Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,158,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I expect the drama and pathos of the situation contributed, along with general outrage at the father's unbelievable claims and the mother's apparent disregard.

Also, Sherin was previously an orphan - an abandoned child - who was tiny, cute, photogenic, vulnerable, and had special needs. Her adoption should have been a Cinderella story - instead, it was a fairy tale gone wrong, with evil characters triumphing instead of the innocent heroine.

Something about Sherin's little smile tugged at the heartstrings...

I don't think it's that people don't care about other lost children, but that Sherin's case resonated strongly for the reasons listed above. It would be a fine thing if Sherin's memory and brief life could be honored by contributing to causes which assist neglected, abandoned, and orphaned children around the world.
Yes all of this. In addition to the caveat I posted above, this father or so called father, first chose to adopt her, to be her father and lovingly raise and protect her. There's questions and issues--- how or even did the agency screen him? I heard there was already a cps case with these adoptive parents. And the outrageous bs story about the non drinking of milk and having her stand all alone in an alleyway at 3 am where "coyotes are known to roam"--- and THEN changing his story yesterday to an oops, let's have a do over. So, officers, really what happened was more like we were in the garage at 3 am and I "assisted" her to drink her milk. She choked, and I think, well I'm pretty sure she was then dead. So um instead of racing to call 911, I just drove her slumped over body around for an hour in my suv and then dumped her body in a drainage ditch---- because this story I think has a better ring to it...��
All of the above makes it something that stands out more than the tragedy of a story where a stranger abducts and kills a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
No one knows who abandoned Sherin in the bushes in India when she was a year old. She was rescued and taken to the orphanage by passers-by. She was far too young to tell what had happened to her. She was advertised in Indian newspapers as a found child, as is legally required in that country, but no one came forward to claim or identify her. So she remained in the orphanage until she was approximately 18 months old (she looks much younger in the video taken at her adoption ceremony - and she is upset and teary in this video, which shows Sini awkwardly holding her and looking stolid, while Wesley looks happier. Of course, they were strangers to this little one - would that they had remained strangers to her).

Sherin's biological relatives remain unknown - all references to uncles or grandparents or other relatives refer to her adoptive relatives, kin of Wesley or Sini Mathews.
So sad... btw something about that mother... you say she appears stolid in the adoption video... I didn't see that video but every picture and reference to her is so unconcerned about little Sherin... when my sisters daughter was 4 she got away in a department store for maybe five minutes by kind of skipping ahead a bit then disappearing under clothing racks. After a few minutes of not finding her my sister started freaking out, crying panicking, thank God she was found by us a few minutes later playing hide and seek under a dress rack but wow, this so called mother only shows concern for herself- no expression of panic, grief, desperation.. just coolly hiring a lawyer to do a cya

Old 10-24-2017, 06:31 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Yeah.
The maids left the door open and my dog ran out one day.
I didn't realize this till I walked by the open door later (who knows how much later?).

I was panicked, running and driving all up and down the streets, through the parks and golf courses, into alleys, to the shelter TWICE, on foot, on bike, in car...for HOURS straight without stopping except to print signs at Kinkos. And I would have not stopped looking if my neighbor (who found her minutes after she got out and took her to her house...she was there for the many tear-filled hours I roamed the land) hadn't run into my parents who were also roaming the streets looking.

I don't get why the mother wasn't out there doing the same FOR HER KID. I WOULD NOT SLEEP until I found my kid.

Any mom would do the same.

So I don't buy this lady's claim she knew nothing. Bullcrap.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:51 PM

That mom is off... no show of emotion, not a tear.. no desperation or searching, crying or begging on tv for her daughters return... just an icy cold demeanor and consult with attorney.. she is a pos

Old 10-24-2017, 10:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Dad has changed his story, again.

Says the little girl died after he forced her to drink milk.

He most definitely killed her.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:47 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Dad has changed his story, again.

Says the little girl died after he forced her to drink milk.

He most definitely killed her.
That's what I read, too. He confessed to forcing her to drink a lot of milk at once, and she was choking on it, but he didn't stop. Then he felt her go limp.

What is wrong with this guy? Why would he obsess over milk at 3 a.m., and get so angry about it? I doubt their pediatrician would have recommended middle-of-the-night milk feedings. Kids need their sleep. Waking a kid up in the middle of the night is, itself, abuse.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's what I read, too. He confessed to forcing her to drink a lot of milk at once, and she was choking on it, but he didn't stop. Then he felt her go limp.

What is wrong with this guy? Why would he obsess over milk at 3 a.m., and get so angry about it? I doubt their pediatrician would have recommended middle-of-the-night milk feedings. Kids need their sleep. Waking a kid up in the middle of the night is, itself, abuse.
No need to wonder about the milk... his story is unbelievable because it's a story..he couldn't tell them he murdered her and then dumped her in a ditch-- that might get him in a s*** load of trouble so..he came up with this very incredulous story of feeding her milk at 3 am--- probably thought the fact she was thin could be used somehow as a lead in to his claim about needing to force her to drink milk in middle of the night. He was too dumb to understand his story would not be believed by most people... well he's not only evil but just too dumb to be trying to pull off crimes.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:32 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,505,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
She wouldn't drink her milk, so he "physically assisted her". Translation: He forced it down her throat and she choked to death.

In the GARAGE, if that's what actually happened. Whether this newest story from Wesley is true or not we now know that this monster killed her one way or another.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:40 AM

671 posts, read 445,998 times
Just another Casey Anthony.

Some people should not breed..nor be able to adopt.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:10 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,505,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's strange. Nearly 500 kids a year are murdered by their parents (90% are their bio parents).

More are killed by mothers' boyfriends, abused daily, molested, neglected, etc.

I wonder why this case in particular garnered such special attention...
My guess is because there was initially an Amber Alert. That's an attention grabber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events