling of the dogs reading these thread??? LOL, obviously not!!! I do it to try and make dog-owners realize how dumb they are when they anthropomorphize their dumb, needy, unsanitary, unpredictable, smelly animal. See, if these pathetic dog-owners would both realize what a dog truly is, and at the same time consider their fellow humans, they would turn into good DumDumanimal-owners.

As for the whiny and butthurt people who WAHWAH about my posts..........you don't value differing opinions and different styles of delivering those opinions???? Maybe Romperroom.c0m would be more relaxing for your utterly-whiny self!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events