Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 12:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,428,288 times

Advertisements

He's going to go to prison (hopefully). Texas is also a death penalty state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 12:07 PM

102,292 posts, read 108,372,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Not if you've ever seen an abusive family. A typical thing they do is wake the kid up in the middle of the night because they found a dirty dish in the sink and make the kid wash every dish in the house and dry them and put them all away. And they better be up right on time for nursery school the next day.

Yes, even if the kid is only 3.
True, they can burst in on kids after they've gone to bed. But this doesn't answer the question: what the heck was he doing, being up at 3:00 a.m.? Doesn't the man have a daytime work schedule?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-24-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-24-2017, 12:23 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,162,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True, they can burst in on kids after they've gone to bed. But this doesn't answer the question: what the heck was he doing, being up at 3o a.m.? Doesn't the man have a daytime work schedule?
It's all a b.s. story---- and the more he talks the deeper up s*** creek he gets himself

Old 10-24-2017, 12:25 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,231,631 times
She wouldn't drink her milk, so he "physically assisted her". Translation: He forced it down her throat and she choked to death.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:30 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,942,917 times
Just waiting for the medical examiner's autopsy report.

What hell was disguised by those pretty little-girl dresses and Sunday School participation? What happened in that nice-looking suburban home? To what use were all those wooden spoons put?

So thankful the older child will more than likely never again be endangered by this man - and more than likely, judging by both her apparent complicity plus social media reports from fellow church members of her physically abusive nature (multiple reports of her pinching little Sherin to quiet her in church), never again by his wife.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:36 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,031,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Just waiting for the medical examiner's autopsy report.

What hell was disguised by those pretty little-girl dresses and Sunday School participation? What happened in that nice-looking suburban home? To what use were all those wooden spoons put?

So thankful the older child will more than likely never again be endangered by this man - and more than likely, judging by both her apparent complicity plus social media reports from fellow church members of her physically abusive nature (multiple reports of her pinching little Sherin to quiet her in church), never again by his wife.
Do you have links to actual reports? I've seen some similar allegations on a FB page, but nothing attributable to a "fellow church member".

Old 10-24-2017, 12:44 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times
Still not the real story, I guarantee you.

Lawyer ploy to make it look like an accidednt and then panicked stupidity.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:56 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,376,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Her poor bio relatives in India I heard have made statements... I wonder if she will be laid to rest here or returned to bio relatives in India? This whole thing is just so tragic and heartbreaking, it was welcome relief to hear he messed up and changed his story and is now sitting in a cell saying oh sh**
If what I've read in the media is true, she was found abandoned. How would her biological family even know it was her? And if they dumped her in bushes, I don't really care how they feel about anything. They abandoned her. They surrendered the right to be indignant and to call themselves victims the moment they abandoned Sherin.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:58 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times
It's strange. Nearly 500 kids a year are murdered by their parents (90% are their bio parents).

More are killed by mothers' boyfriends, abused daily, molested, neglected, etc.

I wonder why this case in particular garnered such special attention...

Old 10-24-2017, 12:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,376,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's strange. Nearly 500 kids a year are murdered by their parents (90% are their bio parents).

More are killed by mothers' boyfriends, abused daily, molested, neglected, etc.

I wonder why this case in particular garnered such special attention...
No idea. I know it only drew my attention because it's in Richardson (where we live) and this sort of thing is extremely unusual in north Dallas suburbia.

As to why everyone else is interested in it...I can't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events