Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 01:54 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,560,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Why do yall cherry pick the Mike Brown case? And even with that case the "witness" that got Darren Wilson off was the lady that said she just happened to be in ferguson that day because they wanted to stop saying the n-word. So while you put the actual *black* resident witnesses in quotes, make sure you acknowledge how it was a "witness" that got Darren Wilson off as well. And why does witness account even matter, we're seeing people gunned down on camera and you all come up with excuses.

There was a not a "witness that got Darren Wilson off".

It was a culmination of ALL the testimony and ALL the evidence.

After the verdict, Obama even sent Holder there to find SOMETHING to pin on Wilson and they could not find it.

Move along to an ACTUAL case of police misconduct (Like maybe Walter Scott) , because it sure isn't the Michael Brown case.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I hope there was a video camera around some where. I am sorry but I am having trouble visualizing McKnight pulling a professional football player out of his car. The fact that he is retired police certainly gives him an advantage here. Should he have been shooting somebody over a traffic accident. No and it does not need to be a racial discussion the answer is just plain no. It did not need to happen.
Not every professional football player is a linebacker. And don't just assume this is that "incredible hulk vs a 5 year old" narrative that they lied about in ferguson. When it turned out the "5-year old" was about 6-2 220+ himself.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:59 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,393,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Hopefully this method won't be used on you if you're ever taken into custody for some reason, that would suck wouldn't it?
Any amount of time in jail for any reason is going to suck from my POV. Spending seven days in jail after I killed (but not might not have murdered) somebody is not going to kill me though.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:03 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,013,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Any amount of time in jail for any reason is going to suck from my POV. Spending seven days in jail after I killed (but not might not have murdered) somebody is not going to kill me though.
Ah, I see. So if the law determines after a few hours that for whatever reason you aren't a risk and they can release you, you'd have no problem remaining in jail for 7 days while they try to dig up more dirt on you that isn't related to the reason your were detained to begin with.

Sorry, but you're lying.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:04 PM

135 posts, read 93,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Step 1: Get imperfect early information, often from the survivor or the victims friends\family members that weren't there and hop in front of a camera immediately lying about what happened. Can't believe either side.

Step 2: Believe them completely and be outraged without having facts.

Step 3: Ignore all other versions or conflicting evidence as it comes out because it makes you look like a fool for believing one side or another BLINDLY because of your inherent biases.

Please people, don't be a lemming. Wait for the facts to come out, hopefully a video etc.
It seems like everyone that says we gotta get the whole story first, always want the whole story when black people are killed. It's obvious Gasser didn't see McKnights life valuable, which made it easy for him to end it over a traffic incident and even worse, the authorities now don't see McKnights life valuable enough to prosecute his murderer.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:08 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,220,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Hopefully this method won't be used on you if you're ever taken into custody for some reason, that would suck wouldn't it?
It might not be such a bad idea when a life is taken until ALL the facts are known.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:09 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,449,145 times
Here's a few secrets for a long life..........."Never give someone the finger on the road, and never get out of your car and approach the other driver during a traffic altercation"...........

Old 12-02-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
It might not be such a bad idea when a life is taken until ALL the facts are known.
Known by Who? You?

Who's to say that the facts aren't now known to the people who are actually involved in the investigation?
What you or I or anyone else knows isn't relevant, what the police know and believe is what's relevant.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
It seems like everyone that says we gotta get the whole story first, always want the whole story when black people are killed. It's obvious Gasser didn't see McKnights life valuable, which made it easy for him to end it over a traffic incident and even worse, the authorities now don't see McKnights life valuable enough to prosecute his murderer.
You seem to understand neither the concept of self defense nor the definition of murder...

Old 12-02-2016, 02:20 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,560,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post

So then "getting all the facts" is some type of racist dog whistle phrase now?

I seriously can't keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events