Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 02:53 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times

Advertisements

Stolen bomb detonates in truck, setting 4 people on fire in Winnipeg - Manitoba - CBC News

Now.. It's just impossible not to have the thought of cosmic justice go through your head reading this.

However.. I do love the response of one of the people who took the bag.. "...they told him they opened the bag to see if there was anything inside to identify the owner."

Yeah, you watched this guy drop a bag off before going in the store, took it, then drove away looking in the bag for identification so you could return it to him.. Uh-huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 03:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
I won't laugh. I won't project any fake sympathy either.

I'll only say this, "Don't take what doesn't belong to you."

Old 07-20-2017, 01:32 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Bitten by Karma are we?

The thing is the 4 guys are now the victims even though they are the thieves. If they catch the guy that placed the bomb for anyone to pick up and steal he is going to be in much more trouble then if the 4 guys beat him up, left him for dead and stole the bag.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:33 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
It says the girlfriend picked it up and was going to give it to police. Hopefully, she was. Who knows. I'm interested to hear the rest of the story.

I've always turned in wallets,purses, and cell phones I've found. I don't like the thought that someone would try to blow me up for looking inside a bag for identification. I found a wallet in the parking lot a couple of months ago. I did look inside for identification and did get it back to the rightful owner right away because my child was friend's with the guy and had his cell phone number. I would have returned the wallet to the school with everything intact if we didn't know the owner.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:50 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
I'm sure there is an interesting story behind this one.

Weird place to leave a bag if targeting the store owner etc.

Normally these things are left outside houses or by the cars of the intended victims and not so public that almost anyone might pick it up.

So that opens up the possibility that it was intended as bait for thieves.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:03 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm sure there is an interesting story behind this one.

Weird place to leave a bag if targeting the store owner etc.

Normally these things are left outside houses or by the cars of the intended victims and not so public that almost anyone might pick it up.

So that opens up the possibility that it was intended as bait for thieves.
That's a real possibility. If so, I hope they never find the guy who left it. If it happens enough times, and the news media spreads the word, it may be the best way to stop future theft.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:11 PM

807 posts, read 689,401 times

Yeah, if I see someone "forget" that they left a bag outside of a store, I'm definitely going to take the bag, put it in my truck, then dig through it to see if I can find any identification to alert the police....

This story reminds me of that Pink Panther episode where the burglar stole the Pink Panther's safe, which then blew up because the Pink Panther had planted a bomb inside it.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:16 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
It says the girlfriend picked it up and was going to give it to police. Hopefully, she was. Who knows. I'm interested to hear the rest of the story.

I've always turned in wallets,purses, and cell phones I've found. I don't like the thought that someone would try to blow me up for looking inside a bag for identification.
This.
Perhaps, in this specific instance, the people were stealing the bag.

What, though, if a person had looked in the bag outside the store with no intent to steal it but only to find the owner?
How about if police officers had found the bag?

It's not ok to put bombs in public and disturbing that people are condoning that behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events