Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 08:58 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually, if they can now prove that the school cannot safely educate their son the school has to pay for a home tutor.
I've seen it happen btw...
Or a specialized school, which would likely be better. Its a big fight to get the school district to pay for that, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 09:09 AM

776 posts, read 580,830 times
I come from the central Illinois area, it is a **** hole. To be honest there is condoms and garbage everywhere. When I was in middle school around the area we had issues with men trying to ejaculating on students through the school yard fence. The teachers in Illinois are some of the highest paid and worst. This can be seen in this story and why Illinois is going broke and has terrible test scores. Notice in the story, the student had a one on one aid. The condoms where found under the slide, on the playground. I understand with so much garbage everywhere it would be hard, but if you have a one-on-one aid.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
wow....thats horrible.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
But sensationalized reporting is way more fun!
Exactly, BAIT AND SWITCH.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
I come from the central Illinois area, it is a **** hole. To be honest there is condoms and garbage everywhere. When I was in middle school around the area we had issues with men trying to ejaculating on students through the school yard fence. The teachers in Illinois are some of the highest paid and worst. This can be seen in this story and why Illinois is going broke and has terrible test scores. Notice in the story, the student had a one on one aid. The condoms where found under the slide, on the playground. I understand with so much garbage everywhere it would be hard, but if you have a one-on-one aid.
Oh please, stop with the generalizations. I live here, and this area truly has some issues, poor schools being one of them. But your example above is something I've never heard of, and if it even happened, there are similar, even stranger, things that have happened elsewhere around the country.

Luciano is always trolling for stores like this one. Sometimes he writes something truly newsworthy, but more often he writes garage and sensationalized stories like this one in an attempt to gain more exposure. As you can see, its working.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Maybe he's on to something! He's gone retro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oWF2bSZjGM

Old 09-25-2016, 11:53 AM

776 posts, read 580,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh please, stop with the generalizations. I live here, and this area truly has some issues, poor schools being one of them. But your example above is something I've never heard of, and if it even happened, there are similar, even stranger, things that have happened elsewhere around the country.

Luciano is always trolling for stores like this one. Sometimes he writes something truly newsworthy, but more often he writes garage and sensationalized stories like this one in an attempt to gain more exposure. As you can see, its working.
1.My s***hole remark was to the garbage everywhere. This was in defense of the teachers, it would be hard since people will trash places every night, like most cities. I could have said this place is a condom dump to be more specific. In my travels I have found a low percent of condoms in other states 'road side trash'.
2.The reason most never hear stories like this is because central Illinoisans don't like to shed a bad light on their town. That and the local people and cops are lazy and don't want to do anything about it. I didn't mention it earlier but we had a meth house right next to that school. Many of the students complained about harassment given to them by the inhabitants of that property to the staff but no one cared. Years after the school was demolished the house was finally raided and the owner was found to also be a sex offender. The closest city to that town had an officer convicted of raping about 20 women. Many of the women came out early but it was very difficult to convict him. Things like this do happen all over the US but I find Illinois has a nice way of turning a bind eye to them, making them harder to fix. I understand the media likes to skew things which doesn't help, but if anything we to bring more attention to issues so we can fix them. I love the Illinois mentality that 'If I ignore our problems our state is perfect'.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:52 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
Gross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events