Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 05:28 PM

16,428 posts, read 12,552,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Yes. That really puts a damper on the uninformed commentary and idle speculation, doesn't it?

Or if you happen to be one of the millions who have read Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point - or numerous other works that discuss it: the excellent Flight 232 by Laurence Gonzales comes to mind.

Or if you're willing to spend the 10 seconds or so googling it (like I did, remembering the concept but forgetting the specific term represented by 'CRM').
OR the other poster could have explained what they were talking about since this is not the Aviation forum. Just because you seem to have an interest in aviation related books, that doesn't mean that it's a common term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:26 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,651,465 times
How drunk was she? That or she was on drugs - prescription or recreational. She sounds like a loon! Definitely not someone who should be flying a paper airplane forget a jet.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 PM

457 posts, read 662,545 times
This individual should never be allowed to touch the controls of another aircraft... EVER!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:43 PM

902 posts, read 865,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basse Bud View Post
This individual should never be allowed to touch the controls of another aircraft... EVER!
I am always amazed at the number of folks who automatically assume their fellow citizens weigh the same as a duck. Folks are always wanting to burn people at the stake.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:13 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,151,667 times
I don't think she needs to be burnt at the stake, but, good grief, no professional can act like that and expect to remain employed!

Still, I am not a shrink, nor do I even play one on TV, so she needs to have her head examined, and figure out what went wrong here.

All that said, I am perfectly OK with a female pilot, wearing a bikini, a bathrobe, whatever, so long as she's technically competent and - not in a meltdown state like this gal was.

I feel for the FO in this case. What are you supposed to do when the person who is supposed to be YOUR BOSS flies off the handle like this?

Yeah, I think I might have got off, depending on where I was and how practical it would be to arrange alternative transportation.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:00 AM

4,216 posts, read 4,474,228 times
Yikes, that happened at about same time I flew United in February. At first, I would have thought I got on wrong plane and it was Southwest with a bad attempt at humor, then mention of divorce and talking about personal problems I would have made way to exit.

Curious, with a case like this if a passenger further in back of the airplane would have felt compelled to open emergency exit to depart quickly, would the passenger be charged for actions or would United for the situation happening?

Isn't this behavior by the pilot very close to yelling fire in a crowded theater?
What if the passengers panic and someone gets hurt in the rush to de-board?

On a lighter note it made me think of Bob Newhart on airplanes.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLCEm4_cdc

Old 03-18-2017, 08:39 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,651,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
I am always amazed at the number of folks who automatically assume their fellow citizens weigh the same as a duck. Folks are always wanting to burn people at the stake.
Sorry, but not sorry. When you're responsible for the lives of a few hundred people, then you don't get a second chance. Who's to say she wouldn't have a mental break down mid flight. What the heck would they do if they were over the Atlantic? Hope the passengers and flight crew can swim?

Old 03-18-2017, 09:45 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,021,786 times
LONGTIME A&P's wife here and thats scary enough to fly with.. One sentence out of her mouth like that and it would have been ME off the plane first.. I guarantee it

Old 03-18-2017, 02:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,780,941 times
I'm surprised she did not say, "Okay, folks, pillows are $12 and water is $6 a bottle, and if you don't like it, get off the plane!"

Old 03-19-2017, 12:59 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,391,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I don't think she needs to be burnt at the stake, but, good grief, no professional can act like that and expect to remain employed!

Still, I am not a shrink, nor do I even play one on TV, so she needs to have her head examined, and figure out what went wrong here.

All that said, I am perfectly OK with a female pilot, wearing a bikini, a bathrobe, whatever, so long as she's technically competent and - not in a meltdown state like this gal was.

I feel for the FO in this case. What are you supposed to do when the person who is supposed to be YOUR BOSS flies off the handle like this?

Yeah, I think I might have got off, depending on where I was and how practical it would be to arrange alternative transportation.
I would have gotten off of the plane period. Convenient alternate transportation or not that isn't a chance worth taking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events