Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

Her first reaction is to put a video on Instagram.

Authorities say a 14-year-old died in the crash and, in the video, she references the victim as her sister. The CHP says two minors were in the back seat were not wearing seatbelts. The CHP says Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her car over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field.

Then she says:

"I killed my sister, but I don't care," she said in the video. "I killed my sister. I know I'm going to prison, but I don't care. I'm sorry baby. I'm a hold it down."

18-year-old woman arrested after live streaming deadly crash near Los Banos | abc30.com

In other words it's all about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 12:04 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
I'm willing to overlook her word choice, between the intoxication and probably being in shock.

I'm NOT willing to overlook the decision to drive under the influence while using Instagram, and then Instagramming during the aftermath. I hope the eedjit gets the book thrown at her.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:08 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
I suspect her very inappropriate comments about her dead sister were said as much to impress her 'audience' as they were true feelings. In her drunken state, that's probably all that was important to her at the time. Either that, or she's a textbook sociopath. But if she does have a conscience, she will have to live with herself long after she gets out of jail.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:26 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,768,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I suspect her very inappropriate comments about her dead sister were said as much to impress her 'audience' as they were true feelings. In her drunken state, that's probably all that was important to her at the time. Either that, or she's a textbook sociopath. But if she does have a conscience, she will have to live with herself long after she gets out of jail.

Textbook sociopaths don't normally announce the fact live, in front of an audience. I think it was the booze talking, combined with a typical teenaged "I'm totally in control and nobody is going to make me apologize for anything I've done" attitude.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:44 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times
When you listen to the video it isn't as cold and callous as it seems in black and white. She sounded very upset. And in shock. And 18. And drunk.

I watched the edited version but it sounded like she "didn't care" that she was going to go to jail for life...in a slightlydefiant but very scared way.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:36 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
That is a terrible tragedy for the entire family and her stupid words don't make it any better. Either way the parents are losing 2 kids.
I don't think she is going to be so tough when she gets sober in jail and she can't wear all that makeup.

Such a tragedy that could have been avoided if the the 14 year old sister stood up and refused to be driven by someone that was drunk.
It is not easy to call someone on their drunk or drugged behavior but getting into a car with them driving that can be a deadly situation.

Sad.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:23 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Typical narcissist in our typical society these days.

In the most tragic of times, the first thought is to film yourself and broadcast your 'suffering' to the world. Nothing in life is sacred anymore, every aspect of your life must be filmed and put on social media to satisfy your ego.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:40 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,110,882 times
Ugh. This happened where I live a few years ago; except the girl driving drunk was 19 & the fatality was her 16 year old brother.

There was also another passenger in the car but neither she nor the driver were injured. The girl plead guilty to vehicular homicide & could have been sentenced to between two and six years in prison.

Instead, she was sentenced to 5 years on probation. The boy attended the same high school as my twins & apparently was a popular kid. The social media storm amongst all the kids was sort of of divided, with some wanting to see the book thrown at her & others coming to her defense & saying she was suffering so much already & all that. I felt bad for the parents; they had lost their son & were potentially losing their daughter. Very sad.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:06 PM

581 posts, read 456,829 times
Is there anyone under 25 these days who ISN"T a raging narcissist? This sh*t is out of control.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:05 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,678 times
"I'ma hold it down"

What a moron she must be; with her ghetto slang speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events