Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:29 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times

Advertisements

I won't shed a tear for the victim here, one less POS in the world. But the claims that the murderer should be rewarded with a beer or a reduced sentence are beyond idiotic. He was there for a reason guys, pay attention.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 11-15-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You are the first to bring up exactly what i thought when I read the thread. A bundle of taxpayers money has been saved!!! The downside is that the government will probably wrap that saved money up in cellophane and sent it to ISIS like they did a couple of years ago.
Actually, this will be a huge loss to tax payers because it is the jails responsibility to keep prisoners safe and in this instance they failed. I wouldn't be surprised if family of this guy sues and wins a multi million dollar wrongful death suit against the state.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:32 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
we dont know what the man who killed him was in for though.. he could be a rapist, murderer, did you think of that...
Lots of people are in prison doing long sentence, for drug crimes. Not everyone is in prison because they did something heinous.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:54 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Lots of people are in prison doing long sentence, for drug crimes. Not everyone is in prison because they did something heinous.
Well now he is a murderer, even if you approve.

By the way, we don't know if he was killed for his crimes or if he owed this other criminal a packet of ramen and didn't pay up.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:03 PM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

By the way, we don't know if he was killed for his crimes or if he owed this other criminal a packet of ramen and didn't pay up.
The way I look at it is this. Him killing the baby killer just might deter even 1 person from killing a baby. Maybe it will give some other guy a moments pause before he does something so heinous. If it deters even 1 other babys death then I think it was worth it.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:04 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
John Westland is a convicted rapist.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:13 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
While I'd rather have justice done by the public system as it should be, I'll take the second option. In a world where not many criminals get what they deserve, it is refreshing to see justice served even though in a way that is not the preferred one.

It saddens me beyond measure to think of the horror that that little baby went through in it's few moments of precious life here on earth. The poor thing couldn't figure out what was what, they whole world was new to it. All it could do is cry. How horrible. My heart breaks for the precious little thing. What a monster! What an epitome of all-evil incarnate! Who could do such a thing to an innocent little baby??? My only recourse is to know that the little baby is safe in the arms of the Lord Jesus sharing in all His glory right now and the memory of it's wretched life is covered over with joy that surpasses all knowledge. The punishment of the murderer is also a reflection of God's glory--his judgment on this wicked, repulsive monster.
The baby is with God, yes, in perfect peace and rest.

However sorry to ruin your vengeance party but the young man who was killed may or may not be in hell, that is part of your Christianity package- whether he sincerely repented even in the last moments of his life is up to God alone to know and judge that.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:

The truth is that's very possible--- prison is not teeming with good, caring people with a conscience. Even inmates here "just for drugs" have serious character issues and the ones there just for drugs, some of those inmates also committed other crimes of a violent type nature but just weren't caught-- or, may have served time previously for a violent crime and this time around in for drugs, robbery etc

Inmates have been known to assault and even kill other inmates for the most slight things they are offended by such as a pack of ramen not returned or cutting in line or not paying back ten bucks.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Yes. And he was sentenced to life in prison. I don't give a care about this guy, personally, but I don't want to live in a society where criminals can go around murdering other people because they decide, by their value code, they deserve to die. That is insanity to suggest that is a good idea or its justice or anything like that. It isn't. If it is ok for this criminal to kill this other criminal because of his crimes, where does it stop.

I also believe that if communities keep people locked up, they are responsible to keep them safe. Forget baby murderer for a second...there are lots of people in prisons who don't belong there.

Also...dude...the guy who killed him is a murderer too. Really, we want someone like that let out early? Or to otherwise encourage that.

I am sorry, but people need to think before they type.
Along those lines, another dynamic is that inmates will assault or kill another inmate to earn "points" to prove how they were the big guy to take down prisoner x--and, these same heroes have committed violence themselves. An inmate is there for robbery or drug crime for example but also in the past put his wife in intensive care. Gets to prison and wants to prove how much he disapproves of crimes against women or children, so he can feel like he really isn't the type to ever do such things himself

Old 11-15-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
To be accurate, the deceased already had a judge and jury. The executioner volunteered.
They are not supposed to be any of the three. There have been inmates wrongfully convicted of a violent crime who get attacked by inmates who need to feel holier than thou - and turns out the guy was innocent.
Does anyone really think the motive of another inmate who is also IN PRISON to be pure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events