Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 07:24 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,086,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Such a sad way to look at such a miracle for someone.
Sure is sad.

Like all technology, it will be researched more and refined more. I suspect it will become more affordable as time passes.

It was that way with cell phones and everyone has one now.

Gotta keep the faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 07:50 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
That is so cool! I am an ophthalmic technician and we saw a few patients with the condition and I also had a friend with RP. It is a genetic condition that causes total bilateral blindness, and there was no treatment at all. My friend's mother was totally blind and she was zooming through college trying to finish her courses before she also lost her sight. She was only 20 Being able to see shapes and some light is much better than nothing.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:55 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,774,445 times
A great read. This is where marvelous advances in technology can help those in need. I'm very happy for this man and his family that he can see again.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:09 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
I remember as a kid watching The Six Million Dollar Man. Then there was stuff like this is Star Trek. Well, I've lived long enough to see a lot of what used to be science fiction become science fact. A lot of science fiction back in the day had us a lot further along in technology than we are. Like in space travel and such. Of couse a lot of it had us as having bombed ourselves into a state of post apocalyptic feudalism before 2017 as well. The advances we are seeing and have seen are certainly better than the latter vision.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM

164 posts, read 138,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Such a sad way to look at such a miracle for someone.
There will be a market for tech that makes someone significantly more than human, these new abilities will be abused by users, by advertisers providing "augmented reality" and by hackers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events