Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 08:57 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
But only one had a microphone and cam. Point to Mr. Mungus.
The point?

I am not excusing her behavior, but he purposely antagonized her for kicks. He is a jerk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 09:29 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,082,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
...How the hell did you get that idea? Neither in my post nor anyone else's has anything been said about race.
In the full video of this interaction the protesters accuse the man of having a white daughter. I think the implication was that police only helped her with her heroin addiction because she was white. He clarified that his daughter is hispanic.

What I found interesting about the council meeting was that of the dozens of people that showed up to speak in protest, only a tiny handful of them actually live in the district where the precinct is proposed to be built.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:57 AM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
The point?

I am not excusing her behavior, but he purposely antagonized her for kicks. He is a jerk
Yes he could have just ignored her and kept moving but she also could have stopped when he gave his fictional name instead of escalating things as she did.

We really don't know, though we can imagine, what all she was up to prior to her video taping his interview. Perhaps she had been an obnoxious trouble maker for hours prior to him getting a little jerkiness in. I'd say his reaction was benign compared to what many would have done or liked to do.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
The point?

Some people live to be antagonized. He was simply satisfying her needs.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:49 AM

4,062 posts, read 2,141,661 times
Quote:
The point?

Do we really know that he "purposely antagonized her?" Isn't there at least a 50% chance that he just thought he was being funny? No offense to guys, but I think the male sex is more apt to crack jokes and use humor, however lame (hello to my husband---hope you're not reading this and recognizing yourself!). There are T-shirts with slight sexual innuendos---I really don't think people are deliberately trying to set anyone off.

I'm a 62 yo woman, but I never got the memo about how a guy saying his name is Hugh Mongous (ostensibly referring to his genitals---we're just assuming this---could have a large stomach like some guys do) was sexual harassment.

It could have been a misguided attempt to get her interested in him, a la Anthony Weiner. Perhaps in poor taste and unlikely to work with most women, but considering that most women wouldn't act like this---except for a Social Justice Warrior--- who would think she would be so offended? Shouldn't be offended that she was filming him without his consent?

Let's not forget---this is a woman who accused her bank of not playing fair when they closed her account due to lack of activity and funds, saying it would never would have happened if she were white. (Last I heard, banks are pretty profit-oriented and have closed many a white person's account when they were no longer profitable.)

I'm offended that she wanted to use police resources to arrest a guy who gave her a fictitious name, one which wouldn't even get censored on CD or anywhere else. And did you notice how she never described the sexual harassment? If I felt I had been sexually harassed/assaulted, you better believe I'd be labeling EXACTLY what happened ("He slapped me on my rear end!").

And why she did take the video off her FB page if she isn't now embarrassed?

I hope this woman never watches television or movies, because there is lots of stuff with sexual content and using women as sexual objects/ornaments. Because if she did, I just might consider her a hypocrite!

Last edited by jazzcat22; 08-30-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 08-30-2016, 12:23 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
There are actually a lot of people named Hugh among us.
Yep, one just sold his mansion.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
She strikes me as the 'fragile, special snowflake, social justice warrior' type that come out of their echo chambers with increasing frequency lately. They are then enraged to find most of the world finds them insane. I don't know how these people function day to day. They must feel the entire world is a threat, and it's obvious they cannot cope with it. Here's another of her ilk from a recent incident. See how long you can last listening to this wretch:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6LdmBqJLYcU

Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
Lets get this straight, the man asked her if she wanted his name. She said yes, she did and "what is your name". He made a joke about his penis and even gestured to his genitals.

This woman is a bit of a nut case. Well I would say more then a bit. She is looking for conflict. But it isn't like she was reacting to nothing at all. As obnoxious as she was, a man making a joke about his genitals and gesturing to them isn't appropriate.
The first time he just said it, after she kept berating him he started saying "Its Humongous" and then added the gesture and the obvious glance at his crotch.

He certainly didn't start it, but he kept it going and amped it up when he could have just walked away from her. I don't get why you she can tell a security guard to F off, or F you or whatever combinations she used and that not be considered sexual harassment in her world.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:56 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The first time he just said it, after she kept berating him he started saying "Its Humongous" and then added the gesture and the obvious glance at his crotch.

He certainly didn't start it, but he kept it going and amped it up when he could have just walked away from her. I don't get why you she can tell a security guard to F off, or F you or whatever combinations she used and that not be considered sexual harassment in her world.
I'm with you. He was acting like a jerk. I guess if I picked the most jerky person, it would be her. But he isn't perfect here.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:59 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,696,491 times
I thought he was funny. Good shot, Hugh. A******* like that deserve to have it stuffed in their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events