Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I saw this on the news this morning. The (other) thing that ticks me off is that they were simply removed from their job with patients, not fired or stripped of their nursing (or whatever) credentials.
They are in big, big trouble. They likely will be stripped of whatever licensing they had and never be re-hired again, at any hospital. They will probably get a dishonorable discharge (is that what it's called) from the military. But that will be a hearing and investigation first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 05:42 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,105,848 times
What I can never figure out is how did these people get into the positions that they have without anyone questioning their behavior up until this time. Surely someone should have noticed inappropriate behavior and said something. I have seen similar behavior in the teaching profession and I wonder the same.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:53 PM

13,269 posts, read 7,316,697 times
One reason a friend of mine his wife would not let the hospital put their baby in the nursery she didn't trust them this was back in the 90's when news when 2 babies got mixed up back in the 80's wasn't figured out for years. You things like this go on in hospitals it's no different then what food workers do with people's food in the kitchen.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:55 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,498,135 times
It takes a real special type of sicko to do that with NEWBORNS

I read that they weren't registered nurses, they were some sort of medical techs. Which made more sense to me.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
They are in big, big trouble. They likely will be stripped of whatever licensing they had and never be re-hired again, at any hospital. They will probably get a dishonorable discharge (is that what it's called) from the military. But that will be a hearing and investigation first.
sounds like you are well informed on the process

Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What's disturbing to me is some news outlets tried to protect the identity of the workers, by blotting out their faces in the photos. When the women themselves had posted these pictures to social media.

Seriously, why protect them? It's fair game to put their pictures out there.

That's the same thing outlets did with the nurses who gawked and kidded about a deceased male patient's genitals. In that case, they wanted readers to think they might have been male nurses (they weren't).

In both of these cases, their names should have been released.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:58 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
They should be kicked out of the hospital.....They're really too stupid to be allowed around hospital patients!!!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:26 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I have to say here, that it's not the bad behavior of these 'nurses' that is the most disturbing. It's the fact they think many other people think about newborns the same way they do, and enjoy seeing their so-called humor online. I would be deeply concerned for any children these women may have, now or in the future.
I can't fault people for their humor, I guess. I know the website I read on a regular basis calls children hell spawn and since it's a site based on the trials and tribulations of dealing with customers and their kids, after a while you start to think all kids are like this (because all the ones you've seen are). I know I've been around plenty of entitled parents and their terrible kids and some days you just want to....GAH!

What it does sound like though, is these people don't like their jobs very much and if people like that are working with babies, they need to get out or be taken out. It's one thing to deal with customers in a store and let your frustrations out when the customers are gone, but when someone is directly responsible for babies and they act like this, that's something completely different. People need to like babies to work with them.

I wouldn't worry about these people having kids, though. One of two things will happen. They will never have kids or they'll change their minds and have kids and wonder how they could have been such jerks.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
They are Navy Corpsman, from what I read. This is a Navy enlisted rating earned by training at a Navy school. Similar to Nursing Assistant/EMT. They likely will be disciplined within the Navy justice system which could lead to administrative discharge under less than honorable conditions, military discipline, or even Courts-Martial. These girls could be from anywhere, any background. I'd say their military careers are over. Let's hope so.
I was a Navy JAG officer for a few years, so.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
I wonder how long they have been doing similar or worse without getting caught? Surely this isn't there first time "having fun".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events