Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 06:57 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,188,965 times

Advertisements

This is so sad. What the hell is wrong with people!?!?!?!

Iowa Couple Charged With Murder After Infant Son Found Dead in Swing

The parents of a 4-month-old Iowa boy who was found dead in a motorized swing in late August in a state of decomposition have been charged with murder, PEOPLE confirms.

According to autopsy results, medical examiners found “maggots in various stages of development” in Sterling’s “clothing and on his skin.”

Authorities believe Sterling, who weighed less than five pounds at death, was left in the baby swing for over a week, and that he was not bathed or changed that entire time.

The cause of death has been ruled a homicide, and the manner of death was failure to provide critical care, according to court papers.

I hope these people are put to death, quickly and painfully, for what they did! They should rot in hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 07:04 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,892,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
This is so sad. What the hell is wrong with people!?!?!?!

Iowa Couple Charged With Murder After Infant Son Found Dead in Swing

The parents of a 4-month-old Iowa boy who was found dead in a motorized swing in late August in a state of decomposition have been charged with murder, PEOPLE confirms.

According to autopsy results, medical examiners found “maggots in various stages of development” in Sterling’s “clothing and on his skin.”

Authorities believe Sterling, who weighed less than five pounds at death, was left in the baby swing for over a week, and that he was not bathed or changed that entire time.

The cause of death has been ruled a homicide, and the manner of death was failure to provide critical care, according to court papers.

I hope these people are put to death, quickly and painfully, for what they did! They should rot in hell!
Or we could just tie them up so they are helpless and let them die from dehydration like this baby likely did. I am actually not for the death penalty but this is a toughy. The story I read the baby was 7 lbs. Its hard for me to believe someone somewhere didn't notice this baby wasn't thriving at all from birth. But I guess they just left it in a swing and did their thing. How are people like this able to leave the hospital with this baby? Werent there red flags?

Old 10-27-2017, 07:11 PM

1,078 posts, read 938,991 times
I keep wondering if they were stoned and didn’t notice or hear the baby crying. That sort of neglect is actually difficult to do if you are sober and alert - those are the cases where you see more abuse in response to the crying and cues from the kids than outright neglect.

The entire thing is so utterly horrifying I can’t even wrap my brain around it. And whatever the reason, I hope they get the stiffest penalty assignable under the law. Poor sweet infant

Old 10-27-2017, 07:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Poor little thing.

And she claims she fed the baby at 9 that morning. *sigh*

Old 10-27-2017, 07:30 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Some people believe the world isn't an evil place. smh

I couldn't imagine that poor baby's final hours.

Old 10-28-2017, 04:50 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
My baby daughter is the most precious thing in the world to me. I can't imagine how you could be evil enough to do something like this to a baby.

I hope that they suffer agonizing and prolonged deaths.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:43 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
I suspect some serious drug use with the parents.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:08 AM

16,079 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I suspect some serious drug use with the parents.
That or mental deficiency of some kind. They called 911 themselves, so apparently didn't realize their culpability in the baby's death. Waiting to make the call until there were maggots present suggests something seriously off in their thought process.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:54 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,874,126 times
Were these people on drugs? Dear God above, what is going on in this world! Sweet, innocent child dying at the hands of their parents is evil incarnate!

Old 10-28-2017, 12:20 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,158,322 times
Oh my God, so horribly sad, what a travesty... I pray to God for justice and most of all RIP baby angel💕💕🐬🐬
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events