Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 04:08 PM

196 posts, read 389,012 times

Advertisements

There should be added time for people abusing / preying on the elderly. Tell 'em Bernice! i hope they beat her ass every day too - I hope Bernice has a niece in that jail who will put a smack-down on that fat cow! (Not to mention DUMB, doing some **** like that and she was on camera the whole time...).

Old 09-15-2016, 04:10 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
People are laughing at her, not with her. I doubt she finds anything funny about what happened.
That just doesn't logically work out.

We've already established that the reason this is being talked about in a thread is because of her reaction.

If people were laughing at people for being robbed then we'd have many many threads along those lines.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:12 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Yes...robbed, assaulted, sexually assaulted, car jacked, and I am sure some other stuff. What can I say, I lived in a tough neighborhood. I have also had my home broken into more then once (lost all computer copies of family photos, years of work and my wedding ring) and my car as well.

Heck yes I was mad. And I am sure I swore like a sailor...but not in a TV interview. Because I am classier then that I am also not 86 so people wouldn't think its "cute" or shows that I have spunk. I'd just look trashy.
Fair enough, perhaps she just hasn't calmed down enough before having a camera and mike shoved in her face. I can appreciate your views on this.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Fair enough, perhaps she just hasn't calmed down enough before having a camera and mike shoved in her face. I can appreciate your views on this.
Possibly. But the event happened quite a while before this interview from what I could tell.

I just don't think its cute, folksy, charming, etc. But of course, I hope the thief gets some serious prison time.

I saw a video of a woman who "shopped" waiting for elderly women to step away from their cart with the purse in the baby seat in front, then would walk up along side it with their cart and switch and walk off. Once out of view, grab the purse and exit. She had it down to a science. It was so evil. Most elderly people live on very fixed incomes and stealing their money is just evil. Plus...christ its not even a fair fight. But bad guys seem to care very little about it being a fair fight.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:27 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
...So she is talking trashy and she happens to be old. Is it cute? I don't think its cute or spunky.

Yes, the thief is terrible beyond terrible. I hope she does real time because that is so wrong! But I don't find an old lady talking trashy is cute or funny. You would hope by 86 you would have learned to deliver a message with a little more grace and self respect.
I agree!!! Though at that age, she might simply have a bit of dementia or something similar. Hence her profanity.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird
...So she is talking trashy and she happens to be old. Is it cute? I don't think its cute or spunky.

Yes, the thief is terrible beyond terrible. I hope she does real time because that is so wrong! But I don't find an old lady talking trashy is cute or funny. You would hope by 86 you would have learned to deliver a message with a little more grace and self respect.
Please drop the PC garbage!!

SHE WAS JUST ROBBED...... SHE FEELS VIOLATED......

I commend her for not being afraid to SPEAK OUT!!

Old 09-15-2016, 07:26 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Please drop the PC garbage!!

SHE WAS JUST ROBBED...... SHE FEELS VIOLATED......

I commend her for not being afraid to SPEAK OUT!!
THIS! +1 to you...

Old 09-15-2016, 11:08 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
I didn't say I think she should be happy about it, or not angry. Clearly, reread my post. Please do. It isn't what I said.

She talks like a trailer park trashy person. How is that something to look up to? I don't get it. If she was 4o, she would look super trashy. People are laughing and cheering her on because she is old. Like thinking a toddler swearing is funny...

Its trashy no matter what age.
I agree.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:40 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That just doesn't logically work out.

We've already established that the reason this is being talked about in a thread is because of her reaction.

If people were laughing at people for being robbed then we'd have many many threads along those lines.
I never said people were laughing at her for being robbed, but that people were laughing at her for what she said.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:44 AM

3,502 posts, read 2,664,329 times
Quote:

This young, somewhat obese person stole my purse. I know she must need my money more than I do, and hope she receives some comfort from it. I forgive her and god bless her. This is what a hypocrite would say. What she said was real, it stems from anger and frustration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events