Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 09:37 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
So if they file NO charges, does this mean this guy is claiming he acted in self defense? I don't see any other way no charges could be filed.
Well we don't really know all the details yet, so it is hard to say what all is going on.

One thing that I think is important to note is how Gasser didn't flee or anything of that sort. He just sat there waiting for the cops and turned his weapon over as soon as they arrived.

That sounds like someone who doesn't think he did anything unlawful.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:18 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Well we don't really know all the details yet, so it is hard to say what all is going on.

One thing that I think is important to note is how Gasser didn't flee or anything of that sort. He just sat there waiting for the cops and turned his weapon over as soon as they arrived.

That sounds like someone who doesn't think he did anything unlawful.
From what I've read, he's retired police, so off the back he's given the benefit of the doubt.

There's already witness testimony stating that he pulled Mcknight out of his car & shot him.

That doesn't sound like self defense to me

Old 12-02-2016, 10:21 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,114 times
And before someone says it again, We don't need to wait for "the facts". The facts we know already is that HE SHOT AND MURDERED SOMEONE IN BROAD DAY LIGHT WITH MULTIPLE WITNESSES.

HE IS DANGEROUS, HIS "REASONING" DOESN'T MATTER. HE SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED.

Moderator cut: .

Last edited by toosie; 12-02-2016 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: deleted racial comment - trying to keep thread here

Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
From what I've read, he's retired police, so off the back he's given the benefit of the doubt.

There's already witness testimony stating that he pulled Mcknight out of his car & shot him.

I hope there was a video camera around some where. I am sorry but I am having trouble visualizing McKnight pulling a professional football player out of his car. The fact that he is retired police certainly gives him an advantage here. Should he have been shooting somebody over a traffic accident. No and it does not need to be a racial discussion the answer is just plain no. It did not need to happen.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:
And before someone says it again, We don't need to wait for "the facts". The facts we know already is that HE SHOT AND MURDERED SOMEONE IN BROAD DAY LIGHT WITH MULTIPLE WITNESSES.

HE IS DANGEROUS, HIS "REASONING" DOESN'T MATTER. HE SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED.

We ALWAYS need to wait for the facts. PERIOD.

I know there are many of you who like to pronounce judgement absent of all the facts, but that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

Remember there were also "witnesses" who said Michael Brown had his hands up saying don't shoot.

The evidence proved otherwise.

Gasser may very well be 100% guilty, but I'm going to wait for ALL the facts to come in before I draw MY conclusions.

Last edited by toosie; 12-02-2016 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: edited quoted material

Old 12-02-2016, 11:04 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,439 times
Quote:
Fact is you don't talk **** in NOLA.

Many of you may not understand, but Joe should have known better.
You walk on by.
You ignore and they will typically just move on to the next person and **** with them.

But what you DON'T do is act like Mr. tough guy and mouth off back to them. Unless you are perfectly willing to be the one doing the killing. If not. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
Someone always have to blame the victim.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Someone always have to blame the victim.
Not blaming anyone. Just stating facts.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:24 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Fact is you don't talk **** in NOLA.

Many of you may not understand, but Joe should have known better.
You walk on by.
You ignore and they will typically just move on to the next person and **** with them.

But what you DON'T do is act like Mr. tough guy and mouth off back to them. Unless you are perfectly willing to be the one doing the killing. If not. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
That is an indictment on New Orleans then, not on Mr. McKnight. Love the city, but won't even consider living there.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:43 AM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
We ALWAYS need to wait for the facts. PERIOD.

I know there are many of you who like to pronounce judgement absent of all the facts, but that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

Remember there were also "witnesses" who said Michael Brown had his hands up saying don't shoot.

The evidence proved otherwise.

Gasser may very well be 100% guilty, but I'm going to wait for ALL the facts to come in before I draw MY conclusions.
Yeah, so far the "witness" the TV found had a face full of prison tats... e.g, not the most reliable witness. Sorry. There's not indication that I kind find of this "fact" that Gasser was retired LEO either. Definitely possible Gasser isn't the cuddly teddy bear his family portrays him, just as Michael Brown was not. Family are often not objective about such things.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:50 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,636,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
this is why I tell all my friends and family never ever argue with someone when involved in an auto accident or fender bender . My oldest daughter got out of her car one time and an older lady said to my daughter " well I guess you know this is your fault right ? My daughter said nothing to her and got back in the car . I was proud of my daughter for doing the right thing . This older woman might think more the next time before confronting someone because with the attitude she had someone might become angry with her and you just never know anymore about accidents leading to more ... Yes this is so sad and I'm sorry someone lost their loved one and their life over a stupid minor thing .
Good advice and excellent decision by your daughter. My GF got into a fender bender because a woman pulled out of a parking structure right in front of her on a blind curve. The woman kept saying "She was going so fast!" to anyone who would listen, including her insurance company and ours. When she saw I was on the phone to our insurance company, she came up and asked me what I was telling them. I told her nothing. My GF just sat in our car. Ultimately, an arbitrator for the insurance companies decided the woman was 90% responsible for the collision. Arguing with the other person on the street right after an accident serves absolutely no purpose -- liability is not going to be decided then and there. I might also add that camera phones are an accident victim's best friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events